1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What are the spurs doing?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Jul 15, 2017.

1. what

what Member

They have only resigned patty mills. They lost Simmons and Dedmon. Pau opted out if his contract presumably to help the spurs land a big free agent, that hasn't happen and it would be sick if the spurs stuck it to him.

During the draft, the spurs were trying to trade lamarcus and nobody wanted him.

It was also said that spurs didn't want to pay an aging Chris Paul. Can anybody figure thus out?

2. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

and yet they will be right back next season as one of the top teams in the league

bilaal14, da_juice, Sajan and 3 others like this.
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol, that is what salty Spurs fans have been saying since CP picked us right? I guess so.

4. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

One of my best friends is a Spurs fan. Texted him yesterday after they lost simmons to see if he was worried. His response was typical of an arrogant Spurs fan. Not worried at all, assumes someone will step up...

I think they're still a top 3 seed, but I could see them taking a step back.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

So far Dedmon has been the only real hit they have taken, his defense and rebounding can be a difference maker, but they didn't really utilize him that much (didn't even play him in the playoffs) so it's not that bad.

I'll take Gay over Simmons, Pau will likely come back, picked up Lauvergne who's a decent big.

Overall their age/health will be a problem, Pau/Ginobili/Parker are at the very end of their careers.

6. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

They still have kawhi and are going to have a ton of cap space next summer. They will be fine (unfortunately)

7. BackdoorHarden

Spurs about to show the world they are on Warriors level.

YULE C

8. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I assume setting up for next summer. They should have a ton of cap space -- and anyway, a "down" season for the Spurs still means 50+ wins and HCA.

amaru likes this.
  9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Gay is no longer a "big free agent." Did I read that right? Am I in a what thread?

10. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

No I dont think so. I think they will be around the 3-5 spot.

They will not have homecourt past the 1st round again IMO. I wouldnt be surprised if they dropped to 5 but they will prolly be 4 I think.

Their backcourt is going to get roasted.

11. Daddy Long Legs

Yeah I think this is a punt season though. They are setting themselves up to build around kawhi next summer.

This season they will be good but not one of the 4 best teams in the nba again IMO

12. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Waiting out the Warriors. Kawhi won't reach peak prime for a couple more years so why do anything now.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Cranking out another 55+ win season while loading up for a free agent run next year. I hear there are some potentially good free birds next year.

Count on the machine to keep rolling on. 20 years & counting...

14. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

My understanding is LaMarcus Aldridge agreed to going to the Spurs on condition that Popovich
    would not retire during the length of the contract. Pops wanted to retire with Duncan; but agreed.

They found out that first year that LMA is an ISO guy that doesn't really fit into their share the ball system.
    Now Kawhi Leonard and LMA are feuding internally; but we are hearing about it.

If LMA is traded.......look for Pops to retire soon after. They are having a hard time trading LMA.

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Spurs won't be top 3. $50 tipjar bet on it.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I think they're in rebuild mode yet haven't decided how to do it. They think they're awesome at doing the win and rebuild but forget that everything they were doing before was with that whiny baby Duncan anchoring the weaknesses of their draft picks. They need an anchor and Cerwhy isn't it. He doesn't make his teammates better. He's a second fiddle and they're playing him like he's a first.

I hope Pau jumps ship. He's the only likeable guy they have.

17. steveng125

steveng125 Member

I know alot of people say it every year but honestly I predict the spurs to drop off drastically this year. I say 5th seed

daywalker02 and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  18. Daddy Long Legs

is manu gonna retire or nah?

19. blackistan

blackistan Member

To answer your question not a damn thing

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

game 6 was their last hurrah. next season they fall hard. probably reload well next summer though