1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How will James Harden react the first time Chris Paul yells at him?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jul 14, 2017.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yup. Harden has never done anything productive after any sort of negative outcome. Never once!

2. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I mean look - as good as James is on the court, he isn't the strong locker room presence that we needed. If Paul can step into that role and still acknowledge James is the team's prize fighter, then everyone wins - James gets to focus on what he does best, Paul doesn't have as much pressure to be the playmaker as he ages and he can focus on what he does best, and the team gets a clearer pecking order and more defined roles. It's not "all of us have to do the same things on the court" like last year - it's "here is my role on this team, here is James' role, here is Chris' role, etc". That would be huge because it would allow accountability without hipocracy. You can't preach defense to the team only to turn a blind eye to James - you have to be able to say, James has a responsibility to communicate defensively, but if people blow by him, you can't hold his feet to the fire because that's just not his role on the team.

MorningZippo likes this.
  3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

he won't yell at Harden, it will be passive agressive, and Harden will be even more passive agressive and stop trying

Cash Cam likes this.
  4. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

JH is married?

5. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Nah CP does lol :)

Cash Cam likes this.
  6. Mr. Dominant

BREAKING: The Rockets have announced that longtime owner Leslie Alexander is putting the Houston Rockets up for sale.

Team CEO Tad Brown said Alexander would like to have more time for other pursuits.

“It can wear on you after decades. He’s tired,” says Brown of Alexander.

Brown will be “running the point” on finding a buyer, but it’s a big shock since Alexander has owned the team since 1993. He just extended the contracts of general manager Daryl Morey, superstar James Harden and added Chris Paul. The plan is to try to add Carmelo Anthony as well.

“It’s been my great joy and honor to own the Houston Rockets for the past 24 years,” said Alexander. “I’ve had the incredible opportunity to witness true greatness through the players and coaches who have won championships for the city, been named to All-Star and All-NBA teams, enshrined in the Basketball Hall of Fame, and done so much for our franchise and our fans.”

“The Houston community has been home to me; I will continue to support the charities I have made commitments to throughout the years. I’ll always have a special place in my heart for the fans, partners, city officials and employees who care so deeply for this team. I’ve made this decision after much deliberation with my family and friends, and do so knowing the franchise is in great shape with the players, coaches and management team in place.”

Certainly from a franchise value standpoint, the Rockets’ value has soared over the last decade. Alexander bought the team for $85 million in 1993. Forbes recently ranked the Rockets as the 8th most valued franchise in the NBA, estimating its worth at $1.65 billion. Given that there are only 30 of these, the team will likely sell for more than that. Alexander may see this as a good time to maximize the value of his investment.

Alexander has been a terrific owner, largely unappreciated. He has always thought big, chasing superstars every season. While making sure he’s involved, he largely stays behind the scenes and lets his basketball people go to work. You never saw his ego get involved in battles with Mark Cuban or others.

To expect that in a new owner, one who will pay likely over $2,000,000,000, is probably expecting too much. Changes are coming.

7. Mr. Dominant

Thanks for being by our side for 24 years. Kudos for sticking with us!

saleem likes this.
  8. s3ts

s3ts Member

ionno who was yellin at who, but i found this on a Oprah Sideverson vid.

just leaving it here, don't gimme hate for posting it. it doesn't mean much, i know, i saw Harden yelling at CP before too and we were winning, and i'm totally fine w that. i'm jus reporting the fkin thing

9. MghtyPtrck

MghtyPtrck Member

you'd make a horrible reporter, reporting old ass news

Jontro, ghettocheeze and ReignSupreme like this.
  10. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

Clip is from a Rockets home game so clearly they got their game going after that.

11. s3ts

s3ts Member

obviously i ain't one, you negative piece of s***

MghtyPtrck likes this.
  12. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Bruh this happens 2/3 times a game when you hoop. It’s nothing, there’s always disagreements and frustrations on the court.

13. s3ts

s3ts Member

I know, i said that....

14. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

People that don’t get along off the court show it during the game. So I doubt that clip means anything but what they were going thru during the game they didn’t want to lose the lead and give any hope to the jazz because if they did they could have lost the game that they had in the bag.
    Cp3 was probably going about the easy lay ups Harden gave a couple times in the Utah run. And not getting back on defense and

Harden was like anyone would be if someone got on u about something wrong u did. ;p he got very defensive about it. But he knew he wasn’t doing his job he got better and they have moved on from that convo and are focusing on the next game.

Beardaholic13 and Hakeemtheking like this.