1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Seven

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 12, 2016.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Might be old habit.

Yessss. GOT back again.....that's what I was talking about. Love it.

#161 daywalker02, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

So Arya can change her height as a faceless man? I doubt shes as tall as Walder Frey. Was she on a stool or something?

3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

She is and needs to be nerfed.

4. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Nah she's fine. Just a little tweek to her mana reserves and Many-Faced God Ring.

5. 713

713 Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Strong premiere, glad they kept Dany's arrival for the last little bit instead of starting with it......

7. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Actually the entire season was leaked on Reddit. First episode, in terms of major story arch was right on. I knew I shouldn't have but the temptation......

DreamShook likes this.
  8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Danys story line is so f'n lame. Can't stand her ass. Smug ass b****. She reminds me of the GS Warriors. We get it...you lucked into some dragons and used your hottness to secure some armies. Still hoping one of her stupid dragons eats her.

Creepy Crawl likes this.
  9. The Stig

The Stig Member

I took that scene as a morality check on Arya and whether or not she still believes that her current killing spree is still justified. I think her actions against the Freys are justified but everyone from here on out might not be. A moment of hesitation could be her downfall.

Am I suppose to spoiler tag speculation? I'm making guesses here without any knowledge.

MoonBus, London'sBurning and GRENDEL like this.
  10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Emilia Clarke used her hottness and lucked her role into Daenerys Targaryen and completely ruined the character. She is a terrible actress. But a hottie never the less.

R0ckets03 likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I dun think she is overpowered though....

sure she has become quite an assassin and much stronger than in the beginning of her journey but I think she

can be managed by a group or at least 3 assassins of her own rank.

The thing is nobody sees her coming and most folks just view her as an innocent teenage girl.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

She is damn cute and has made Daenerys a semi dwarfess.

I think if Cersei's actress Lena Headey had taken over the role of Daenerys, that would be very interesting.

bluffkin likes this.
  13. R0ckets03

Are Bran and Arya ever going to reunite with Jon and Sansa I wonder?

Jon telling Sansa that it almost sounds like she admires Cersie is spot on. Sansa has come a long long way from the innocent little blond she was in the first season. GOT has done a great job of developing all characters. The only one that is pretty much the same for the past few years is of course Danerys. Couple that with how horrible an actress Emilia Clarke is and no wonder I cant stand her scenes.

14. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

or

a dragon

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Goodness, this is almost vitriol.

She isn't a horrible actress. Apparently she's supposed to be somewhat stoic. But, no, she didn't exactly merit that Emmy nomination a year or two back. (Or maybe when I say she isn't horrible I'm mixing up the effect of her nude scenes, like I thought "Blurred Lines" was a decent song, but who wouldn't when the Emily Rata-whatever was running around nekkid in the music video)?

This episode was pretty good, especially for an Episode 1, where it's usually, "And now let's see what our characters are doing since last season." With only seven episodes to work with, albeit with two of those episodes being 71 and 81 minutes, they have to telescope the storyline. No farting around now.

heypartner likes this.
  16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

It almost doesn't feel like GRRM story. No major character getting killed? Pretty standard narrative. What happened to your main starred getting killed in the first season?

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Wait ... just remembered. Isn't Nymeria still alive? What if this powered-up Arya gets teamed up with her direwolf, again?

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Just like Better Call Saul where we have to put up with the weekly whining about how the show is too slow, every year we have to wade through the "Emily Clarke" sux posts. These posts are worse than what you're trying to vent about.

:p

crash5179 and daywalker02 like this.
  19. R0ckets03

I have no complaints about the episode. HBO resisted (though not fully) a panoramic scan of Danny and her stoopid dragons flying and closing out the episode with some sappy music. Is she suppose to be somewhat stoic or is that pretty much all she can do? The other actors in the show put her to shame.

20. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I’ve never been terribly bothered by Clarke and I don’t think she’s a terrible actress. Her character is what it is though and I think that’s what bothers people, almost one note after she’s gained power.

Tamzin Merchant was the original actress for Dany in the original pilot. She’d previously been in The Tudors, which the wife and I watched and we couldn’t stand her as an actress. So I think it could have been worse IMO….

[​IMG]

daywalker02 likes this.