1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmelo Anthony expecting Knicks to resume trade talks, sources say

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by don grahamleone, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Hahaha.

Definitely the first one.

I do regret it though!

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think all these trolls are Jeremy Lin Fans pretending to be trolls from other teams

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Except that they are trolls from wherever they are and you see them as Jerry Fans.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, no Portland fan would venture here to troll Clutchfans.
    There's no beef between the team fan bases.

We kicked out a crap load of LOFs and they are bitter. Those dogs are trying to climb the fence back in.

DonKnock likes this.
  5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

So I got a little curious about Bones because of the latest tv personality that posted here. I went to netflix because they have the show. Apparently our guest is so popular that netflix only bought the rights to season 5 thru 11. Our guest only appears in the last seconds of the last episode of season 11 and before season 5. WTF? How does that dude make money while not working and not even appearing on netflix for more than 10 seconds? Must be nice. I'm not going to act like my life sucks, but rolling in cash while making money off a rerun is well... what it is.

6. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Link?

7. leangle25

leangle25 Member

How Melo can fit in with the rockets

BigMaloe, DonKnock, Rochut and 3 others like this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

how is there 20 new pages of this thread since 9pm last night? is there anything at all there worth reading, anyone want to give a quick summary of the highlights? :D

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i still can't believe that saga ended with us paying LA a 1st round pick, just to get the guy off our books ...and most importantly ...to get his fans off our site. That was a steep price to pay. Ask me if it was worth it .....

Fcking A right it was worth it. Is it worth paying a high price to cure gonorrhea? Exactly.

10. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

We had famous people posting here last night, not as famous as us though. :cool:

11. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

No news
    We still on hold. NY called a time out. They want to see if they can get something better.
    Portland was never part of 3/4 deal they want Melo to go there instead.
    Potato head hasn't change his pinned tweet. Everyone says trade talks will resume this week.
    Melo and his camp weren't too happy about the hold on trade talks.

BHannes2BHonest and DonKnock like this.
  12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

While true, they won't be dumb about... plus he expires next year and has been a ... contributor, to a small extent. FIFY

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yep, I just read it all. that was, um, . . . interesting.

#933 Os Trigonum, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    DudeWah likes this.
  14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I hope Melo is still working out and getting into better shape. Going to take a while to get him fit and strong, but would be great if he's shedding fat for now.

15. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

Portland like damn we getting abused here and helping Houston as well

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The events that went on here last night were pitiful.

DudeWah likes this.
  17. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

You all need to grow up! C'mon -- if Clutchfans is the best fan site in the world, then how come we don't treat our guest with respect. You all trolling him are an embarrassment and cyber-bullies. It's OK to have fun, but you need to know when to stop. The GARM is so that we talk about Rockets basketball so take your junk elsewhere. The way I see it DrexlerFan is seriously talking basketball.

DudeWah and justtxyank like this.
  18. CCorn

CCorn Member

Wait... the Knicks give free courtside tickets to a dude that was in bones? That show blows. I call BS. Unless they're also giving away free courtside tickets to the people in breaking Amish.

DudeWah and DonKnock like this.
  19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Bones was a pretty big hit for fox for several years

20. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Portland fans:

There is zero reason on why Carmelo Anthony would want to play with the Trail Blazers. This isn't a diss to CJ McCollum, but honestly he simply isn't as good as James Harden or Chris Paul. He has a promising future, and he does remind me a bit of Steph Curry in his shooting ability. Obviously, he'll never be as good, but he can hit the same type of shots sort of. Okay, maybe I'm giving him a little too much credit, but to be fair Curry has a lot more help than CJ does.

Jursef Nurkic is a talented big man as he was in Denver, so I do believe the hype. Though, I won't exactly bank on him being a game changer. He's no Jokic or Porzingis. I won't dismiss him because he is obviously a good center, and the only problem with Nurkic is that when things don't go his way he turns into a big baby. He pouted his way out of Denver despite Denver doing EVERYTHING to make him happy. They even started Nurkic over Jokic, but big baby Nurkic still threw his fits until he just became completely unplayable and a straight up cancer. I'm not betting on him to do the same in Portland, but he is likely one of the bigger headcases in the league if he doesn't get his way. Reminds me of Dwight a bit.

Still, CJ and Nurkic is a very solid semi-young core. Both players are under 26, but aside from that they don't have anyone else on that roster that intrigues me. Portland has multiple poor contracts with overpaid and average players. Their one good trading piece is Mo Harkless, and that's literally the only reason why Portland THINKS they are in the game. They have Mo Harkless, and their draft picks will most likely be fringe lottery. Somewhere between 10 and 20, while Houston will be around 20 to 30.

Carmelo Anthony will not leave New York to spend a season to lose in Portland. He knows where he wants to go and who he wants to play with. Yes, I know players do respect and like CJ, but Portland needs more than just CJ to attract high caliber players. Maybe in a season or two when he finally makes the all-star game. I mean, Portland hasn't had a legit all-star since 2014 and 2015 in LaMarcus Aldridge, and he's on the Spurs now. They haven't had one since then.

You got to learn how to walk before you run, Portland fans. Can't just have a 25 or so game sample of CJ and Nurkic going off and expect to land Carmelo Anthony because your franchise player posted a cute instagram picture. I'm sorry Urkle, but your wins low so that's why you're not getting Carmelo Anthony to waive his NTC to go to Portland.

I mean if we're going to play fantasy then why not waive it for Toronto who has a superior back court than Portland in Kyle Lowry and Demar Derozan? The answer is because it doesn't make sense for Carmelo because he doesn't want to play with Lowry and Demar. Not because he thinks they suck (they don't), but because he wants to play with his friends and Olympic buddies. Actually, I just remembered that Lowry, Derozan, and Melo all played in the Olympics together so that's an even bigger reason why Toronto would make more sense. That's also another thing Portland doesn't have. They don't have any team USA players, but to be fair CJ was probably still too green to make the '16 Olympic team. 2015-2016 was really the first time he got the keys to the franchise after Aldridge left Portland.

It's a players league. Players decide where they want to go for the most part. Not all the time obviously, but when a player has power (free agent, SnT, NTC) then they can heavily dictate where they want to go.

----
    As for any criticisms that CP3-Harden-Melo wouldn't work? Dead that. It would absolutely work as long as each player understands their role and there is a coach that knows how to manage it. Sure, it won't start pretty. Rockets may even be .500 by December 1st, but it doesn't mean it's a failed experiment and we live in the days of the Golden State era where you're either in the fight or you're not. Rockets are going all in, and if it means taking a risk of pairing Harden up with CPMelo then it's a risk worth taking. Especially when they all want to play together.

I'm sorry, but if I'm Carmelo then a duo of Chris Paul and James Harden intrigues me a lot more than CJ McCollum and Jursef Nurkic. Dems just da fax.

Also, LOL at that thespian that got trolled lmaoooooooooooo how do you even get trolled like that?