1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Uniform Changes

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 18, 2017.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Meh. I feel like the rest of the league is moving towards more aesthetically simple designs that are clean and we still look like uniforms that would have been in a 90s movie based on what they thought uniforms would like in the FUTURE.

2. rockets13champs

Oh god

3. rockets13champs

I don't know how someone can make an ugly uniform even more ugly but they did it

4. Caesar

Caesar Member

I certainly still wouldn't purchase it. I need a rebrand that i like to ever buy another Rockets related clothing again. I only have extra large Rockets playoff games that we got free at the games that i wear for working out.

justtxyank likes this.
  5. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

I'm just glad they got ride of the wide shoulder area. Every time I wear the current jersey I feel like a shogan warrior the way the edge hang off my shoulders

6. Caesar

Caesar Member

Well said. Exactly how i always felt.

I'm not even begging for red and yellow anymore(though of course it's what i want most), i just want something nice that doesn't stray too far off the history of the team. If we stick with plain red and white/grey theme(i hate grey..so dull), i just hope they add an itsy bitsy touch of yellow/gold to the logo and uniforms and we at least get to wear our throwbacks minimum 10 games a year. A white, a red version of the current black alternates would be acceptable with a few touch ups/upgrades.

I wouldn't even be mad if the rebrand was throwback inspired by our RWB dildo days IF they decide to use red as the primary color and blue as the alternate. No pinstripes. No dildos and no huge logo on the jerseys though. That original logo/wordmark/number font and alternate 'R' logo had great potential. The color scheme is also very Houston sports as it matches the texans and has blue matching the Astros and Dynamo.

justtxyank likes this.
  7. verysimplejason

I hope there would be black uniforms.

TheMystery008 likes this.
  8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Unfortunately, thanks to the ridiculously large Nike check plastered on the front and advertising patches, say goodbye to "clean" forever.

9. justtxyank

Can still have clean lines and not be overly cluttered with design features.

Caesar likes this.
  10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

If you ignore the two things I mentioned, sure.

11. justtxyank

I don't get too worked up over the Nike patch and a potential sponsorship patch. I'm much more annoyed by big bold chevrons, weird cuts, abrasive color combinations, bizarre logos, lame fonts, etc.

Richie_Rich and macho GRANDE like this.
  12. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Don't have but 1 Rockets gear with this current Logo. I honestly hate the fonts and everything about it.

13. onreego

onreego Member

Put this in the Tinman thread but did a quick and dirty red version of their black jerseys. Not sure if I made the Nike logo big enough...

[​IMG]

That being said going back to the classics is always my preference.

Caesar likes this.
  14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Gotcha, I'm completely the opposite lol. Design the jersey however you want, just don't tack on ads and crap.

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

fingers crossed Rockets unveil a New York . . . playa

16. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Trying to decipher the 8 teams likely to get classic unis... 7 have anniversaries this year. And the Nuggets had their skyline jersey when they introduced Millsap

East:
    Pistons
    Bucks
    Heat
    Hornets

West:
    Lakers
    Kings
    Suns
    Nuggets

17. OTMax

OTMax Member

Well I'm wondering if they actually will have the original throwbacks since it states it will celebrate iconic jerseys of the past. Those Nuggets rainbow ones and the original teal Hornets ones definitely fit that bill, the latter were shown with an MJ logo:

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Caesar likes this.
  19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Are the compression capri pants a mandatory part of the uniform now?

20. theh

theh Member

That NASCAR checkered print from the grey uniforms, but all over.