1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mbah vs. Tucker: Skillset/Role Comparison

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clown Baby, Jul 31, 2017.

1. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Black is the white black

2. Asian Sensation

Iggy has started in one game the last 3 seasons.

3. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Sounds like an ok defensive lineup, especially against that lineup but I think we are getting killed anyway....

Cp3 <> Steph
    Harden >Iggy
    Mbah < Klay
    Ariza < Durant
    Tucker < Draymond

I don't think we are going to beat the Warriors at their game, but I will say that lineup for us could go off big time from three.

4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I meant end of games and before the play starts. That would be our defensive counter to their death lineup.

I thought that was understood? And what we were referring to.

None the less, those defenders will have to switch anyways and likely try and attack harden or Durant Steph PnR putting Durant in ISO against cp3.

But

I like cp3 guarding steph
    Im ok with Harden defending iggy
    I prefer Mbah chasing klay with his length and athleticism around screens and across court
    I like arizas length and defense IQ against durant
    I prefer Tucker's toughness and strength against Draymond.

#44 BigMaloe, Aug 1, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  5. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

He had 37 it's going into the Fourth before CP3 started guarding him. Chris got under his skin made it uncomfortable for him to shoot. Crowded his space because he is quick enough to play up and not get beat. Durant is not use to that kind of defense. Countless steals, which why I said I would wait til Crunch time and not do this the whole game.

D-rock likes this.
  6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I don't think people were claiming it wasn't worth it. I know I made the argument that we probably didn't have to include the 1st Rd pick but what do I know. No one on here knows for sure. What's done is done and we are better with having Paul

7. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Yes, Luc Richard Mbah Moute is the quiet sweet prince of Zumunda. I will cherish the experience of watching him as a Rocket for the rest of my life.

For the rest of my life...

[​IMG]

bleedroxred79 and Carl Herrera like this.
  8. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

It's a Moute point.

I'll see myself out now.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Mbah! Humbug!

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Would this be the team's best 5 or crunch-time 5 against the GSW "death lineup"? Would it be better to include Gordon, Melo (or Anderson), Nene or Capela instead of one of these guy?

11. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

I was just responding to another poster's defensive lineup against the "death lineup". I'm not sure we have a better option against that lineup, though I would like to see what a plus lineup against that lineup would be.

Nene would be IMO our biggest offensive mismatch for them but I don't see how you can play him against that lineup?

I haven't really considered Melo...

12. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

[​IMG]

13. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Harden guarding iggy isn't a good matchup

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

as opposed to guarding who else

Pen15clubber likes this.
  15. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Iggy is too much of a high iq, high motor energy for a player like Harden. There's a reason Harden Rockets used to struggle so bad against Iggy nuggets squads

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

still don't get it. id rather have harden matched up with someone like iggy opposed to having to chase guys running through screens all over the court

Pen15clubber likes this.
  17. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Good defensive lineup

Id have melo on draymond in our lineup with melo :D

Id like to see a scoring lineup in 4th quarters with melo up against draymond.

Something about me thinks draymond could start getting frustrated and losing his cool while melo would be calm and clutch in those situations.

Would be a fun matchup to see!

18. BigMaloe

My lineup was strictly based on a single defensive possession and I guess in theory you would prefer Gordon over harden on defense on one singular defensive position but I leave him in because he deserves it and likely wants to be there.

So there is 10 seconds left, Houston is up 1 with no timeouts and gsw has the ball with the death lineup. That's my defense.

If we are talking about about a 5 minute stretch in the 4th against the death lineup, melo is in and I may be inclined to go more offense orientated.

Cp3 Vs Curry
    Harden Vs Iggy
    Gordon Vs klay
    Ariza Vs Durant
    Melo Vs Draymond

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

agree. the plus is now we have more lineups for situational purposes. the rockets can play both small ball with a defensive lineup or if they need some offense as well

20. BigMaloe

Yeah absolutely.

All this conjecture also leaves out Nene and Capela who have a big role. Like you want Nene out there also. Capela is important.

We have so much roster flexibility.

But in regards to the op question.

Tucker is smarter, and beefier and agitating. Mbah is more athletic and long while have good defensive IQ as well.

So my original point is I would stick Tucker on Draymond, while having Mbah chase klay everywhere. That's my comparison

But if you then add ariza and his IQ and length against Durant and cp3 all world defense against curry it becomes pretty clear we have lineups that match-up very well against likely the greatest lineup of all time.

It's all exciting and wonderful. Can't wait for the season to start.

Clown Baby, Daddy Long Legs and YOLO like this.