1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Summer League] Zhou Qi Highlight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheMystery008, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Ranny

Ranny Member

They are going to love him in NY!!

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

You might be confusing me with someone else here. I don't expect anything from Zhou Qi until he proves otherwise. There are some things he did that I liked and disliked, but to me he is still a rookie.

3. Asian Sensation

[​IMG]

cus der no 4 pointer shots

Rashmon, tinman and justtxyank like this.
  4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

No 4 point shot homie!

Asian Sensation likes this.
  5. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

If the offense was catered to him scoring I'm sure he would have scored more.... hell if they let him shoot mid range shots I'm sure he'd score more..... they're getting him acclimated to what we do..... would it be great if he 6-18 yes... but right now the results mean less the the work....

He wasn't really even a big time scorer in China and people are expecting him to come out of the gate averaging 20 and 10.... wtf....

AGAIN I'll repeat.... there is no way you can watch this guy play and come away with a sense that he can't play.....

nacho bidness likes this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He can't pick up that many fouls in a real NBA game
    He will foul out
    It's going to take awhile for him to adjust

7. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

He only really had one bad foul game... and half of those fouls were sketchy at best.... I saw at least 2 clean blks and the offensive fouls only one was legit to me

8. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

If Harden plays the Drew league again this summer I think it would be awesome if he took this kid with him..... kinda how Moses took Dream.....

I actually think that would speed up his development and also see what he's made of.....

D-rock likes this.
  9. tinman

Supporting Member

What?

You can't have 7 fouls in one game in the NBA. I saw them LIVE, they were fouls. they weren't 'sketchy'.

10. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Guys dude is a sec rounder and paid a couple of Mil per year why does everyone act like he's some kind of lottery pick? Dude has potential and can turn into a good product but it takes time. If he does not work out, then fine we move on. The China money would pay for itself.

saleem, VanityHalfBlack and D-rock like this.
  11. tinman

Supporting Member

Ask yourself WHO is thinking he's a lottery pick
    that's the question, and you can figure it out

12. bongman

bongman Member

MDA will take u out of the game if u don't take the open 3 ptr. if u have been following, coaches spoke to Qi after making a long 2 pre stating that is not how we play. No doubt he needs to improve but there is no doubt that is how the coaches want him to play

13. Victorious

Victorious Member

Nobody should be too high or too low on Zhou after his SL performance. He has shown potential but also shown that he still needs time. No rush here. I'm glad hes not just a bum and looks to be trending upward.

saleem likes this.
  14. SunsRocketsfan

The same people who think his fouls were sketchy

15. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

the 2 offensive most fascinating things to me were his game1 dunks.

i wanna know if this is something thats NBA doable with cp3 and harden or just summer league scrambling, if he can dunk like that and ever learn to set a clint type screen he wont have to have a 35% 3pt shot.

skroodup25 likes this.
  16. ironariza

ironariza Member

Ok, for sure, he is Porzingis without Muscle and 3. what is left? I dont know.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

the kid looks good. needs some more weight on him, but i think just having him standing in the paint as a defensive threat will be good for most teams. until we actually play a big team.. then he'll probably get bodied.

19. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Joe chee gon be alright

20. verysimplejason

Personally, I don't think some more weight will help necessarily. What he needs is just a little bit of muscles. Whatever he lacks, his height is more than enough. Also he needs more shooting and foot practice. He's mobile but he lacks the basic techniques like fakes, up-and-under, etc... But I think he's more capable of doing it than Dwight should he opt to learn it from the master, Hakeem.

You don't want to put unnecessary weights on his knees/ankles/hams/back. These are common ailments of tall people.