1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans select D'onta Foreman, RB, Texas at 3-25

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Apr 28, 2017.

?

What do you think?

1. Love it?

122 vote(s)
    62.6%
  2. Like it?

57 vote(s)
    29.2%
  3. Hate it?

16 vote(s)
    8.2%
  1. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

Chip Lewis is a badass criminal defense attorney. The guy got Robert Durst off for murder, and Durst admitted to chopping up his victim in the bathtub!

Joshfast likes this.
  2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

That title and those facts are not in disagreement. He was arrested for those things and he said he didn't do those things. Next.

Anyway, what is this stuff about the gun being registered in his name. What does that even mean?

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That is mentioned because if it wasn't registered in his name, it could possibly be illegal for him to possess it. With it registered in his name, and stored properly, he broke no laws so they are effectively arresting him for not knowing that someone he was with had a small amount of mar1juana on them....which is BS and his attorney will crush any case they bring against him.

red5rocket and Joshfast like this.
  4. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Apparently you can be in unlawful possession of a firearm in the state of Texas if drugs are present regardless of the legality of the firearm in question. It looks like everything is gonna be okay though after listening to some of the reports from his lawyer and others.

Hopefully nothing comes of it.

5. Major

Major Member

I love that you simply take a defense lawyer at his word and end-of-story for you.

Lawyer: "It was his friend's weed, I promise!"
    Bobby: "Gotta be true! He's innocent!"

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't have a very good history with Austin cops, in fact in one instance an APD officer gave legal advice to someone I was in a dispute with and it ended up costing that idiot thousands of dollars for thinking the cop knew what the hell he was talking about. Campus cops are even worse when it comes to legal knowledge.

That said, it's possible that the defense attorney is lying and if we find out that Foreman had the weed on him and that his handgun wasn't properly registered or stored in the vehicle, I'll change my opinion on this. That said, I kind of doubt they'll be able to prove anything against him even if he was in the wrong.

Shark44 likes this.
  7. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Yes, my experience with Austin LE was that they weren't very competent. If the Campus cops follow suit then Foreman may get off. However, this is not a good way to start for my brother from TC. I was really pulling for this kid, so I hope he gets his head out of his arse.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think for sure it's time for him to be picking his friends and who he associates himself with better. Anyone who would get in his car with weed knowing who he is and what he stands to lose if they get pulled over is someone he needs to ditch immediately.

Shark44 likes this.
  9. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

I guess we're all puritans and never hit bong or been around any friend that smelled like weed or had weed on him in college or at the park in our 20's

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

11. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Could be but the facts of these cases are nothing alike. First, police were called to the scene because someone smelled mar1juana. And all reports state that the police smelled it upon arrival as well. At that point, they had probable cause to conduct a search and seizure.

12. cdain3

cdain3 Member

13. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

So is this case basically dead in the water or what happened? Never expected too much of it, but D'onta is way to important to this team to simply assume.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The stuff out of camp sounds good. He just needs to not be a dumbass

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Basically yeah. A different person had the weed and his gun was legal and stored properly in his vehicle. The case will almost certainly be thrown out.

16. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

I heard the same when it happened, but wasn't sure if there was any new news.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well the only news since then was that he passed a drug test showing that he wasn't using mar1juana which distances him a bit from the guy who was holding.

18. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

Yeah looks like someone posted that earlier in the page. Good for him. Not sure I believe he wasn't using though. It's pretty easy to pass those tests given a few days. An elite athlete like him could pretty much sweat it out with some high doses of Niacin and heavy fluids.

Not that I give even the slightest about that though. He seems to be back on the right track, and we really, really need him. Hopefully he can distance himself from people like that and stay out of trouble.

19. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

This is baseless conjecture.

In this instance a negative test is exactly that. He wouldn't even risk taking a voluntary test if he knew that there was any remote possibility that he may fail.

20. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

I remain skeptical. Just bc the court has to consider him innocent until proven guilty doesn't mean I have to.

Like I said it's irrelevant. He passed the test and that's all that matters. Hopefully he stays away from law going forward.