1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Possible Future Owners of Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

What if this is all a ploy to entice free agents? The media will say how awesome Les is as an owner then he will change his mind and tell people the team is not for sale. :cool:

Stormy1234 likes this.
  2. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

Jay-Z cannot own any major sports team he has a sports agency. This is why he had to give up the small percentage of the Nets he once owned.

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

#223 ipaman, Jul 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I'd take DD. A track record of two decades isn't something to sneer at. Bballholic needs to pay his due for another 10 years or so.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

6. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Tillman is the ideal choice. He will be able to use advertising on his empire on jerseys and in arena. We spend loads of money on his hotels and restaurants, in rewards, we get Rockets tickets.

7. brosef

brosef Member

An investment team- Run by Lebron, CP, Wade, Melo, Harden

studogg likes this.
  8. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Let's make history.
    Can we make the rockets the first professional sports team funded by kickstarter or gofundme?

Williamson and snowconeman22 like this.
  9. CCorn

CCorn Member

For $100 you can be Hardens personal defense coach!

10. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I would like to put in an early gif request to @Rodman23 of Will Smith from Fresh Prince wearing a Rockets jersey (or the Rockets logo as his head) going "how come he don't want me?" and whoever the new owner's face on Uncle Phil hugging him.

This is how I feel, abandoned by Les.

Rodman23 likes this.
  11. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

[​IMG]

12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

A team of Yao, Hakeem and some Chinese backers would be alright with me.

13. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

Hate seeing him go, great owner great franchise he's not cheap like people said and always trying to do the best and better for the franchise

I love the Dell guy :)

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

They are gonna rename the team to be the Houston Banana Boat.

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Mattress Mac would be back to sniffing coke and travelling to schools talking about 'the monkey on his back' if he stretched himself out to buy the team. Kind of like the "that's a fact jack" guy and his brief team sponsorship.

If it takes all your money and your friends money to do something then don't do it. It will be a sick version of Jackie Moon and the Flint Tropics.

16. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Would love to see that. He doesn't have the cash to make an outright purchase like Balmer did with the Clips but he could put together a consortium of well heeled investors for certain.

17. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

Seems unlikely even all of those folks put together would have the liquidity to buy the team. Ferttita is probably the only one who has any real liquidity and he doesn't seem to have much. He'd probably need to have at least $700M free for a $2B purchase. I doubt he could even get $100M in share from those 3 minority owners, let alone much cash.

18. Clutchcity83

Clutchcity83 Member

Post on Jim McIngvale facebook

Jim Mcingvale
    Like all proud Houstonians, I am hopeful that our great Houston Rockets will stay in Houston! I will work with other Houston business leaders to discuss the possibility of purchasing the Houston Rockets, so they will stay in our great city of Houston, TX! What's your favorite Houston Rockets memory? God bless, and I hope you'll come see us at Gallery Furniture today!

19. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

We only need roughly half the population of the Earth to donate a dollar.

chievous minniefield likes this.
  20. Raven

Raven Member

Yao would be the face of new ownership, but the real power might be his backer or backers. Still, it's an intriguing thought, isn't it? Fans love Yao, The media loves Yao, the NBA would swoon at the idea of Yao buying the team, and also important - players respect Yao. In many ways, it seems almost too perfect a fit.