1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Web Gets More Curious

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by popeye, Sep 7, 1999.

1. rocketsfan34

rocketsfan34 Contributing Member

Try the holiday times. That's when most of the people will be at the mall. You just missed the labor day one.

2. popeye

popeye Member

No I couldn't LA FAN .... I was home replaying the Houston Comets kicking LaLa Ladies butts.Again.

The day I have to make something up to impress anybody on a BBS, I will shoot myself in the head. Or worse yet, I'll move next door to another LA urban city bandwaggoning sports cyber teen punk,like you rocketsfan34.

3. DocRiverPhoenixSunScreen@

Did I miss something, or did rocketsfan34 transform into a Laker fan overnight? How is he a Laker fan?

4. popeye

popeye Member

Sorry DocRiverPhoenixScreen:

Michael gives some people here a couple of backdoor shots every now and then.He rarely has an original thought.If he posts at all, it is usually to criticize someone ... anyone.

Although this doesn't qualify him(or disqualify him) for anything other than a bad cough,he happens to live in LA.

And frankly he just pissed me off with that mall remark,whatever that meant.

5. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Popeye:

With all the information you currently have from your sources, what do you feel is going on? If a trade is in the works, is it a blockbuster type star caliber player, or just another regular old Scott Brooks for so-and-so?

And other than the whole McGrady-Christie talks, have you heard anything else going on concerning the Rockets, or any other team for that matter.

If you have more to add, please post it. By now I would hope that everyone will believe you after the Francis trade...

6. popeye

popeye Member

As I said above,I haven't heard a thing.

7. rocketsfan34

rocketsfan34 Contributing Member

Even though i live in LA, it doesn't mean i am a lakers fan. I've been tired of shaq missing his free-throws. Even though everyone here laughs at me cuz they hate the rockets, I have been laughing at them about francis. Just becuase someone lives in los angeles also doesn't mean i am a clippers fan either. Although i think they made some good moves.

8. sir scarvajal

sir scarvajal Member

It is easy to be a Clippers fan in the cyber world, otherwise you need to save those grocery bags.

9. popeye

popeye Member

Hey are you still at work Sir Scar?

------------------
    "Way I see it .... we got two options this year. We either improve or we don't improve. If we don't improve we will be the same as last year, no surprises,no expectations.If we do improve,we will be surprised, but we will have high expectations. We could expect to win the Western Conference Finals,and that would be a surprise. Or we could lose in the first round. Losing in the first round, no surprises, and no expectations. Win the Western Conference and we get to go to the Finals,wow what a surprise,we never expected that. At the NBA Finals we either win The Championship or we lose. If we lose,no surprises, of course there was no expectations either. If we win we have all these surprises .... but we also have all these expectations for NEXT YEAR too!!!! Dang we can't win but for losing! Dang! Just like the Clippers!"

[This message has been edited by popeye (edited September 09, 1999).]

10. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

The debate seems to have taken a twist.

For the record. If we could go back in time and snatch Sam in his second year to start this year or have Cat this year (also in his second), I'll take Cat every day of the week--in fact, I wish Anderson would just go ahead and sign with the Jazz like he's gonna so Cat can have that starting position.

11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I'm not a big fan of bumps, but I think newbies (more of you are newbs than you think) should read the stuff we used to post. All this stuff about McGrady had nothing to do with Orlando. We wanted him for years and finally got him in Orlando. Popeye was an insider like cyberx or cod or docrocket or batman. We've always had legitimate insiders on this board and I just want to tell the naysayers that none of the insider stuff is new. It's always been in here and most of it is legit. Doesn't matter if it doesn't work out immediately. It's a legit source more often than you think. You're just impatient.

MadMax and jch1911 like this.
  12. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

[​IMG]

13. don grahamleone

John Stark just said everything before the but is bullshit. And you stopped during the bullshit. Also, you're a newb.

14. Tha_Dude

What does it even mean that I stopped during the bullshit? LOL

Also, my previous post was meant to be a joke. I thought you were drinking too much and I needed to step in for you.

Thanks for letting me know how you feel, though. ;):D

15. don grahamleone

Amigo, you didn't even read the thread(and the dates they're posted). You'll catch on. I have no doubts.

(John Snow or John Stark whatever we're supposed to call him in Game of Thrones said that his dad gave advice to him and that everything said before a "but" is bullshit. So I was saying everything before my "but" followed suit.)

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DonKnock and don grahamleone like this.
  17. Tha_Dude

You have no doubts that I will catch on? Damn, you're really throwing yourself out in the ocean there with no life vest. Don't do that!!!

LMAO

I did read the thread, though.

don grahamleone likes this.
  18. don grahamleone

I have no idea what you mean, but I still laughed! You got that "it".

19. Tha_Dude

I have no idea what I mean, either. 90% of the time anyway.

But I do know what YOU mean, and the dude will always love you for it.

don grahamleone likes this.
  20. don grahamleone

So here's roughly what I meant by this:

We were interested in McGrady years before we got him. So the smoke in this thread was actual fire. The smoke now is about Carmelo, so I think there's fire out there. We've (Morey) like him for years. Our chances of getting him are probably more legit as time goes by.