1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Say Hello to Better Uniforms!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jul 17, 2017.

?

new owner new uniforms

1. yes

247 vote(s)
    89.2%
  2. no

30 vote(s)
    10.8%
  1. Caesar

Caesar Member

So you're saying Balmer rebranded the Clippers without the 1 year wait b/c he went outside of Adidas to do it? So the new Rockets ownership could also not want to wait another 1 or 2 seasons to make this Rockets team theirs by having a new brand and fresh start right away done by a non Nike team?

2. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

Perfection

Pen15clubber likes this.
  3. Caesar

Caesar Member

Also needs to be noted that i don't think it matters how bad these uniforms are because chances are you're going to see the Rockets wear the black jerseys every single home game and since there aren't too many other teams that can go black at home, you might see the blacks on the road a ton as well. The players have the choice at home so i think everyone agrees Harden and CP3 and any player would want the black jerseys.

As far as away games, I could see the Bulls doing black now and then at home, i could see the Raptors doing it, i can see Phoenix doing it if they still have black in their new uniforms(yet to be revealed). Nets of course can wear black at home. CAVS possibly. Magic. Spurs and Blazers possibly. Other than against those teams, i can see us wear the blacks at every away game as well since it doesn't clash with any other colors. Even against the teams mentioned above who might by chance go black at home against us, we could just choose the community/classic uniform and wear a jersey yet to be revealed like a red and yellow 'Clutch City' uniform or we might be one of the 8 teams who gets a retro uniform in the fall.

4. Caesar

Caesar Member

Gotta make the waistband white. I'm curious to see if those cut off sleeve outlines will remain for the Knicks with Nike. Since it was an Adidas thing, i doubt it. I expect the full outline.

5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Please!!!!!

swyyyguy likes this.
  6. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

No, you have to hire a design firm to start a rebranding. It takes at least a year from mock ups, to feedback, redos, and testing until a quality design is ready, then you take it to the NBA and its apparel partner in this case Nike for final design and approval. Altogether the process should take 2 years.

What Ballmer did was skip the first part of back and forth with the firm and just rolled with the first mock up design with no feedback and no focus group testing. The final design was rushed in under a year hence the terrible quality.

Now, the Rockets new ownership could technically do the same, but it would be a similar rush job with poor quality, which is against the point here.

7. Caesar

Caesar Member

If they just wanted something simple that resembled the 90s championship uniforms, there's not much to mess up. But, yeah, it's not a biggie. We've waited this long. This season is fine, but i need a new Banana Boat Brand by next summer. If the team is sold soon, the new ownership will probably send in to the league their 1 year notice for a rebrand. This year is going to be nothing but black uniforms at home and away anyway IMO. I can deal with that.

tazafar and Pen15clubber like this.
  8. onreego

onreego Member

In regards to what I said earlier. Sh!tty photoshop job but yeah.

Also did I make the Nike logo big enough? Maybe not...

[​IMG]

9. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

You have got to be kidding me. WHO IS RUNNING OUR UNIFORM DEPARTMENT!?!?

-side panel is awful (what are we ,the rockets or the raptors?)
    -collar looks weird now without the shoulder stripes
    -same ****ing pacers number font, is it that hard to go back to the old numbers?? (look at the 13 in my avatar and compare to harden 13)
    -the stripes on the shorts look silly where they meet the cut in the nike shorts

how did they make these worse?!?!? everything clashes for me

#109 WhoMikeJames, Jul 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    macho GRANDE likes this.
  10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Truth. And I speak as a fan that was there cheering on those championship teams.

jacoby likes this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I hate to be "that guy" but Harden looks fatter in the new uniform. Taking away the vertical "ring" design elements makes the front look barren and emphasizes Harden's barrel torso. The "Rockets" font should be bigger or perhaps curved to give more verticality to the jersey.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  12. rockets13champs

Smh Nike screwing Adidas teams

13. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

14. OTMax

OTMax Member

Looks better, don't know what people are complaining about. The shoulders, the neck and the armpits all improved as are the 3 main changes Nike made. However, this was the time to changes those 2 stripes under the armpit or at least make it better, be creative but they just cut them off hahaha

Yung-T likes this.
  15. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

They are worse... how did they get worse...

[​IMG]

BigMaloe, jacoby, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  16. hvic

hvic Member

Yeah I noticed that too and probably from all the off season partying. I was hoping he would play in the drew leagues this year.

17. rockets > *

rockets > * Member

deleted.

True Rocket likes this.
  18. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Super late

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

My point was more related to how the new "cut/design" of the uniform lays on Harden. I am not saying "Harden got fat over the summer."

20. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Because it makes no sense to cut those stripes off like that. It doesn't match the style in the shoulders at all. I actually like the shoulders better but it doesn't work.

macho GRANDE likes this.