1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Seven

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 12, 2016.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I call you a tete a tete with the Mountain Clegane.

2. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

That's true. I guess it could just be a calling card.

3. Anticope

Anticope Member

I think it's been established that he can see fragments of events in the future. He did seem surprised that Arya went to Winterfell instead of King's Landing, so maybe he's seen her in KL in the future but didn't know when exactly it occurred, which would be cool.

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

This is a different look from the behind the scenes:

If you make it all the way to Jaime Lannister's song, the like button is in the bottom right. I know you'll use it if you get to it. But don't skip ahead. The jokes all build up.

Sajan and B-Bob like this.
  5. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

They're like insiders on Clutchfans. They know they're going to be ridiculed but they can't help themselves.

Sajan likes this.
  6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think the WhiteWalkers are just making the signs that the children of the forest did, maybe whoever made the Children is who they are trying to get the attention of...perhaps a group of gods?

DD

7. don grahamleone

Didn't they say that the Children of the Forest made the White Walkers back in the day? Like in season 5 or something? I've read the books and I don't think that's in the books, but I kind of remember it from one scene. Maybe it was the Hold Door episode in season six? I could be wrong, I have no idea.

Here's the real question: Who will be the bigger legend 40 years from now? Rey from Star Wars or Khaleesi from Game of Thrones?

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yes, with Magic and Dragonglass. The 3-eyed Raven showed Bran. And not just the Children of the Forest, but our very own Leaf made the first White Walker. (She was 12,000 yrs old.) They made them to combat the first men, who were at war with the CoF.

She's stabbing one of the First Men with Dragonglass.

#988 heypartner, Aug 10, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    don grahamleone likes this.
  9. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

The First Men battled the Children of the Forest but they made peace, which is why the North still prayed to the faces carved on the trees. Like Ned still did but his wife did not.

It was the Andals who are supposed to slaughter the CotF and drove what was left up into hiding. I believe the CotF created the The Night King to beat the Andals.

The TV show in the last episode had Jon saying the CotF fought together with the First Men against the White Walkers (which Leaf created).
    It might be Jon mistook the drawings to prove his point, or the writers just want to lump in First Men and Andals together as one for simplicity sake now that they want to end it soon.

don grahamleone likes this.
  10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

No. The Wall was built 8,000 yrs ago after The Long Night. The Andals didn't invade until 6.000 yrs ago.

The White Walkers were already created well before the Wall was built. So, they were created to fight the First Men, but got out of hand and, ironically, the CotF and First Men had to later join to fight the White Walkers during the Long Night.

LFE171 likes this.
  11. don grahamleone

jebus, how do you know this stuff? I read every page of all 5 books and I've seen every show. I have been out-dorked.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. fba34

Ah ok, I didnt bother noticing dates, its just long ago and even longer ago for me. I just assumed it would be stupid to create the White Walkers and then it got out of hand so badly you had to gang up with your actual enemy in the first place. But it looks to be the case.

13. fba34

Apparently I dont (see above), but I noticed a few times how in the book they made a clear distinction about how the First Men and Andals are not the same and they had different relationships regarding CotF and trees. I imagined Native Americans and White People in my head.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I dun know bout Ray but Starwars is the bigger franchise with endless reboots in the next 10 - 20 years. If Khaleesi were a space opera Khaleesi would be another chance.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The First Men I would assume are the Northerners mostly.

Andals are what are Southerners and likely Dornians. (Could be wrong, I never read the book)

First Men killed the Children OF first but later made a pact with them. Andals were just killing and chopping trees to build King's Landing and those places.

16. don grahamleone

My reading comprehension and watching comprehension is so weak that I thought the Andals was a place, not a people. So who is included in the Andals? The Lannisters, Targaryens and Tullys?

17. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Finally got around to watching the episode. Great episode overall with little to nitpick.

Bran clearly has accepted the role as the Three Eyed Raven. And yes, the Three Eyed Raven has the ability to see the future (hence Hodor). Much like someone who commits to the Night Watch and has to disavow their family, the Three Eyed Raven must do the same. Bran has pretty much disavowed his family and is taking on the role of the greater good. A good question is why he flaunts his abilities to others. Is it crappy writing intended to show off Brans powers or is their more to it?

I am fine with Arya. I will agree Oathbreaker should have destroyed Needle, but that logic could be countered by stating Arya did not hack Othbreaker full force and only glanced the blade. Arya and Brianne's fighting styles are very very different. Her size and height have very little to do with it other than allowing her to be more agile.

I found the gold safely making it into the castle a little to convenient. I can understand them being close, but one would not send the treasure unless it was heavily guarded.
    Also, why did Daenarys attack straight on with the dragon instead of swooping and burn down the line (left to right) . I understand that would be too OP for the dragons and we wouldn't get the cool scenes of the Drathraki clashing into the shield wall, but strategically speaking, it made no sense. And why are we just blowing up supply wagons, regardless of whats in them? Also, hopefully we are done with the stupid dragon spear. If its the only one, why is it not at Kings Landing?

If Danaerys does not fully trust Jon, why would she follow him back into a deep cave all alone?

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It was quoted that the Andals invaded and married themselves into Southern Westeros.....thus making families like the Lannisters and Arryns bastards, a mix of those 2.

There were 3 major ethnic groups - Andals, Rhoyner (Dorne), First Men.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Andals

#998 daywalker02, Aug 10, 2017
  19. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Just a quick note, Brianne wasn't using her real sword, Oathkepper, she was using a sparing sword when she fought Arya. The same one she was training Pod with....

[​IMG]

#999 GRENDEL, Aug 10, 2017
  20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

What's the point of being the Three Eyed Raven if he never tells anyone about his visions?