1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey / Jerome Solomon Twitter

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RasaqBoi, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

And the Chron actually let go of Richard Justice for this guy to replace him?

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

"Dude" is supposed to be a journalist/writer. If all he is gonna do is say stupid/obvious stuff then why do we even need writers? I can type "Rox ain't got rings in 22 years, its all Mauri's fault even though he's only been working for 10 years" on twitter all day, Chron should hire me I'll work part time for 50% of this dude's pay.

As for motivation, motivation only means something when it is said by somebody important to you. When nonames like this dude says stuff like these it just sounds like hot air and haterade.

3. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Btw it always annoys me when ppl say things like "it's been 22 years" there are 30 teams in the league. So all things being equal an average amount of time to wait would be 30 years!

4. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    Am I the only one....

(P.S) Just joking! Do not take seriously...o_O

DonKnock likes this.
  5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Solomons whole schtick is to be a cynic and snipe at be local organizations.

It's easy schtick we have plenty of them here at clutchfans. Odds for almost every team in every league is that they won't win a title in a given year or over an extended period of time unless you are in specific markets. That reality makes the hateful cynic the easy way to be right more often than not.

How man times to bbs trolls here to get to drop an I told you so? The basic game is this:
    -lay out an aggressive trolling attack
    -set up the scenario of "unless you win a ring I'm right"
    -profit

This is why so many jerk personalities thrive in the "ringz" argument. It gives them power to win the arguments they create without actually having intelligent discussions.

6. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Jerome is clearly salty that 1. He will always be second if not third or worse fiddle in the Jerome orchestra to The Bus. And 2. That Potato Head came through and crushed the buildings sealing his irrelevance permanently.

Which one is rearing its ugly head here we will most likely never know.

BamBam likes this.
  7. justtxyank

How to be a trolling a-hole 101:
    -Decide on something you don't think is going to happen (x)
    -Pick a player/GM/coach/etc that you don't like and set them as your target (y)
    -Say that as long as y is around, x will never happen

Examples:
    As long as Morey is the GM the Rockets won't win a championship
    No team with Luc Mbah a Moute on the roster will beat the Warriors

The constant is always that the end result is always an extremely high standard that is unlikely to be met no matter whether you replace the target with someone else or not.

"Can't win a title with James Harden"

All you can hope for when you are a fan in these situations is that X actually does happen so the person will shut up. However, before you get excited, remember that trolls are often professionals. They've spent a lot of time developing the A-hole. Lots of training. So just know that when X does happen, the goal posts will move.

Example:
    Barkley: No jump shooting team will win a championship. (Referring specifically to the Warriors.)
    Warriors win the title.
    Next year they lose in the finals to Cleveland.
    SEE I TOLD YOU SO! FIRST TIME WAS A FLUKE!

8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Jerome Solomon comes across as a dumbass. Wasn't he friends with pgabriel or something?

CometsWin, BigMaloe and Nook like this.
  9. blackistan

blackistan Member

Seriously did he say something wrong lol.

10. justtxyank

Oh man that would make so much sense. (No offense Jerome)

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

[​IMG]

This dude has always had a hard on for Morey. Just can't seem to get enough.

12. justtxyank

It's not even about being wrong or right, it's about his shtick being to attack everything.

Houstonians won't get this probably, but Mike Lupica is this way. It's extremely common in NY, seems like half of the reporters are like this.

Melo is a great example.
    -Attack the Knicks for trading for him
    -Attack the Knicks for re-signing him
    -Attack the Knicks for not trading for him
    -Once the Knicks DO trade him, attack them for that

13. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

The "he's not wrong" responses are killing me.

Of course he's not wrong. That's the entire point. No one is upset with the segment because it's factually incorrect in Houston about not having won an NBA title in 22 years. People are upset because there are so many more substantive issues surrounding the team today that can and should be discussed, particularly by journalists with access.

Imagine if a weatherman took a victory lap on the 10 p.m. newscast after saying it wouldn't rain in Houston that day, and ultimately being correct. Well, 260 days out of 365 each year pass in Houston (on average) without precipitation. That's not really news. The news is the short-term atmospheric trends (and the factors causing them) that lead to certain weather patterns and probabilities.

The problem is that the entire segment feels disingenuous. Framing it as right vs. wrong, and then acting like human beings are incapable of multiple trains of thought — in other words, "if you're upset at me for this tweet, then you're letting the Rockets off the hook for whatever."

Media commentary should be better than that, and the idea that "he's not wrong" gives him a pass is completely missing the point.

Zergling, Fyreball, BigMaloe and 7 others like this.
  14. onreego

onreego Member

I see Jerome is taking the Skip Bayless approach to getting people's attention aka trolling.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  15. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I actually saw that segment last night, and the reason why people are pissed is because you could see how happy he was to have riled up the fanbase.

It's one thing to talk about how/what the team needs to do to get to the ring, it's quiet another to just taunt the fanbase because their team hasn't managed to win one in some time and be happy when they respond negatively. I mean, this started out with him making fun of fans being happy about a big signing for christs sake. What purpose is served here other than Jerome getting his jollies trolling us?

The point is not about the team any more, it is Jerome intentionally saying things he knows will draw a reaction and being so pleased with himself when it works.

We get enough of that **** online, we don't need our so-called reporters trolling us for giggles.

TheresTheDagger, BMoney, adw and 9 others like this.
  16. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL I remember some posters saying Harden should stop being a pg if we don't win a ring last year. Good stuff.

17. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

This.

JS is a hack and must resort to attention-seeking behavior (trolling) to feel relevant.

The real issue here is the Chronicle has long stood by and even rewarded his lame shtick in hopes of generating cheap click bait. It's a wonder why no self-respecting consumer reads that tabloid rag.

Morey is just having fun, but he should really stop feeding this bum and make him earn his media credentials.

adw and AroundTheWorld like this.
  18. justtxyank

Exactly. I HATE journalism like this. It is cheap, lazy journalism. Honestly there is nothing worse than writers who take victory laps about team's failures or misses. I'm serious. They seem themselves as in competition with the team's success because they've created this character. It generates interest around their articles and when the team doesn't win or whatever goal they miss happens, the writer gets to declare victory and all his little trolls beat their chests.

It's seriously the same as the internet BBS members who proudly declares that the Rockets will not win the 2017 NBA championship if they have a loser like Mbah a Moute on the roster. They probably AREN'T going to win a title, but not winning will have NOTHING to do with Mbah a Moute. Internet idiots do crap like this all the time. Solomon is THAT guy. He's done this same article before, trashing a local team for having a "victory parade" over something when they haven't won a title. YAWN.

BigMaloe and AroundTheWorld like this.
  19. Remlap

Remlap Member

This is a hometown sportswriter? Sounds like a boycott of the Chron is in order.
    Send enough angry emails to their editor and they may run that guy out of town.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  20. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member