1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BOTP: Knicks' primary hope is for Melo to open up trade list beyond HOU and CLE

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 13, 2017.

1. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Melo is Damien Lillard's favorite player FWIW

Also

Harkless
    Kemba
    Boogie
    Tobias

Have said the same about Melo, there's a few more they're just skipping my mind.

2. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Pelicans and Nets are two other teams. It's not that teams are dying for Ryno... But there are takers. The details are this... Melo wants Houston, way more than he wants Cleveland. The Knicks had zero interest in keeping Melo. There are no other teams that want and can attain Melo, other than houston (Cleveland would have to give up Love or combo or shumpert and Jr...neither of which will happen). NY is better off taking Houston's 1st rounder. The Knicks have zero leverage, they're just trying to be tough while their front office is getting put together. Unless something unexpected and shocking happens, Melo will be a rocket. It doesn't matter to me if it happened yesterday or will happen in 2 weeks. All I know is that if I was betting, the Rockets would have about a 98% chance of landing Melo...clearly not for sure, but there aren't many scenarios that exist outside of Melo to Houston.

And Venmo is like PayPal...easy way to transfer money to people via an email address.

3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Devil's avocet, eh? Mello, you say?

Out of curiosity, which of these is the devil's?
    [​IMG]

D-rock likes this.
  4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks for sharing @rezdawg. Those two teams definitely make sense as part of the deal. I wouldn't be surprised if Morey fleeced the Pelicans into ridding themselves of Moore and Hill, attaching picks and sending them to New Jersey to be absorbed and then sending Ryno to NOLA.

5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The thing you're missing, in a player/agent league that's a BAD IDEA. Because if you as an executive screw a player and a agent like that, they will be reluctant to deal with YOU ( not necessarily the Knicks organization because people change jobs) ever again. If you wound up being an executive for another team good luck obtaining and keeping clients of that agent and it wouldn't make you popular with other players and their agents. It could damage YOUR career.

6. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

who/what are pels or nets sending out?

8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I bet Pels send out Solomon Hill and Etwan Moore plus picks to New Jersey and they receive Ryno. I don't see Nets sending out anybody since they can just absorb contracts. Knicks maybe get some of the Rox NG deals plus some picks and Andrew Nicholson?

9. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Avocet, melo, Avocets

Avocets, melo, Avocets

Rep the set, gotta rep the set

Chase a ship, never chase a b*tch

Jersey on, bump it, Jersey off

Jersey on, bump it, Jersey off

Avocets, melo, Avocets

Chase a ship, never chase a b*tch

[​IMG]

N
    otice the Rox colors! ;) Also, Melo = ship ;)

#349 jch1911, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  10. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

the nba is scripted when it comes to trades..

pg13 for trash

cousins for freaking buddy hield

hell even harden coming here could have been planned

the nba is blocking this trade, its so obvious. If melo ends up here i'll gladly eat crow, but im probably right

11. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Venmo is awesome

12. bongman

bongman Member

Then they have some bad script writers. For a copule of years now, everbody had a very good idea on who will end up in the finals

13. rockets13champs

Those are all New Yorkers except for Boogie

14. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Im not an insider and dont have all the details, lol...but I know that they would take his contract. The only hold up here is that the Knicks are stalling and wanting to play the tough guy role, but they have no leverage, despite what they'd like to think. Melo doesnt want to go back and they know this.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  15. hakeemthagreat

I've had this feeling from the jump. They want Melo in Cleveland so Lebron can have one last showdown with GS. Forget making the league more balanced, they only want 2 teams dominating every year smh. I suspect the blind hand of the NBA is blocking this trade. Also gotta make sure GS has clear path to the finals, we are their biggest threat w/ Melo

16. mockster

mockster Member

Portland needs to get there heads out of there asses and realize there lucky to even get Ryan Anderson

Von Rafer likes this.
  17. ROCKETS1972

ROCKETS1972 Member

Trading mello for anderson wont cause the fans trouble.the Knicks can talk to a team like Boston San Antonio or even the Lakers a team that Mello might want to go to and they have better assets to trade the point that I was trying to make is you don't give away your top player for nothing or allow him to dictate your trade terms

18. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

They gave him the power to dictate where he is going when they gave him that contract. What exactly are people missing about this?

19. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member

Jesus christ.

No.
    Trade.
    Clause.

20. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Bout to crash early. Quick. Someone post the latest tweet or BS article claiming inside sources confirming Melo to H Town.
    Wanna start the week off with some excitement.