1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Uniform Changes

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 18, 2017.

1. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Having both the ad patch and that big ass nike check just looks terrible. Ah well, nice clean NBA jerseys had a good run I suppose.

2. OTMax

OTMax Member

Looks like Nike will tone down the colours, the shine (which is a great move) and make them tighter / neat. The away one looks hideous, the home one is okay.

3. OTMax

OTMax Member

It's basically mix and match as I originally understood it, but it's weird they claim home teams pick the jerseys they want to wear. This is basically the same system that was already in place, they are just not calling them home and away..

4. onreego

onreego Member

The size of the Nike logo is obnoxious.

5. Caesar

Caesar Member

Weren't they only allowed to wear an alternate or retro or the road at home a certain amount of times though? Now its free reign to just wear the black jerseys every single home game + road games if they want to. At least, that's how i understand it.

6. OTMax

OTMax Member

That could be the difference yes, though I believe the league created that restriction, not Adidas so maybe Nike insisted on total freedom.

Caesar likes this.
  7. fadeawayjae

fadeawayjae Member

Fingers crossed Rockets unveil a New Jersey.

8. malakas

malakas Member

The Kings one were much better with Adidas. The colours now look washed up , the grey strip is awful in my eyes and the side cuts I don't like.

9. CCR53

CCR53 New Member

Didn't see these posted, so thought I'd contribute. Not Nike official. Made by user iambrianbegley on Instagram. Thought they didn't look half bad (though I don't want the pajama jerseys back)

[​IMG]

10. lionaire

lionaire Member

Love this idea. I want the black jersey's for all home games and hopefully a better version of the ketchup and mustard joints.

11. OTMax

OTMax Member

Let's pray Nike forced the Rockets to make the font of the letters match the numbers. How that got Adidas and League approval is beyond me.

12. rockets13champs

New Jersey is a state

red5rocket, jnuge90 and CCR53 like this.
  13. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

Make the "Houston" on the Red's white and I'm cool. Yellow's are a bit much

macho GRANDE likes this.
  14. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

I'm digging this new look. Old school classic meets practical modern.

A few suggestions:

1. Red uniform should have white trim instead of yellow to keep it classic and the inverse of the home white set. That's why you have third yellow uniform with the coveted ketchup & mustard -- to spice things up.

2. I don't like the black uniform. It's basically the grey sleeved jersey design, but now in black. Please keep the red and black combination -- it's my favorite design and no wonder why Harden wore it the most last season.

3. The pajama-dildo uniform is nicely done here with the thicker stripes and a darker blue. Still I would avoid that logo and go with wordmark Rockets or Houston instead.

Overall, excellent design choices.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  15. Caesar

Caesar Member

I'm sorry but those concepts are hideous. Scrap it all. I keep saying how no one got the memo that fans wanting our red and yellow look weren't asking to be McDonald's team. Yellow needs to be used as a highlight color only, but whoever created our alternates through the years and a lot of concepts keeping going way overkill with the yellow and it looks horrible and tacky.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These uniforms were timeless beauties b/c they balanced the color scheme just right. Now, you see these jerseys that use way too much yellow or just the wrong balance of color and then you've got players that wear solid yellow shoes and yellow arm sleeves and black leg sleeves and the entire look is ruined and you get what looks like a bunch of clowns running around dribbling a basketball.

Of course you can update the word font and the number font and the logo and i'd even play around with different shades of yellow/gold and different shades of red as well, but the structure of the look should remain very, very simple. Having our wordmark on the away shorts and the logo on the home shorts was very unique to us as well.

16. engr chris

engr chris Member

Does this mean that we, the fans, get to choose the design for the community edition?

17. dream2franchise

Looks like the Rockets one is getting some tweaks. Not the silver trim reduced 'V's

Caesar likes this.
  18. Caesar

Caesar Member

Would look much better if they just remove the grey sleeve outline on the arms altogether and just kept the neck only.

19. dream2franchise

I'm going to reserve judgement until we get some better quality pics. I imagine every jersey in the league will have that thick binding on the sleeve as it forms the base of the jersey.

Could've just left it red though.

I wonder how far they'll push the template. The dubs jersey has been stripped back a little. I wonder how they treat the Bulls and Celtics jerseys especially.

Caesar likes this.
  20. PatBev

PatBev Member

I like them and I'd bet theyll do a lot more in sells

They look more like casual tank tops with the thin shoulder. I bet they sell a lot more and people start to wear more jerseys