1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Isn't it funny how you HATE a player until they come to the Rockets? Jason Terry, Chris Paul, etc.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Jul 14, 2017.

1. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Good times....Good times indeed!;)

2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I'm very interested to see the CF reaction to Beverley. You KNOW he's coming after CP3 and Harden. Not going to be the lovable, feisty, pest that 'plays hard!' anymore when he's on the other side injuring Rockets players :D

swyyyguy likes this.
  3. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

this is the answer

4. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

There are only a few guys I've ever truly hated, as much as you can hate someone that you don't really even know. These are guys who I would have a hard time stomaching on the Rockets:

Malone, Stockton, Hornacek (ok all of the 90's Jazz players) ... Derek Fisher (esp. post the flagrant elbow to Scola) ... Kendrick Perkins (little talent, had to play dirty to compensate) ... Matt Barnes ...

Plenty of others are strongly disliked, sometimes just due to the heat of battle in a playoff series, but respect their game and would take them in Houston:

Draymond, CP3, Blake Griffin, Westbrook, Kobe, Jason Terry, etc

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Ron Artest too..

6. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

It's just a game. There are very players that I could say that I hate. Karl Malone definitely. The arrogance of Kobe Bryant is hard to stomach as well.

Kevin Durant is in a special category. What he did devalued the entire NBA both figuratively and literally. Because of his jumping on the Warriors' bandwagon, the league and the other players got less money and the fans got less playoff games, especially less meaningful ones. If you love the NBA, then I don't see how you couldn't hate him.

7. 13 in 33

13 in 33 Member

You're forgetting about Matt Harpring from the Jazz. **** that prick.

c1utchfan925 and DieHard Rocket like this.
  8. Stardog75

Stardog75 Member

Neither Jet or CP3 were ever guys I hated. It's really hard for me to hate little guys that don't chew on their mouthpieces. Hated Barkley with the Fire of a thousand suns when he was in Phoenix. As a Rocket, I really grew to like the guy and he always made me laugh. Still love me some Barkley even though his act gets a bit tired at times.
    On the other hand, hated Pippen when he was with the Bulls and hated him even more with the Rockets. I wanted to slap that dildo off his stupid face.

9. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I probably would have disliked cp3 if we didn't steal his soul in game 6. I feel like we got even there

Matt78777 and swyyyguy like this.
  10. Mr. Motiejunas

What do you mean? :eek:

11. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I still hate Chris Paul! He's gonna have to prove himself to me... I still think he is the worst flopper in the league, and the biggest cry baby in the game.

And he has never proven he can win anything. So until he gets us in the conference finals he is who he is.

kjayp and WestendMassive like this.
  12. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Well that's when not being a hater comes in handy. I've always liked Cp3. Only time I've hated is on that Jazz team. Ak47, Okur and Harping

13. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

You know what I'm sayin

14. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Yep, i cant judge guys personally because i dont know them. My only interest in them is my love of basketball. I cant hate guys when i hear rumors of crime and immorality.

I only "hate" guys, from a bball perspective. You need to harm the product that i spend time and $ on.

KD is the only player that bothers me because of that.

rgw20014life likes this.
  15. Mr. Motiejunas

bich nga

16. tc0330

tc0330 Member

They're only cool if they're a Rocket

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

Different levels of hate. There is hate for a guy because he plays so well against your favorite team. That obviously changes when said player starts playing for your favorite team. There are only a handful of players that you just can't stand them regardless of who they're playing for.

I've never thought Beverley was a dirty player or a bad person so I don't think this will change. Yeah, it will suck if he hurts Chris Paul but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't trying to injure him.

Matt78777 likes this.
  18. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I was mystified watching the Utah-LAC series in the playoffs this year. CP3 was doing all he could to will that team to victory. I was indifferent previously, but I gained massive respect for him

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  19. Exiled

Exiled Member

HATE is a strong word son , it shouldn't be used against anyone .....but Karl Malone

Matt78777 likes this.
  20. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

He is a rocket.

rgw20014life likes this.