1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What are the spurs doing?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Jul 15, 2017.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Pau would look good on the Rox, a tad slower than in his youth but still.

No Chance and don grahamleone like this.
  2. Rox11

Rox11 Member

You guys forget Rudy? Top 2 seed confirmed

3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

The Spurs will far their way to another 55 win season but their roster isn't close to where it needs to be to win a chip.

4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

If Rudy Gay is ever going to show the world he's on Durant's level, it better be now. The Spurs need it. That said, I just can't bet against the Spurs. I've basically thought they were going to fall off every year for like 8 years and they never do.

5. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

They still will win 50 games, but lose in second round. You heard it here first.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Don't most teams do that with RFAa? They say go get an offer and we'll discuss matching it. That's what Morey would have done, for sure.

Also, Woj reported SAS was negotiating with him after rescinding the QO. Not sure how accurate that was, maybe for rest of day they still kept his Early Bird Rights, and discussed using for a brief conversation.

#46 heypartner, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Also, I talked to one of my friend's from San Antonio last night. She's a Spurs diehard. She's worried they won't win 50 this year.

napalm06 likes this.
  8. jbasket

jbasket Member

2nd round fodder at best.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  9. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Simmons is a bum and wildly overrated. Dedmon didn't have a lot of value for them in the post-season.

Spurs will Spur and be fine. Another 50+ win season, and as of right now, probably the 4th seed at worst.

Murray's gonna get a lot better, Forbes has been better than what I thought he would be (was mainly just a shooter in college but seems he has added some ball handling to his skillset but we'll see vs real competition). That's your TP and DG replacements right there, haha. Would love to see them strike out in free agency next year though. How long does Pop plan on coaching? I've always wanted to see what teams like the Spurs and Pats would be like without the GOAT coaches.

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

When "dropping off drastically" means going all the way down to the 5th seed, you know the Spurs aren't in major trouble.

11. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

Don't sleep on the Lavergne (sp?) signing. He has shown some amazing flashes in short stints while he was in Denver. He didn't really get the chance when he was moved out.

Looking at how weak the Spurs centers have been for a long time, he has the chance to be their best center since D-Rob (assuming Duncan to be a PF, not C). Who's the next best since then? Nesterovic? Splitter?

12. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

[​IMG]

13. hvic

hvic Member

I hate the spurs but every year they just be chilling like a villain

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

He's OK, and can have some nice games. Lauvergne is another one of those sturdy players who makes you wonder why so many people on CFnet think DMo was so unique. DMo will be lucky to ever be considered as good as Lauvergne, again.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Splitter and Diaw harmonized very well with Duncan in 2013, 2014. I would say they view Splitter as one of their top Centers in recent years in terms of synergy with Duncan.

Nesterovic was solid. They had other guys like Oberto and old McDyess.

I think the Center position for them was their 5th important spot and nothing more.

16. verysimplejason

Spurs roster always surprises me. Their FO always find hidden treasures like nobody else...

17. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Don't know and don't care. I unfortunately live in SA now and I did not know how classless arrogant and filthy their fans are.

The organization has a class aura and their fans are the complete opposite.

Poppovich is a hypocrite piece of trash as well. Kawhi is the only reason I respect this team on the court.

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

I would be shocked if Lauvergne is going to be their starting center, his defense is terrible, i'd say definitely worse than Lee, which tells you enough.

19. Bruce Bowen

Bruce Bowen Member

what did the spurs fans do to make them classless and filthy... just curious

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member