1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey / Jerome Solomon Twitter

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RasaqBoi, Jul 17, 2017.

1. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

A local sports journalist shouldn't engage in schadenfreude and juvenilism by mocking fans celebrating their team's efforts to compete for a ring. It's just poor of character. It's not being a bearer of a hard truth or smart. It's just sh-tty.

Solomon was the guy as a guest host on Sports 790 who had J Adande on who was saying Howard's terrible year was Harden's fault AND Ty Lawson's terrible year was Harden's fault. Rather than counter argue with "We'll that's the biggest pile of horse s--t I've ever heard", he was relishing it like "Yes! Here, I pass to you the troll megaphone!"

Solomon is a big bucket of buttholes. Why Chronicle gives him a check every 2 weeks is probably the same reason why I never read the Chronicle anymore and it has a less of a future than Blu Ray discs.

----

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

----

#41 cdrive, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Right. I have no problem with reporters who give "hard truths."

There's a difference between being the hard truth teller and being the guy who seizes the opportunity to attack. I remember the Astros had a reporter like 2-3 years ago who ravaged the organization, constantly attacking Jim Crane and at every turn he took the opportunity to snipe at their decisions. Everything they did was proof of how amateur they were, how cheap they were and how they'd never win anything.

Look at them today.

Remlap and AroundTheWorld like this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Why is Morey giving him the attention?

Too thin skinned, needs to let crap like this go.

DD

CometsWin and AroundTheWorld like this.
  4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

When you're a grown-ass man having to resort to being a professional troll for a paycheck, I don't think you have the right to talk **** about anyone. Besides, when was the last time you won a Pulitzer, Jerome?? If you're going to hold the Rockets to such standards, then I'm going to hold YOU to the same standards.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Here's what I don't like about Jerome Solomon.

He thinks every sentence is a paragraph.

I suppose he does this so his blogs appear to be longer than they actually are.

But the only effect it actually has is it makes me feel dumb for ever having clicked a link next to his clueless face.

He's our resident hot-taker and I guess that's a thing you have to have, but I'm not a fan of it.

And frankly, I don't know if anyone is.

6. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Jerome trying to hard be Stephen A. Smith. He can't even muster enough to be on that guys level. What a putz.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  7. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Somebody's gotta protect the brand. Houston is a big city. Lots of fair weather fans that could be converted one way or the other. Houston sports already gets portrayed poorly in the national media. Can't have local media doing the same.

In fact, I applaud Morey for sticking up for the organization. He even does this to national media. As hardcore fans, we could care less about media narratives. We're knowledgeable enough to know better. But the vast majority of fans in general are heavily influenced by the crap that's out there. Take care of the brand.

Remlap and FLASH21 like this.
  8. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

Solomon is not worth the time. Ignore him and one day he will finally go away for good.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Meh, I don't think either of them move the needle much.

Most of us know the team has been stuck in non compete land for too long.....

We were not a competitor last year either.....and this year....is still at best a long shot......

Nothing wrong with the media pointing that out...

DD

10. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

As an organization, the goal is to have your team portrayed positively by media to win over fans. On a general level, the Rockets have added a HOF point guard. That's an opportunity for a plus article or headline. Instead, the local guy decided to clown not only the organization, but the fans that attended the CP3 intro as well.

Regardless of how the much the needle is moved, you have to stop the pessimists in the media on every level. Especially local. Doesn't make sense that the local media creates an agenda against the team. Why would the Rockets want fans not caring about them this early and after a huge move? That's why Morey is upset and vocal about it. But judging by the pessimism in your post, I can see how you understand Solomon's point of view.

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Nothing wrong with the media pointing out every single day that the only two horses in the race are in Cleveland and California?

You know damn well that if it's not LA, LeBron, NY, the Cowboys, or Tom Brady based the turds at ESPN could give two sh**s about how much improvement we've made.

Hope is what you're destroying when these a-holes get on a mic and start spewing garbage like this... which I'm not surprised you're ok with.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  12. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

Damn... Yall are some racists ;)

CometsWin likes this.
  13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

You don't understand the value of perception to a brand? Don't you own (or used to own) your own business??

The Rockets have done A TON of positive things over the last year to repair their damaged reputation after the Dwight Era, and instead of lauding them for taking huge steps in the right direction, you're denigrating them for not being as good as the greatest team ever assembled in sports? What's the point of being a fan if that's how you feel?? Nobody is forcing you to root for the team.

clutch citizen likes this.
  14. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I guess I get his point, but what's to lose by getting fans more involved and making an event out of acquiring a star player?

The fans showed up, that's all that matters.

It's not like they put a statue out of CP3 out front.

15. Remlap

Remlap Member

WCF just a couple of short years ago is 'too long'? #3 in the Western Conf is not good enough?
    We're supposed to go to Finals every year?
    Every team is having to play second fiddle right now to an NBA Juggernaut (GSW), but you gotta give credit where it's due. Morey is trying.

That statement by that hack of a sportswriter was nothing more than a cheap shot. ESPECIALLY being a home town writer.
    Nothing wrong with second guessing a trade or draft and critique it. But to simply throw water on the organization as a whole,
    that guy should be run out of town. (he can take you with him)

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

You can earn 5 likes per day.

17. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Except that isn't what jeromie is doing here.

He is pissing on the organization and the fans for celebrating an acquisition that is viewed as a big deal to just about everyone that knows jack about the NBA and then acts very gleeful because he managed to pissoff the fans.

There IS a difference, you know that, I know that.

I get it, you like to consider yourself a voice of reason and you think it is fine to piss on the team when they don't do what you want and call it "objective truth".

This is not one of those times

roslolian and FLASH21 like this.
  18. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Sounds kind of like our NY President, attack everything.

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

jerome solomon is a piece of shhit

Pen15clubber likes this.
  20. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

soft rockets need to make something happen