1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Game of Thrones] Season Seven

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 12, 2016.

1. TheresTheDagger

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Stannis using Dragonstone as his "base"? If so, where the heck are the leftover Baratheon's? Yeah, I know he got slaughtered some time back but it seems like there should have been someone still left behind to look after things.

DreamShook likes this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

HUBRIS!!

If I'm going off to battle, I'm making sure the AC is off, the dragonglass is safe, and the castle doors are locked.

donkeypunch likes this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He has greyscale, it's contagious so he's in some kind of isolation. They are probably studying him or something

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I thought this was a pretty weird scene. Ed Sheeran's cameo ranks up there with the rock song after Jaime's hand gets chopped off for biggest "Why is this here? Why now?" GoT moment.

#124 DreamShook, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    heypartner likes this.
  5. Caddman

Caddman Contributing Member

That's pretty much exactly what happened. :)

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I guess it would have been weird if I had any clue who Ed Sheeran was but given that I don't, it didn't seem weird at all to me.

7. MystikArkitect

Setting up chess pieces episode.

Wondering what the gift Euron is talking about is.

Also Sansa could've used way more tact than calling Jon out in front of everyone regarding the houses. I mean come on girl, you could've just said that stuff in private and not put him on the spot in front of everyone.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

@Bobbythegreat takes residence under a rock confirmation.

tmactoyao likes this.
  9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

They said Stannis left it abandoned and unmanned because he pushed in all of his chips. Leaving a few janitors wouldn't have helped fend off an actual invasion.

I'm familiar with the name Ed Sheeran, but have no clue what he looked like, didn't even realize that was a cameo.

10. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Was that really him?

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Perhaps, but even when I googled who he was, I didn't find any reason for me to know who he is LOL. Maybe I'm just old.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

@sealclubber1016 and @Bobbythegreat share a mortgage under a rock confirmation:eek:

tmactoyao likes this.
  13. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

While watching, I was like man, Ive seen him before. Dont know the name but I thought to myself that he was somebody cause his voice was too good.
    The only thing I can think of is Tyrions head. In the trailers, it shows Euron attacking the fleets of daenerys, so that could be it.

14. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I know who Ed Sheeran is and I know his music sucks ass. No reason for him to be in the episode tonight. Nor do I care. It was a good opening to a what should be an exciting season.

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Cersei is unaware or does not believe Dany has dragons, correct?

16. TheRedRanger

TheRedRanger Member

"When people ask you what happened here, tell them the North remembers. Tell them winter came for House Frey." What an opening that was!:eek:

Rocket River likes this.
  17. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

And from that to go have a sit down around a campfire with a bunch of guys with swords singing about women's hands. I dont know, I love the show but its so inconsistent. She should be raped and dead many times over already

18. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Am I the only one who noticed the rising sexual tension between Jon and Sansa -- the pouting, the hand grab, etc? After all unbeknownst to them, they are not siblings after the reveal in season 6. Either way, I think Jon gets it on with Sansa before moving on to bigger fish like Daenerys -- his paternal aunt. I'll take INCEST for the daily double!

19. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

That's what I assume, too. Cersei blames him for everything gone wrong. Why are we using spoiler tags?
    It has to be common knowledge by now. If not, then the show has another inconsistency with how many spies there are yet nobody knows about the dragons.
    Yeah, I felt that scene was a little too peaceful for what Westeros has usually shown. But not as bad as her miraculous parkour survival after being gutted last season.

fba34 likes this.
  20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Since there are no books to pull from, I was also wondering why you guys were still using the tags.

We are all on the same playing field now.

#140 DreamShook, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    daywalker02 likes this.