1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmelo Anthony expecting Knicks to resume trade talks, sources say

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by don grahamleone, Jul 15, 2017.

1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

PRobably already posted everywhere, but Van Gundy on Carmelo with Rockets

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Is there a cliff notes version?

Jontro and malakas like this.
  3. Fantasma Negro

4. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I had a dream that this chubby clown was running scared from me in the mountains and his clumsy ass fell off a cliff due to his own lack of dexterity.

Didn't survive of course.

Potato Head >>> Fraudric Clownigan
    Aka @DrexlerFan

#944 DonKnock, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    No Chance likes this.
  5. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

I don't see how our offensive could be worse? Anderson was just a spot up shooter at the perimeter. Melo is can have the exact same role, but also create if nothing is there, Anderson could not create at all.

But then again, this is JVG talking about offense. :eek:

6. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

so the knicks GM is being introduced today (does anyone know what time) Also read where he will be very open on questions. Maybe he will shed some light (although i doubt he would say much on the Melo front)

7. No Chill Rocket

Good morning guys.

[​IMG]

#947 No Chill Rocket, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Was debating something with a friend the other day. I'd always been of the opinion that we are second best offense, and that we will struggle to change that, therefore we should focus on defensive improvement more than anything else seeing as we can improve a ton on our ranking of 18th defensively.

But I wasn't really looking at the numbers from the big picture perspective. Rankings are not absolute. There isn't a maximum that the top ranked team can achieve. Meaning, there is a difference between the Warriors being just the best offense in the league vs being the best offense of all time. Likewise, we might remain offensively second but the gap between our offense and the Warriors offense matters. We could be a distant second, or a whisker away from being as good as them. This is particularly important given just how historically good the Warriors are offensively. We were, by some measures, the 10th best offense of all time yet finished second.

So while I still maintain that we can make our biggest gains on the defensive side, I don't find it unimportant how much we improve offensively. With MDA at the helm, we could conceivably outperform the Warriors offense with slightly lesser offensive players. And just as Harden became an amazing PG under MDA, it's possible Chris Paul can stretch out his scoring numbers to rival those of Curry's. More relevant to this thread, the difference between Melo and Anderson last season was not that great, and Melo has been atrocious in his last 2 playoff series. But in this offense, it can change, if Melo is willing.

JVG makes a good point but closing that offensive gap is meaningful even if the rankings don't nominally change. And we could be better than the Warriors, and I don't expect JVG to be able to see that, just like many didn't see we could be an insane offensive team with Anderson and Gordon as our 2nd and 3rd leading scorers. It's also an important psychological edge. If the Warriors find themselves being 2nd best offense despite having 2 all-time prolific scorers, it will put an important dent in that armor. They will then HAVE to keep being excellent defensively - and they weren't a historically good defensive team. The Spurs were a better defensive team, despite trotting out old man Parker and revolving door Aldridge.

MDA invented what the Warriors are running. From a tactical perspective, I take MDA over Kerr any day. If MDA can manage these players psychologically, he could give us the edge over Kerr and that might be enough. Even after Melo, there will be more buyout candidates willing to come here. One more thing I'm keeping my eye on is Melo's fitness. It's almost become a joke to the Knicks fan base how often he is claimed to be in the best shape of his career entering training camp. But if he can actually do it this summer.... If he can actually come to camp fit, strong, full of energy. Man.

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

To be fair, you never mentioned Damian Lillard, although I still say Melo won't go to Portland. They have muddied the waters with the NYC front office, but they probably don't have much to offer that NY wants; they just aren't in the mood to help us.

Maybe the Night's King grabbed him by the arm and broke the magical seal protecting the One-Eyed Raven's cave-tree?

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Our forum has become troll sisters with a forum that gets about 3 hits day, we've really fallen off, even if the gifs are pretty hilarious.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  11. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

12. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

I agree that Melo would never go to Portland, but how do u type multiple paragraphs about Portland and not even mention Lillard once? You only talked about CJ and Nurkic as if Dame isn't even on the roster.

DonKnock likes this.
  14. rockets13champs

Scott Perry taking his sweet ass time. He is making his press conference 1pm and he ain't working. This guy sleeping the whole morning and doing a presser later in the day and taking his sweet time to talk to Melo. Morey needs to give those assholes a timer

15. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

[​IMG]

16. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Yours truly!

17. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I wonder if this guy was on for ALL 12 years and if so... was he an extra?

I have no clue who tf this Zac Morris wanna be is... can someone help me figure this out? I NEED to know who he is, it's fu**in life or death man!

[​IMG]

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Lol, what's the app called? I was dying last night.

19. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Pen15clubber and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

[​IMG]
    did I just walk into....