1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela: Building block or trade asset?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 11, 2017.

?

Capela is

1. Building block

193 vote(s)
    81.8%
  2. Trade Asset

43 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. basketballholic

Lol

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I find it ridiculous

He has a lot of Hakeem's big man athleticism

3. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

You are a joke.

Basically we both are saying Tucker & Ariza can play PF but I would play Ariza more time at PF
    which allows Tucker to spend more time at SF (because Houston doesn't have PF depth behind
    Ryno or Melo if he joins the team).

You go off on a tangent on how that can't be.

Then you admit you would end up with Ariza at PF. Brain dead.

Fact of the matter is I haven't been arguing about anything while you seem to arguing everything
    and anything. On your imaginary fantasy team play whoever you want fella. I can see stats confuse
    you. Whenever comforted with stats you lash out and throw insults or profanity as a means of trying
    to intimidate. Lame and childish. Either you are a kid about 14 y/o or a young adult that's delayed
    mentally. Your mentality is of a spoiled brat around the age of 14 & ilacks development equal
    to your body. I'm not impressed with your name calling profanity hissy fits.

Because I haven't been arguing a case & I think you are mentally delayed, I have not been tough on you.
    I've been throwing you soft pitches up the middle. Not even close to fast ball chin music followed up by
    curve ball on the outside corner.

You claim to know basketball, but I see through you Casper. Anybody that knows the Rockets know that
    Houston covered Nene with bubble wrap to limit the risk of injuries the entire 2016-17 season. Meaning
    he didn't play back-to-backs and many games due to matchup reason on the schedule. If you watched
    the games you would have known that.
    As a result you can't give Nene more minutes and count on him
    being your 4th quarter guy when he gets so much time off while not being injured. Players tend to get
    more injury prone with each and every year.....not get healthier miraculously.

Conversation with you is a waste of time kid. You have nothing to offer me and I can learn nothing from you.
    I'm setting you to ignore mode.

#123 Jatman20, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think anyone's assuming that. And by the same token, we should not assert a claim as a certainty when it is merely statistically improbable. ;)

5. basketballholic

Yeah, plenty of posters are doing that.

6. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

• "According to ESPN Stats & Information research, Capela is shooting 75 percent on passes from Harden and 55 percent on all other field goal attempts. Nene is shooting 70 percent on passes from Harden and 57 percent on other attempts." Capela averaged 13.8 PPG and 9.3 RPG on 25.1 mins a game after the break. So...
    • If we play Capela at 30 mins a game
    • Assume that he will playjust as efficiently with CP3 on the floor
    • Add in a 10% increase in efficiency due to normal maturation
    • Capela would average 22.01 PPG and 11.1RPG!!!!

7. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

On the court. Very dumb question.

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Capela just turned 23 and was raw entering the NBA; he's developed faster than most people thought. He's averaging 19/12 and 2 blocks per 36 min., and he's still learning how to play the game. He's extremely athletic and mobile for someone 6'10" with his frame. And he's played well in big games; averaging 10/9 and 2.5 blocks in 26 min. in the playoffs.

Why would we want to trade away our only true home-grown, young star asset? Hard to find mobile bigs like him with the upside he has. You hold onto guys like Clint Capela. It takes bigs longer to develop and reach their potential. 2 years from now, Capela could be the best center in the game ...no BS.

9. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Not willing to read all that. Just know I'm right, you're wrong.

10. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

I'm cool with that, but I mean that with some skin in the game. I really, really feel that guy isn't smart. He may be a great dude, but one thing he isn't...is smart.

11. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

And this is why we say...**** STATS. Put everything in context.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Still waiting for you to show what post you got that impression from. If you weren't full of **** and trolling you'd be able to tell me, but you know...

13. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

I don't give a **** about you, brah. This thread isn't about you, not trying to dig up your posts but it was one from a couple of weeks ago.

This is about Capela. I say sell high, and lock in one of those hard-working Cs for a 3-4 year deal WITH a team option to keep them always hungry. Tarik is one, but one more. Willie Reed. Sign and trade NGs for Reed 4 year/16 mil deal, last year team option with 500k guaranteed.

Capela, Ryno, other NGs for Melo + 2020 1st(lottery protected) + right to swap 2022 1st(top 5 protected). Let them fight, then just settle with Ryno, NG, Capela for Melo + 1st. No 1st, no Capela. And we're long centers and can use Capela later in the year.

He's not worth maxing out, or anywhere above $15-17M. He's not in condition to bang with the big boys, he can't handle 32-35mpg effectively to play that linear rate people who post up PER 36 stats, he's got the worst inbounds passes ever, and just doesn't have the "it" factor. I'd sell high, again.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Because your full of ****. This thread isn't about me but if i'm going to be personally attacked by a troll and mods won't do anything about it, I might as well call you out on it.

15. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Again, no one gives a **** about you. Quit bringing yourself up so much. Stick to the topic. I don't think you're smart, you called me a cupcake. Big deal, get over it. I'm fine with you calling me a cupcake, you don't see me crying about it. You want me to ask you where and why I am a cupcake? Need a post for proof?

Seriously, this is the last time I'll address this. Stop constantly putting yourself back in the thread. Talk Capela, quit crying, sack up and get on with life.

JohnMac82 likes this.
  16. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Everything is in Context. Having Harden and CP3 inflates Capela's value to a ridiculous near All-Star Level.

17. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

So you're saying we should sell high? Or what are you inferring to with those stats, and by saying "inflates Capela's value to a ridiculous near All-Star level"?

And sure Harden(and Paul) do inflate it, but gotta give credit to MDA's system. The rim runs change the game.

D-rock likes this.
  18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lol not crying just calling you full of **** because you are.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  19. sw847

sw847 Member

for the right piece, other than harden, everyone is an asset.....for a useless player (dare I say like parsons?), even past great corey brewer would seem like a building block

20. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

I'm leaning more towards building block unless Melo deal doesn't fall through and someone such as Marc Gasol or Boogie becomes available