1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017 Smart Phones

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BiGGieStuFF, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

That's the phone I have as well. I've been having some issues though.

Battery drain is a big one (I've had the phone for about 8 months).

The other huge issues is the usb and headphone jack. When I plug it in to charge, about 30% of the time, the phone doesn't charge. I have to reboot it for it to start to charge. If I plug in an otg device, I almost always have to reboot for it to be recognized. Also, my headphones will often times lose the ability to skip/pause/play based off of the in line button.

Not sure what's up with his, but it's beyond frustrating.

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

That sucks! When did most of the problems start? Have you tried contacting ZTE's customer service?

Personally, I've never had any problems with my phone; maybe you just got a lemon?

3. Two Sandwiches

I contacted them a while ago when it first started, which was like a month after I got the phone (after an update I think), and for some reason, I was thinking I'd be without a phone for a while.

I may try contacting them again soon.

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

Hopefully you're still under some kind of warranty with ZTE...

5. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

Anyone still using the Oneplus 3T or 3? Hows the phone holding up?

6. Rizzy

Rizzy Member

Thoughts on the HTC U11? Thinking about buying it this week as i'm itching to upgrade. Other option would be the new Pixel but no release date yet.

7. fba34

I was a huge HTC fan with their earlier phones. HTC Legend, Desire, Sensation. They seem to be just waiting to die. I thought the 10 last year was a respectable effort. The U11 though seems gimmicky with the squeeze feature, but I know they got some nice speakers in the phone.

8. fba34

My Nexus 6p shut off in my pocket and wouldnt turn on normally. I finally turned it on again after pressing all the volume and power buttons together for about more than 30 secs. Terrible few hours where I thought I needed to get a new phone at this unfortunate time

9. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

10. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have both. Still going strong for me. I just reset the 3 after loaning it to my Mom. My daughter is using the 3T in Italy right now after she dropped her Samsung S8 and shattered it. Good phone for the money. Good for travel with dual sim. Great second phone. My primary phone is a Pixel XL, and the Oneplus 3 and 3T perform pretty well next to it. Waiting for the Pixel 2.

fba34 likes this.
  11. fba34

Thinking of replacing my dad's Note 2 for him. He doesnt want to waste money and he said its still usable but I wonder how usable that thing is.
    The 3T is priced very well and since OP is stopping the production already, might need to act before its all gone.

12. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

13. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

OmegaSupreme likes this.
  14. OmegaSupreme

for real. looks nice... kinda like a mix of the s8, lg6, and last year's pixel.

guess i'm doing the deal partition thing for another year. no longer a big deal since i quit rooting. tiresome.

15. BiGGieStuFF

Yeah I didn't want to have to deal with what rooting would break. Less headache these days. Or is that just the talk of old men justifying our old-ness!!

OmegaSupreme and Two Sandwiches like this.
  16. Two Sandwiches

I quit rooting as well.:confused:

OmegaSupreme likes this.
  17. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Ended up going with the G5 Plus bc I break phones too often and got sick of replacing more expensive models. Really happy so far. Does everything I need it to do, has a solid camera, and incredible battery life. If I'm fully charged in the morning, I don't need to recharge for at least 36hrs, sometimes 48, with normal use.

Ordered from B&H Photo bc no tax unless you are in NY or NJ.

Chilly_Pete likes this.
  18. OmegaSupreme

definitely less headache, but maybe a bit of the latter. too much stuff breaks and the stuff that doesn't break may break the very next day due to google updating stuff server side. don't have time for that.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  19. Rizzy

Rizzy Member

I'm a fan of Sense UI and am still using the M8 which is why I liked the U11. Ended up ordering the U11 but looks like I'll be returning it after that Pixel XL leak. Looks way better than the first gen which is why I didn't buy one.

fba34 likes this.
  20. BiGGieStuFF

I saw it was 180 for the 64gb / 4gb version. It has the ads but from what I saw it was easy to remove.