1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Marvel Movie] Thor : Ragnarok

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

ha ha i totally flubbed that one. I mean Christopher Nolan.

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Taika Waititi is an outstanding director, and I think what he has shown so far of Thor is incredible. I love Batman Begins and Dark Knight (notice how I didn't mention Dark Knight Rises?), but Nolan isn't the end-all-be-all of directors, and I completely disagree that his take would have been better.

3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Im not so sure. I feel the franchise has grown stale much like Xmen. It feels like a rinse and repeat, swapping out new villains each time. I would like to see more of a Deadpool minus the humor ... thats not to say I didn't love the humor in deadpool. I tend to appreciate the blur between hero and villain.

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

The franchise has gotten stale, and yet this is a 100% departure from any of the other movies.

Your suggestion is to make it more like Deadpool who is nothing like Thor or any of the other characters in this movie.

Yes, makes lots of sense. The defense rests, the prosecution has no clue what they're talking about.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

No more meow meow? I'll believe it when I see it.

6. trigun333

trigun333 Member

I thought this new trailer could in no way be better than the last, but damn was I wrong. That music just goes with this film.

seclusion likes this.
  7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

It gets destroyed at the beginning of the movie. There are other mystical weapons Thor has wielded, including an axe. I wouldn't expect to see Mjolnir again any time soon after it gets smashed by Hela.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

That was a really good trailer.

Jontro likes this.
  9. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Issa lit, Hela looks b.a.d.a.s.s.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

i assume one good guy has to die in this one. i bet they sacrifice loki. that hot babe will prolly die too.

seclusion likes this.
  11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Loki is in Infinity war. Plus I don't think there's anyone in the world who considers Loki a "good guy". I believe Valkyrie (the 'babe' you're referring to) may be in Infinity war as well.

There will be more than enough death going on (see: Hela enjoying her stroll through Asgardian corpses), but I think the people you mentioned are mostly safe.

I know of at least one person that is almost guaranteed to die based off the comics though...

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

i thought loki was just a bratty good guy. so he'll be on thanos' side then?

13. Caesar

Caesar Member

Watched the dark, bleak and muted colors of Justice League and wanted to kill myself and then watched the new Thor trailer and i feel hopeful and energetic. Makes you feel good. The complete opposite of anything Snyder touches.

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I am so glad Marvel isn't DC, if that makes sense.

Outside of Wonder Woman and Superman I hate the casting choices for DC. Snyder sucks as a director. Those movies just aren't fun. :(

Roc Paint likes this.
  15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I don't find Cate Blanchett hot, but she always ends up really hot in movies with makeup.

Caesar and seclusion like this.
  16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Loki is about Loki basically. Just assume he's got himself in mind and you're probably on the right track.

17. VanityHalfBlack

Seclusion puttin the breaks on them fools!! Let's go baby!!! Are you at comiccon this year, or?

18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Nah just refreshing the reddit like a crackfiend. :)
    I need to go one of these years.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Relax, broseph. People can have opinions and some people will be getting sick of CGI underoo fests. But others of us won't, and there's nothing to worry about: they're going to keep cranking these out.

The Hunted and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

It's fine, it was just a really silly take. It was like saying I need Spider-Man to be more like Spawn...