1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Missing U series] Patrick Beverley as a Clipper

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by daywalker02, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Gross

2. aroundtheblock2

I'm going to have to disagree, the Clippers uniforms look like a D-League or Summer League uniform.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

More miraculous than gross to be honest, I would lie if I wasn't hoping he'd have an MIP type of season.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He took a discount with the promises of playoff contention and NBA family only to be shipped off to an NBA wasteland a year later.

Loyalty's everything until it's Business.

Yung-T likes this.
  5. Asian Sensation

He had an opportunity here for 3 years as the starting PG. He struggled to score 10 points and average more than 3.5 assists per game. You would've been hard pressed to find a worse starting PG a couple seasons ago. Harden running the point and MDA's system masked a lot of Bev's weaknesses last year.

Not a popular choice but I DGAF. Miss Bev?

[​IMG]

ilovehtownbb and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  6. Dcborn_91

Dcborn_91 Member

He wasnt a stat padder but he showed up everyday and played his heart out give the man a break he was loyal to this franchise

7. Asian Sensation

He couldn't pad his stats even if he tried. He did play his heart out though. It's unfortunate he seemed to always be injured during our most critical runs. I want him to succeed in LA but I think he'll struggle.

ilovehtownbb and Exiled like this.
  8. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I'll root for pat except when he's playing the rockets. What are you supposed to say if you are him? Of course he is gonna be an optimist and believe in himself and believe that everything happens for a reason and that he has a better opportunity now.

What should he say "oh crap this sucks, I can't play by james anymore. My career is over. I'm not that good"?

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

What offensive system will Doc run now that his assistant coach is in Houston? He's so used to having players that either create offense (McGrady, Pierce) or run the entire offense (Paul, Rondo) that it'll be interesting to see what he's going to do with limited options.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  10. Dcborn_91

Dcborn_91 Member

I do agree, the days i cant watch games i take a look at the stats and see bev stats as if he came in during garbage times so i do know what you mean. But god you gotta love the guy

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

If you're in this thread taking cheap shots at Pat Bev, then you need to STFU and get outt ahere.

Dude was a consummate professional who put winning and sacrifice above team stats. You can't judge players like Bev by scoreboard watching. Scoreboards don't magnify very key hustle plays and offensive boards or steals down the stretch

12. Nook

Nook Member

Pat is everything right with America.

He grew up in a very violent and crime ridden area.
    He could have dropped out of school or given up... he didn't.

In college he received a bad break. He could have quit basketball and been bitter for the rest of his life... he didn't.

He couldn't get a job playing basketball in the USA. He could have given up, instead he went all the way around the world to Russia. He could of quit.... he didn't.

He busted his butt, realized if he defended and learned how to hit open 3's, he could play in the NBA. He looked for shooting help and went from a horrible 3 point shooter to a good one in Russia....

He came to the NBA and busted his ass everyday at practice and in games. He never rested on his laurels and no matter what happened he had his teammates backs, competed hard and kept an optimistic attitude.. he DESERVES all the success he has had. He is a warrior as a person and a really good human being.

I think he has some limitations as a playmaker that were masked by Harden..... but if anyone can surprise, it is the guy that has already overcome bigger hurdles.

I am ecstatic about the Chris Paul trade, but will always root for Pat. Like someone that knows him well told me; "That is a really good dude."

Rockets4Life13, CDrex, amaru and 5 others like this.
  13. ch44

ch44 Member

I loved Bev's energy too, but I heard part of the reasons he was traded was that he wasn't happy with his contract anymore. He wants Harden money, for being as good defensively as Harden is offensively. It wasn't an issue where he was being actively shopped, but it was easier to part with him knowing that - if that makes sense.

14. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Well he's definitely going to be relying alot on Blake. Love the guy but he sure as heck wasn't an offensive mystro.

15. OTMax

OTMax Member

Totally understandable Beverley wasn't happy with his contract, arguably on the cheapest contract in the league for a starter and when you look at how well he performed relative to his monetary value. I'm actually excited to see him lead a team and handling the ball more. However, I doubt with Teodosic coming over that he's going to be the starting PG which would be a damn shame for him..I would understand if he demands a trade to a team where he can start.

@ch44 I know you are considered an insider, but that doesn't sound like Pat or taken out of context. He wants Harden money? If he said it it was probably just pointing out that he's busting his hump on defense while Harden is not and is just as important to the team, which he was on defense.

@tycoonchip Yeah, though could be that Doc will trust him more to make plays and MDA, Harden or a combination probably did not give Beverley enough responsibility to lead and win games. That sole responsibility rested on Harden's shoulders and I can understand Bev wants to see what he can do as the main ball handler.

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Bruuh that's what Teodosic is for and he's the best at it.

heypartner likes this.
  17. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Did he get a new contract with the Clippers?

18. hakeemthagreat

You're a Lin fan still salty. First off, Hardens been the real PG of the team for years. So "the worst starting pg" argument died where it started. Bev's role was to play defense & knock down 3's, and he did it fantastic. The fact is he's a better NBA basketball players than Jeremy Lin

19. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Dude's a 99er on this forum...have some respect...

20. War Machine

War Machine Member

God those are the worst uniforms in pro sports.