1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyrie Irving wants out

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rockets13champs, Jul 21, 2017.

1. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

I'd keep Kyrie.

2. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I know it's technically an option, but I don't think it is really an option after all the damage in the past 2 weeks alone

Robin Harris (RIP) famously said "Gotta go?!? Gotta go!!!"

3. seeingred

seeingred Member

I'd keep him as well. Send him to summer camp with Lebron for a heart to heart, or let him pout on the court or maybe hold out and demand a trade. But to sell an offensive superstar cheap just because he decides he doesn't want to play for the team? Lol. No. We've seen stars go for scraps - Paul George is the most recent example. But this is one time that the team has all the leverage.

4. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Heard Detroit wants in

5. rockets13champs

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The Kyrie situation is taking its time to play out, and he doesn't even have a no-trade clause. We shouldn't be surprised if Melo's situation also takes time.

8. ch44

ch44 Member

Cavs are willing to take on Noah's contract if the Knicks will swap Kyrie for Porzingis.

Vivi likes this.
  9. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Shouldn't it take longer because he doesn't have a no-trade clause? Cavs can literally just sit on it till whenever till the bidding war settles and they get the best offer. Melo only has one destination.

10. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I hope the Cavs aren't getting so desperate that they pull off a Love and Kyrie for Melo, Prigs and Noah in order to keep Lebron.

11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

why would ny even consider that?

12. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

NY want to rebuild not lock themselves into the middle of the east for years.

13. BackdoorHarden

Curry said he'll talk more about the Irving situation as soon as he's traded. I guess Curry and Kyrie talked when they were making fun of the King at Harrison Barnes wedding.

"
    Curry said not much surprises him anymore when it comes to NBA drama such as Cavaliers star Kyrie Irving's request to be traded and no longer play alongside LeBron James. They won a championship together in 2016 before the Warriors won the June rematch.

" It's just kind of the nature of the beast. I'm sure if something does happen I'll be able to talk about it more but right now he's still on Cleveland's team."

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ric Bucher: Cavs Trying to Find Next Kyrie While Hoping They Can Keep the One They Have

"What Kyrie does is a perfect fit for us," says one team source. "That's why we want to smooth this out if we can."

"You can be sure Dan wants to win the press conference with whatever trade he makes," says one former member of the Cavs organization. "Dan always wants to win the press conference."

While league sources say the Cavaliers are exploring what they might be able to get for Irving, there are those within the team who believe whatever issues Irving has can be addressed and resolved when the players reconvene next month for training camp. They say Irving's disgruntlement caught them by surprise because there were no indications of it during the course of last season and certainly not on the heels of last summer's successful championship run. Irving is under contract with the Cavs for both this season and next, with a player option for a third.

"He's an emotional kid," says one team source.

The question has been raised by more than one voice both inside and outside the Cavs organization: How can he be unhappy when he's not only taking the most shots on the team (1,420 to James' 1,344 last season) but also invariably taking the most important ones?

Several former members of the organization say Irving's issues aren't with his role but the level of respect shown to him by James and the organization—that he has never been viewed, nor treated, on a comparable level despite establishing himself as an All-Star before James returned to Cleveland.

"LeBron looks at him as a little brother," one former Cavs employee says.

One league source predicted that Bledsoe and a future first-round pick will be the deal that inspires Cleveland to move Irving. The Suns have their own first-round picks for the foreseeable future as well as first-round picks from the Miami Heat in 2018 (top-seven protected) and 2021.

"At the end of the day, that's what I think happens," the source says.

The Suns were not on the list of Irving's preferred destinations leaked along with news of his meeting with Gilbert, so it's not clear if that's what he'd like to see happen.

It is clear, at least for now, that some Cavs don't want to see that happen.​

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

That's probably the only way they'd be able to flush that contract. The media made a fuss over Ryan Anderson's contract but at least he can contribute; Joakim has played 75 games the last two seasons and at an average of 21 minutes per game.

So, are the Knicks so desperate to get rid of Noah, which would cost them their golden unicorn? Maybe it depends on Porzingis, who supposedly now wants to be a Knick until he's 47 years old and take all the female fans of breeding age out to the back of Madison Square Garden and get them pregnant. Unless that's just for show and he wants to get out of Dodge.

Who knows how deeply Phil Jackson burned those players.

16. pacman0590

pacman0590 Member

I would want out too if I had to wear those new ugly ass uniforms.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Nah, you wouldn't, you'd be kissing LeBron's feet like any other Bogut.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

19. BackdoorHarden

now he is just trolling us.

This whole thing is just a Kyrie and Lebron and Love trolling us.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member