1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

prime kobe v.s. prime LeBron

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by catch22, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

i'll give you dis. kobe's wife is way hotter than lebrons wife. does that make kobe the better playa?

[​IMG]

Scola Scoops likes this.
  2. hakeemthagreat

Ok, I'll make it as easy as possible for you. Who lead the team in 4th quarter points all 3 championships? (Google is your friend). When

As far as the rest of your post, Kyrie is a great scorer that had the benefit of tons of 1-1 looks due to LeBron's presence (hmmmm, similar to this guard that won 3 titles along this big C that constantly got him 1-1 looks all night). The big shot you speak of, one on one coverage. Things would be completely different for Kyrie if he had to do more than get buckets, mainly on solo coverage.

And yes, teams would happily trade all of those players for a prime Shaq (he was post prime when traded) or any other player that's clearly a top 10 player in league history. What's funny is when Shaq was in his prime Jackson wanted to trade Kobe!

Let us know when you have some actual support for how laker players fared down the stretch during the 3-peat. We will be waiting.[/QUOTE]
    Also keep in mind, he didn't need a "superfriends" team to get her too

3. amujiege

amujiege Member

Take the best player off contenders, which team is the best? Wade+Bosh and Kyrie+Love are very likely still the best teams in their era. IMO Lebron simply took the best supporting cast to win rings he supposed/expected to win. He's still great and smart, but...

4. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

It appears that you have given up on that silly "Q4 liability talk". We are making progress.

If you assert that Kobe led the Lakers in Q4 scoring for all 3 titles then support that with evidence. Saying go to google is not support. It actually appears to be a cop-out, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt. So please, make it easy for me instead of constantly dodging questions asking for support for your position. It appears that you don't have any facts to back up your position, but I'm constantly giving you chances to support your claims. For whatever reason, you refuse to provide support. Surely you have some, right?

Pretty simple request. Do you have support for your position? If so, share it. Show us who led LA in 4th qtr scoring for all 3 titles.

#304 Icehouse, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    fckbandwagons likes this.
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Also keep in mind, he didn't need a "superfriends" team to get her too[/QUOTE]
    Why are you still posting ****? I already gave you the link showing ALL best nba players lists ranking Lebron over Kobe.

Are you smarter than ESPN, SI, Fox Sports etc? Obviously you didn't reply to my post because you can't say anything without revealing how delusional you really are.

Prime Lebron>Prime Kobe. Get over it.

6. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

You think Kobe wasn't inefficient...?

McGrady's best was absolutely better than Kobe's. It's just that McGrady's best didn't last very long. We never had him at his best in Houston after 2005... And he was 25 that season. So sad how much injuries destroyed him. (Of course, JVG as his coach certainly did not help him offensively, either. Can only imagine the damage he would have done if he was healthy under Adelman or McHale)

Despite all this, even in many of those seasons where he shot like garbage, he was still an indispensable part of the team. He was a far better playmaker and passer than Kobe, and, yes, even a better defender.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Even worse, what happens if you take Shaq off the Lakers and left them with only Kobe? They go from being in the finals as a 50+ win team to being a 30 win team.

8. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I wouldn't put them that low. I think they'd be perennial 8th seed contenders that'd average anywhere between 35 to 45 wins a season. That's more reflective of the Lakers when Shaq left and Kobe was absent a pairing superstar.

9. hakeemthagreat

Your source is ESPN? The same network who at times implies Lebron may be better than Jordan? I can't take anything you say serious. Especially after you put Lamar Odom & Andrew Bynum in the superstar category with Wade, Bosh, Kyrie & Love ("Butt but, Kobe had Bynum & Odom to help him"). I don't think anything you post after that warrants a logical response

10. jsingles

jsingles Member

It was ESPN and about half a dozen others. You should show him you're more of a man than him by posting 1 more article than him showing a professionally ranked list with Kobe on top.

roslolian likes this.
  11. fckbandwagons

fckbandwagons Member

i don't think you understand the impact gasol, bynum, and odom had on the lakers during those title runs, especially the team running the triangle with a frontcourt who had an inside out game.

Icehouse and roslolian like this.
  12. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

And kobe wasn't an indispensable part of his teams? That last paragraph is pure opinion on your part which your entitled too forsure.

How is mcgradys best year better than kobes? Kobe avg 35/6/5 and shot just as good as tmac best season.

But kobes 2nd 3rd 4th 5th on down is better than tmacs and the stats and wins back that up.

I don't hate tmac and I also don't think kobe is better than Lebron but kobe and tmac are not in the same league.

They were compared to each other for a 2 years period that's it when tmac came to houston those comparisons stoped and kobe dominated for another 8-10 years winning 2 more chips and an MVP.

Kobe is a lot more efficient than tmac clearly you can see the difference in shooting 45+ from the field and 34+ from three over 40% and 31%?

Tmac had multiple seasons of terrible terrible shooting he had 3 seasons of good volume shooting kobe had 10+ seasons of good volume shooting.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Espn and fox and SI and basically every major sports site on the web that made a top nba greatest list. Are all of these sites wrong or are you just dumb? Hint: they aren't wrong. You can't even find a single list from a reputable source that will put Kobe over Lebron because unlike you these sites need to back up their claims and there is no argument to put Kobe over Lebron.

Its not just me saying Lebron is better than Kobe, it is almost all of the known world. You can't take what I say seriously? Who the F are you compared to me and all these sites? You are just 1 random dude on the internet and you have not been able to put up any statistical evidence to back your claims. All you can do and all you have done is nitpick other people's posts and you have argued everything from Shaq to Tmac, this is a clear sign you really have no argument other than "Kobe is the best durr hurr".

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Kobe is better than Tmac. He's not better than Lebron.

Icehouse likes this.
  15. roslolian

roslolian Member

He doesn't understand anything. Dude is even trying to argue Shaq was a liability on the court and Kobe had to hard carry his ass to 3 rings lmao.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Dude he won't find a list with Kobe on top. No professional writer is that dumb.

17. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

The irony of you questioning someone else's source when you haven't provided your own when questioned about it. Where is the support for this Kobe > Shaq in Q4 talk?

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  18. hakeemthagreat

No reputable source? This guy seems like a pretty good source. I think he may know a thing or 2 about basketball

[​IMG]

19. hakeemthagreat

They were mostly role players that benefited playing with Kobe. Odom, Bynum & Artest were all out the league shortly after that run. Gasol has bounced team to team. You compare Kobe's 2nd title team to ANY of Lebron's, and the fact is Lebron's had more help. It's not even debatable. Without Ray Allen & Kyrie Irving Lebron doesn't have 2 of the 3 titles he has based on those the clutch shots they hit (the ones he doesn't take).

20. hakeemthagreat

Again, this guy has more credibility than ANY "writer" you'll find. He agrees with me Kobe's better than Lebron

[​IMG]