1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Grit and Grind is over: time to pour out a shot for the passing of an era

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Jul 4, 2017.

1. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

What's the word on Conley and Gasol? Are they available for trade?

Please ship them East if you gonna blow it up.

cbass, BigMaloe, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  2. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Bc he is fat piece of ****

cbass likes this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

First pic on google.

[​IMG]

Zboy, CantBeRight, Nook and 6 others like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Time to jump ship.

5. Asian Sensation

You're crazy AF. I'm not even a Grizz fan and I'm offended.

Z-bo put up 14 and 8 on 45% from the field in 24 mins off the bench.

Ppat put up 6.8 and 4.5 on 40% from the field in 24 mins off the bench.

Amir Johnson didn't even contribute as much as Pat.

It's not just about the numbers even though there's a big disparity there. Randolph was the heart and soul of that team. He was the veteran leader that helped mold Conley and Gasol into what they became and gave the Grizz that tough blue collar identity. The team that nobody wanted to face when the playoffs rolled around and was always a tough out. His ability to post up, eat up space in the paint, bang with the other marquee PF's in the league and play alongside Gasol seamlessly can't just be replaced by anybody. Especially not by no Ppat or Amir Johnson.

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Patrick Patterson is a complete scrub in comparison. Not, even, close.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Zbo has never been a "tough blue collar" guy like that if he had that character he never would've been part of the jailblazers era.I'm not saying he is soft but neither is he a lunch pail guy he doesn't play hard defense, for one thing.

Zbo doesn't play alongside Gasol "seamlessly", in fact they clash a lot because Gasol is a ridiculously skilled post scorer himself but he had to defer to Zbo for d shots. You jist saw two guys compromise like what LBJ and Wade did in Miami but it doesn't mean they complement each other. Are you honestly gonna tell me the best complement to a traditional post scorer is another post scorer?

I don't even know how you assume Zbo molded Gasol and Conley Jr. For one thing if I was Gasol or Conley I would have a hard time believing Zbo if he tries to instill discipline in rookies considering his past, that would be like Hugh Hefner telling you not to have sex before marriage. Gasol doesn't need "molding", he has a franchise level older brother guiding his way and he has had lots of experience as a pro in europe and a member of Spanish National team. Conley was seen to have leadership qualities even as a rookie.

45% fg from a big man who shoots mostly in the paint is horrible. At least Ppat can provide spacing and I'm sure he would play better defense than Zbo now.

8. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Holy crap. Z-Bo has been the heart and soul of the Grizz for nearly a decade. Memphis fans are devastated to lose him, as they should be.

He is literally 5 times better than Patrick Patterson, on offense and defense. It really isn't remotely close.

We should all be VERY FAMILIAR with the flaws of Patrick Patterson. That dude was insufferably soft and a disappearing act, as shown by his 7.9 PER in the playoffs this year. Dude is just not a difference maker. Zach freaking Randolph comes to kill every single night. I will never forget him giving Serge Ibaka the business back in the day. A complete monster on the block, always has been.

9. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Embrace the clutch likes this.
  10. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Why is everybody comparing him to 2pat? Lol

napalm06 likes this.
  11. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

Marc sucked before he got a year or two in Memphis. Everyone thought the trade that brought him in for Pau was Memphis doing LA a favor.
    ZBo is popular in Memphis. He does plenty to help the less fortunate, and his reputation as a jailblazer is overblown.
    And he had a few 20-10 seasons in Memphis.

12. oelman44

oelman44 Member

They continue to make the playoffs with some of the biggest scrub squads I've ever seen. There not done yet

13. what

what Member

This is memphis!

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You all can still make the playoffs without Randolph.

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I don't really like the Grizzlies at all, but I respect the **** out of what Z-Bo did in that city. He was a cult hero, and it's precisely BECAUSE he was a "lunch pail" type of guy that everybody loved him. To say he's not tough is ridiculous. And what does his being a member of the Jail Blazers have anything to do with his toughness, anyways?? That was a part of his career that he's clearly learned from, and moved on from.

Lovemachine2000 and RudyTBag like this.
  16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Or here....

[​IMG]

CantBeRight and ghettocheeze like this.
  17. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

ghettocheeze likes this.
  18. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

[​IMG]

19. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Would Love to trade for Gasol, but all we got is Ryno. It's like going to the strip club and all you got is a $5 bill.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dayum, the Celts gonna be a team.