1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

He'll be worth more at the deadline when contenders are desperate.

2. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

3. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

It's over.

First of all, if they think his trade value is going to increase even though he won't agree to be traded anywhere but us, they are stupid.

Second, even if they are letting the new GM settle in or hire his people or do their due diligence... the other TWO teams aren't just gonna wait around for things to pick up again.

I'm sure it wasn't easy for Morey to convince those two teams to come in to the deal and give up assets.

Knicks gonna Knicks... pack it up, it's over

4. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

5. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

very true, but ultimatel yI think he's still gone. New dude just has to come in and try to be relevant. He can't come in and complete what someone else started. Everyone's pride and ego (especially if you are getting paid to do that job) makes them want to assert themselves in the situation.

so new weirdo gm comes in and thinks he can convince anthony that now that he's there knicks are a better option than finishing his career by james harden and chris paul?

I absolutely agree that he is duing his due diligence but ultimately won't work. Who knows if rockets get him anymore but he's getting out of there or it will get ugly IMO.

BigMaloe likes this.
  6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I don't see a market for Melo when he holds a no trade clause. After all the dumb drama that has gone on with Melo over the past few months, the Knicks are really idiots for wanting to kiss and make up. I'm thinking it's going to be very difficult to put another trade together, so I'm thinking we are kissing Melo goodbye now. I feel like this is going to end up being a buy out. Hope I'm wrong.

BigMaloe likes this.
  7. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

This.

Very assholeish by New York.

We know we're without a GM but we'll let Steve Mills sign THJ and start the process of trading Carmelo.

Hey Daryl, we don't want Ryan but go find a 3rd and/or 4th team and then get back to us with what you've got.

Oh sorry Daryl. I know you've found a 3rd and maybe 4th team but we're gonna hold off on trading Carmelo for now. Maybe we can reconvene later.

Richie_Rich, Nook, BigMaloe and 2 others like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Carmelo just has to tell them straight up to stop all the nonsense and trade him now

he will go to Houston and has no desire to play for the Knicks, now get a deal done

10. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

So basically this happened....

[​IMG]

Possum and bilaal14 like this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Melo wanted to be in NY for years, but i think he has enough of it at this point, he must be tired of the enviroment, of being called a loser, a cancer for years, this his his chance to play in a really good team, with his friend and in a big city/market...i bet he'll be a Rocket sooner rather than later, he spoke with James and Chris, he's looking for a house in Houston...he'll tell the new gm that he doesn't care anymore and he wants to go.

The Knicks are obviously super dumb so you never know, but there's no way out for them in this situation at this point...

12. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

There is no market.

What I mean is what proposals have been offered and transpired over the last few weeks.

He's not privy to that info so he needs to learn it. It's possible he likes one of the deals already, rather than wants on the table.

But, he has absolutely no trade value. Gsw could offer Durant, Draymond and klay Thompson for Noah and melo. It doesn't matter unless melo accepts the trade.

No leverage. No value. Take what is available or get nothing.

13. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

maybe not. he has a no trade clause. if he's still only waiving that for houston and cleveland than we will still only have anderson and cleveland will still only have their junk (unless they budge on love).

it could be a lot harder to get a 3rd or 4th team involved by that point. this might not work out for the knicks. we'll see

14. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

How many times do we have to remind people what a no trade clause is lol NYK are pathetic , they wont get anything extra out of us its ryno and a future 1st frickin deal with it.

bilaal14 likes this.
  15. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THIS IS GOING TO BE MY LAST INSIGHTFUL POST ON THIS DYING ISSUE..............

Rather you want to buy into it or not, the facts still remain that training camp is FARRR FARRRRRRR away. There is no urgency to get a deal done from any side, especially the knicks side as you can see from the credible reports of Woj that have just came out.

Now, contrary to how alot of clutchfans are, I tend to see everything with a hint of optimism. This cessation of talks could turn out very well for the Rockets given that the possibility of Melo being bought out could be back on the table at the new FO is brought in to conduct the affairs of the New York dumpster fires.

Or, if Melo does not buy in, which most likely he won't, then a disgruntled Melo would have even less valve than he does not, and we would be able to get him for even less if the option for a buy out is off the table.

I do not see any reasonable scenario in which Melo lines up next to $71 million man in THJ (prior beef well documented) and a bunch of no names players and spend another season or half a season expending his energy on the treadmill to nowhere. The seed of playing with CP3 and on a winner has been planted, and frankly put, that seed is growing day by day in the mind of Melo, and most certainly he will want out. The Knicks, being the distraught, and disgruntled organization that they are, are TOO STUPID to figure this out right now and will most likely pay the price for this later.

So yea... lets buckle down, Melo will be a Rocket.... not saying anytime soon, but eventually..... most likely before the season. All the arrows and all the reports point that way..... The Knicks will get there FO in, talk to him, and be disappointed about his answers.. and will have to cut their losses, while the Rockets will wait, knowing full well they will get Melo one way or another.

P.S.- Contrary to popular belief, this trade was not hung on the fact that Myers Leonard could not find a home... that is a joke..... the toxic waste contract of one dimensional Ryan Anderson is the reason that talks have snagged, and anyone who thinks it was because of Leonard is either delusional or stupid. The Rockets did not have enough enticing assets to unload that heap of crap on to another team, and that other team was not going to pay asset level value to the knicks to take that contract on......eventually...... eventually, the Knicks will know that they have a losing hand, and eventually will cut their losses... .and Melo will be a Rocket.

Until then..... Bar study..... and random gifs.... but nothing of substance anymore..... just not worth it..... he will be a Rocket. It is still a question of WHEN!! not IF!

16. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

From Ramona's report it looks like they rather let Melo expire and take the cap space rather than take back the trash that was offered. I wouldn't blame em.

17. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

lmao in that case they would just let Melo expire and enjoy the cap space.

18. cdain3

cdain3 Member

Guys chill out. He'll be a Rocket just as soon as he tells this new gm to **** off.

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

What yard line are we on? Or is this a timeout?

Possum likes this.
  20. Joshua0312

Joshua0312 Member

Sorry but I think Houston fans have seen this dance before enough to know when it won't happen. It's over and that sucks but trying to keep people's hopes alive for something that is just not likely anymore is kind of a selfish tghing to do. I don't mean to be rude or anything but I think it's time to just stop trying to get people's hopes up.