1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. Bearius Jones

Bearius Jones Member

Has this been trade scenario been discussed?
    https://syndication.bleacherreport....trade-ideas-for-nbas-worst-contracts.amp.html

J_Hunter_1977 likes this.
  2. Joshua0312

Joshua0312 Member

You guys need to brace for the inevitable fall of this deal. It is 100% guaranteed that Ryan Anderson will be a rocket this upcoming season. Melo will remain a knick until he gets tired of waiting and will add teams to his list. Morey tried but the Knicks are not interested in any of the scenarios presented to them by Houston. It is likely at this point in the next few weeks the rockets will try one last ditch effort to haggle with new York but at this time the deal has sailed. Melo is frustrated but again, people FAR underestimated the leverage that new York holds in this deal. They never HAD to make a deal to make Melo happy. They are happy standing pat. Time to move on folks

3. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Bearius Jones likes this.
  4. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

Did I hear something? Oh its the creep that claims to have sources. How are ya creep?

DonKnock likes this.
  5. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

You say this like it's a bad thing. Don't let the memes fool you. I'm sure most of us are alright if we keep Ryno going into next season. Rather have Ryno than get Melo while giving up Gordon/Ariza/Capela etc.. I don't want Melo if we have to give up our depth.. It doesn't make us better.

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

[​IMG]

7. Joshua0312

Joshua0312 Member

Feeling pretty good. I told you don't get your hopes up. My source that you alluded to confirmed to me again over the weekend what I said above. It's time to let it go. Stop checking in on the deal because it is completely over now. The rockets tried their best but new York was underestimated in their want to stand pat. Also, don't get used to the rockets team the way it's constructed now. Certain key player only wants one year if another banana boat member doesn't make it to Houston.

8. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

WELL OK I GUESS I SHOULD LISTEN TO YOU.

9. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

So we should stop 'checking in' on the deal, yet you continue to visit the thread, too.. *thinking emoji*

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  10. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

He is at home with his legs propped over his head walking on his hands doing god knows what to himself.

11. ch44

ch44 Member

I don't post a lot, and most things that I do share won't end up happening because of the nature of the business. I don't try to draw attention to myself either, just post things I can contribute to in existing threads. I did post about Huertas and Ennis being involved in the Williams trade first, and Asik to Pelicans for a 1st, but mostly they are rumors that only get "verified" after another source reports them.

Woj already has the market cornered on breaking news that is happening. I just share things being discussed behind the scenes, when I can, because I'm a fan too.

12. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

If you really had sources you would have said ur peace and sat back to be right.

Trolls continuesly post the same thing every 5-10 pages to keep their gimmick alive. U keep talking about it as if you can convince anyone. Don't mistake people's boredom and talking back to you with them buying in.

BHannes2BHonest and DonKnock like this.
  13. Coach E

Coach E Member

Nope. CP3 isn't leaving.
    He's been incredibly active with harden and ariza.
    He's already said he wants to stay here.
    We can max him.
    He's playing for one the only teams able to challenge GS.

Your crazy to think he would walk just if we can't sign another BBB (banana boat boy)

lionaire and DonKnock like this.
  14. BackdoorHarden

Curry is worried about the Rockets and following the Melo trade. Rockets only team he is afraid of

"
    “It’s obviously great for the league that there is that much movement and shuffling of the deck and teams taking chances with personnel to try to get better,” Curry said. “You obviously look around the Western Conference . . . the amount of talent up and down the board is going to be crazy.

“Just because we have the same team coming back, we’re (still) going to have to go through some different challenges and answer the bell. But around the league, it’s great that winning still matters and everybody is trying to make that happen.”

One team particular seemed to intrigue Curry: Houston.

"I’m very curious, because I’ve got to play against them four times, at least,” he said of the Harden-Paul pairing. “I’ll have to see how they work together, and we’ll have to figure out how to beat them And then they are trying to get Melo.

“I guess the eye test may seem like it’ll be a little different. But they’re two high-IQ guys that know how to play the game and should know how to adjust to each other if they have to.”

BHannes2BHonest and Fullcourt like this.
  15. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Ben and all of us just waiting for Tuesday 5:45 pm and friday

Tfor3 and mockster like this.
  16. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

They've got Favors and Johnson coming off the books next summer. Don't look like a team that would take on Ryno's contract

17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Ben Saturday is for Dubose

don grahamleone likes this.
  18. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I don't believe this guy has sources, but I do think he's mostly right. As long as what the Rocket's have to offer puts them in a worst position in the long run (Rynos contract or ones similar), they would have a lot more leverage than you would think.

justtxyank likes this.
  19. macan

macan Member

any news?

20. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

It's definitely happening, unless it doesn't.

Killatron 2000 and Tfor3 like this.