1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BOTP: Knicks' primary hope is for Melo to open up trade list beyond HOU and CLE

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 13, 2017.

1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

That $12 million could have been another crappy contract... Making it even more complicated. This is what I know... We have teams that will take Ryno's contract and that Melo will be a Rocket. Worrying about his contract is a total waste of time bc it has no impact on the Rocket's plans.

HakeemOnlyFan and bilaal14 like this.
  2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

lol you don't know that we would have signed another toxic contract last summer and you sure as hell don't know for sure that melo will be a rocket. your "source" provided zero details about any trade.

3. Fantasma Negro

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I'll Venmo you $50 if he isn't a rocket.... And you Venmo me $25 if he is a rocket. Deal?

BTW, based on last year's obnoxious contracts, who could we have gotten for ~$10 mil that would have changed anything for us? Ryan, whether you want to believe or not, was a big part of why the Rockets won as many games as they did... He sucked in the playoffs, but he was instrumental in the rockets having one of the best offenses in the league.

5. Remlap

Remlap Member

Melo, we are waiting for you to add us to your list.
    Sincerely,
    Vlade

Williamson likes this.
  6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

And here I was concerned the team that was making a play was the Spurs or something.

But the Blazers?

[​IMG]

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

wth is venmo? and you still haven't addressed my post -- what are the details of the trade that's guaranteed to happen by your "source"? i mean have you been given anything? you say there are teams that want ryno -- can you name even one? portland? lol

ghettocheeze likes this.
  8. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Portland is that slutty friend you should never bring to a double date. Now, she wants to steal your man.

Zboy, JayGoogle and ashleyem like this.
  9. ROCKETS1972

ROCKETS1972 Member

I am playing devils avocet if I was the Knicks I wouldn't do the trade I would force mello to play if he skips training camp and doesn't show up for games then I can do a breach of contract release and I don't have to pay him a cent. any way you look at the trade its not worth it for the Knicks we just don't have the players to trade for him and I would tell him either you allow a trade were the Knicks can get value or no trade

10. ROCKETS1972

ROCKETS1972 Member

I am playing devils avocet if I was the Knicks I wouldn't do the trade I would force mello to play if he skips training camp and doesn't show up for games then I can do a breach of contract release and I don't have to pay him a cent. any way you look at the trade its not worth it for the Knicks we just don't have the players to trade for him and I would tell him either you allow a trade were the Knicks can get value or no trade

Aruba77 likes this.
  11. ROCKETS1972

ROCKETS1972 Member

12. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

Neither Myers Leonard or Allen crabbe are better than Ryno. Not sure why the Knicks or melo would want any part of Portland.

13. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Nah, dont think the New GM wants to start his career Off this messy with the Knicks. Melo has a no-trade clause, wants to come and play with his Bff in Houston, and NY is going to have to accept that or its going to get really ugly! Culture change member!?

14. No Chill Rocket

Okay it's not like we doubt the Knicks on being horrendous. But ..How would this appeal to future free agents or stars?

15. rocketseagles07

Stopped reading after this

16. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

From the Knicks POV, their future is tied up to Porzingis. The other storyline of the off-season is how unhappy Porzingis was with the Knicks organization. He is their future. Melo is out the door. A power play is unlikely to net any assets worth a damn since he is getting paid regardless and has the NTC in his contract. The real threat is another crappy year in NYC makes it more likely that Porzingis will want to bolt, too. You think the Knicks want a bitter Melo moping around a young team going nowhere?

17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

And if I were Melo, I would say: "Good luck on your first GM job with $54m per season tied into me and Noah for the next 2 years, no good pick, and no decent trade assets. Waste one more year of Porzingis' career, and possibly stunt the development of your new PG. I'm sure it will go well."

18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

devil's avocet:
    [​IMG]

19. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

I think that might be the American, not devil's avocet... :D

Daddy Long Legs and Os Trigonum like this.
  20. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member