1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Watson Or Savage? Who would you like to see lead the Texans week 1

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nigel Thornberry, Aug 8, 2017.

?

Watson or Savage

1. Deshaun Watson

66.7%
  2. Tom Savage

33.3%
  1. Nigel Thornberry

[​IMG]
    Obviously we know Savage has been named the starter for the first Preseason game. The question is who you want for week one. Please feel free to comment why as well.

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

There's a difference between who we'd like to see start week 1 and who will start week one.

Either way, Watson still has a lot to learn and absorb (which I'm hoping a majority of will take part this preseason) but right now Savage is the most ready to start since he has experience in the system plus the guys seem comfortable with him at QB.

Same was said last year with Brock so I'm hoping this time its truth.

mightybosstone likes this.
  3. solid

solid Contributing Member

If the Texans are so comfortable with Savage why did they move heaven and earth to get Watson?

4. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I put Savage because I think he is farther along and will be more comfortable in the system but 2 things: 1, if Watson starts game one that means he beat out Savage in camp which means he is better and that will be awesome. 2, if Savage starts and gets injured so watson comes in, that means he might not be ready but is needed. What I am trying to say is I either want him to start game 1 earning it or not at all til next season when he is better than Tom.

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Who ever plays better should start, but you gave up 2 1st round picks for Watson, and savage has never been good so I would think watson will be the starter. He wasn't even good in college where everyone is putting up crazy stats.

Fulgore likes this.
  6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Watson gets compared to Dak a lot. Dak preseason stats from last year: 39/50 454 yds 5tds 0 picks and qbr 137.8

7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

They really didnt though. They gave up a future first rounder. Thats it. Moving up positions in the draft, I dont consider anything given up. The 2nd rounder was to dump a bad contract. Murney does it and it happens in the nba all the time. Plus crock was a disturbance/cancer in the locker room.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

who doesn't want to to play with their new toy when the games don't even matter?

Nigel Thornberry likes this.
  9. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not voting until the end of the third preseason game. We still have to see how Savage plays after actually being named the starter and how far along Watson has come in camp.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I hope it's Savage for at least 4-5 games. The curve is steep with BOB.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

As of today, I'd like to see Savage because that's who the players on the team he'd be passing the ball to want at QB week 1. I know some want that guy hurt in order to get a chance to see a miracle happen, but I'll stick with what the players on the team want at least for now.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

because our front office is dysfunctional.

I think Savage is better right now, so I say we start him until Watson has his accuracy issues and reading defense from the pocket issues are fixed

raining threes likes this.
  13. Nigel Thornberry

Couldn't agree more

14. Nigel Thornberry

Read my poll... It says who would you LIKE to see not who is going to start.

15. Nigel Thornberry

Good post. Problem is that Bill is the type of coach that will start Savage regardless. My point is that even if Watson is clearly better Bill will still be like "Savage is our starter." I don't agree with that.

16. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I am more worried about the other way around. Money was spent on Brock, BOB started Brock even though savage was better. If watson is better then start him but don't just start watson because we spent draft picks on him.

raining threes likes this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's what I want to avoid as well. From all accounts Watson is really far behind Savage, but we know if the bulk of the fanbase had it their way, they'd start the hype machine anyway. Now I expect that kind of thing from certain types of fans, I just hope the coaching staff doesn't fall into that BS and start a guy just because they drafted him.

justtxyank and raining threes like this.
  18. Nimo

Nimo Member

If your answer isn't "whoever gives the Texans a better chance to win", I question your fandom.

csj likes this.
  19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

My answer is whatever helps me win an argument on the internet

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Savage is in the last year of his contract and I think so is Weeden; the cupboard is pretty bare for us at QB after that

21. Nimo

Nimo Member

You, my man, are a true ClutchFans member