1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Lonzo Ball thread.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jacoby, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Nike Lonzo >>>> BBB Lonzo

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Coincidence he had his best game while loudmouth dad was back at home in Chino Hills?

B-Bob and CallMeTheDream like this.
  4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

5. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

Bet you those sneakers his dad made has no basketball inspired tech in them what so ever. Dude looked quicker tonight.

6. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Lol the first page comments are hilarious. So quick to judge a 19-year-old kid who is playing his first game in a Lakers uni. Lonzo has real talent. I'm not sure if he'll be the best out of this draft class, because i really like Fox, Tatum, and Smith Jr. but Ball will be right there. Great court vision, ugly but effective shot, good finishing at the rim. He's gonna have a good year. Wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a superstar and is discussed as the best point-guard in the NBA some day.

RudyTBag likes this.
  7. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

That's what comes to my mind man. Adidas and Nike put A LOT of money into materials research. I mean these guys hire PhD's for that stuff. I don't mean to diss BBB, because I think it's admirable to put yourself in control of your merchandising and all that, but I just can't see how the technology in the ZO2's is in anyway comparable to what Nike and Adidas put out. Adidas just got boost tech and that's YEARS after being in the game. Like I said, I think it's admirable, because athletes get ripped off in a lot of ways, so it was nice to see a different approach. I just can't see him feeling comfortable in those shoes, especially when there are some great options out there nowadays.

CallMeTheDream and roslolian like this.
  8. hvic

hvic Member

could it be the shoes that made him play better? lol

9. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

Great Court Vision. See's plays develop and is able to react QUICK to capitalize on it be it steals or blocks or assist etc.

10. what

what Member

Lonzo Ball shot looks fugly.

11. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Can't elevate, average quickness, shot form is terrible, below average defender, ....

I just can't see how he will be able to live up to the hype. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it because it's just too many things to overcome. Honestly, I think he would have been way better off in a smaller market and mid first round pressure. Would have been great in a place like Utah for example.

12. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Lonzp tearing it up against the sixers #GOAT #ONEOFAKIND #IMGAY

13. solodolo

solodolo Member

That's dumb . I rather go to g league than start my career in Utah . I think he will be a good player that's for sure

14. mig0s

mig0s Member

Lol his dad probably made the BBB shoes on Aliexpress. Plays way better without them. Lonzo has the potential to be the next magic. People hate him just because of his dad lol

15. Normalus

Normalus Member

Numbers, that's only numbers. In these highlights he looked awful (besides his passing).

ipaman likes this.
  16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

36-11-8-5 and a W.

:D

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I was looking at the highlights and couldn't believe the stat line. Harden gets the laziest most unassuming stats in the NBA; Ball will start accumulating the ugliest.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

so you first comment is laughing at others yet look at your last comment. sure lol

19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

i thought the same thing watching the highlights. that's got to be the ugliest best game ever. but all credit to him to keep playing after some embarrassing moments early. he definitely seems mentally strong.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Agree with your concerns. Not sure anything but his floor vision and nifty passing will translate to real games.

On offense, that broken shot form will be exploited until he fixes it. His hops and quickness are adequate IMO. I don't think he's a bad finisher. He must learn how to abuse shorter defenders. Down the line, I bet he starts dishing out of the post position.

On defense, his hands are good but staying in front of guys is a huge concern. The extra spacing in the NBA really works against him. Are there drills to improve later quickness?