1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I don't eat pepperoni pizza!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by kevC, Aug 7, 2017.

1. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Look, I'm not trying to be the edgy guy here who hates everything, but pepperonis are just too salty for my taste. I can't be in that circle, I'm sorry.

2. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Good.........more for me. I'd really kill you when I add green olives to it. I'd add anchovies too.......if I didn't prefer them cold and in my salad.

Reminds me..........need to go take a Losartin.

CCity Zero likes this.
  3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

You're missing out!! I mean everyone loves their daily intake of Nitrates!!!! Next time try pepperoni and bacon, hahah

4. Roscoe Arbuckle

Pepperoni is such an overrated topping. I never ask for it and only eat it if I'm eating it somewhere where that's what others ordered.

Better question is: what is the best topping?

5. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You have to get shredded pepperoni on top of the cheese that gets really crispy, and throw in some fresh garlic.

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  6. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Bully...

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  7. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

me neither. i worked in a pizza place when i was 16-17 and it got to the point where the smell of pepperoni would trigger a gag reflex. none of the other toppings got me like that.

25+ years later i could eat pepperoni...i just choose not to.

8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

You are dead to me @kevC

9. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

You know who doesn't eat pepperoni? Communists, that's who.

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Wow this is amazing. I can't wait to hear about what other salamis the OP doesn't eat.

And if you say chorizo I SWEAR TO GOD!!!!

kevC likes this.
  12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This calls for a @JCDenton pie-chart analytic for the slow folk...

[​IMG]

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Pepperoni.

14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

It upsets my stomach for some reason. But, not always. I can only surmise my stomach knows good pepperoni from bad pepperoni.

15. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

OP doesn't want to be all edgy like this guy

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

I don't eat pineapple pizza! Pineapple doesn't belong on pizza.

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I also don't like pepperoni or any deli meat in general. Pepperoni is too salty for me and I don't like the texture

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Pineapple and Pepperoni Bigots are in the Hangout and No One is doing ANYTHING about it!

19. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

So.........true story. There's a little pizza joint in New Bedford Mass called Pa Raffas, and among other pizzas (like linguica....YUM!), they make an "onion" pizza. That's right............the only topping is onion. My cousin up there convinced me to try it claiming it was the best pizza ever. Now, I like onions.......don't love 'em, but I feel they have their place. Love them on a bean burrito. But I only tried the onion pizza to be nice. Turned out I liked it. I've go visit family maybe twice a decade up there, and we ALWAYS go to Pa Raffas. After the third or fourth time, that damn onion pizza has become my favorite. My wife claims it's her favorite pizza in the world. I learned something new this past trip.......Pa Raffas doesn't use mozzarella on their pizza. They use a white cheddar. Sounds strange, and I'm mildly embarrassed that my palette wasn't good enough to pick up on it earlier, but being a stronger flavored cheese than mozz., they can probably get by with using less. AND..........I've always found that cheddar compliments onions.

Anyhoo.........if you guys that make pizza ever wanna try something new just FTFOI, make a regular pizza (thinner crust, typical red sauce), but instead of using mozz., use some white cheddar and some onion on top. Cook it enough to caramelize the onions a bit on top. Thank me later. AND..........it's not too salty.

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  20. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I dont eat it either. Its disgusting bro. Any sort of pig products are disgusting. Bacon, salami, pepperoni, bologna is all no bueno to me.

Especially pepperoni and sausage. Mystery meat weirdness in that stuff.

I do LOVE pineapple on my pizza though. I have since I was like 9. @J.R. can stop hatin on pineapple.

I've worked at multiple pizza places in my college years and some of the best toppings could also be black olives, kalamata olives, gorgonzola cheese, garlic, pickled jalapenos, or serano peppers.

I honestly wouldnt trust the meat at most pizza places guys. They are usually just salted mystery meat. Do not trust the ground beef either. That ish is like dog food.

If I need meat on a pizza then it will usually just be jerk chicken from east side pies.

I was a vegetarian from 2010-2015 so I'm still extremely picky with meat. Its mainly seafood, sometimes chicken breast, and every now and then steak for me. Pig is just gross, i'll never touch that ish again.