1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Otto Porter agrees to $106M max deal with Brooklyn Nets.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JonathanK, Jul 4, 2017.

1. JonathanK

JonathanK Member

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Just LOL

Keep getting that big pay check young guy

amaru and Pen15clubber like this.
  3. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

4. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

lol makes perfect sense for brooklyn they have no other way to add talent. boston fleeced em lol

Pen15clubber and BigMaloe like this.
  5. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

This will be matched most likely.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol NJ is dumb. wash would also be dumb to match at max

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

So, when is it appropriate to report someone missing? Woj has been kidnapped, probably in Shams' trunk right now!

Pen15clubber likes this.
  8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Wash has nothing going for them. I'm with you, hate paying max for Otto, but to be left with nothing? I get that not all teams will be championship contenders, but if they don't match Otto what are they building towards? At least in the East they will always have the hope of pulling an upset. They were pretty close to the conference finals this past season. As painful as it might be, I think it is best that they match, unless they trade for the equivalent of Otto, and I just don't see it.

Little Bit and BigMaloe like this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

whats the sf market looking like.

otto is no where near worth max value. unless its completely dry, theres no way i would commit a max to a sf that isn't even that type of player. a good gm would find a way somehow to get atleast good value from someone else bc otto is not the type of player that is hard to replace to me

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Do you think Rudy Gay could fill in for Otto? I don't know what his time table is looking like for when he will return from his injury. I'm not going to pretend like I watched a bunch of Otto Porter this season, because I didn't. Do you have a good grasp of his talent? Do you think there is any room for improvement, borderline all star perhaps?

I'm just thinking from Washington's perspective and how do they replace his production. From glancing at his stats, the guy does look replaceable. I don't know how good he is defensively, maybe he makes a difference there? I definitely like to hear from someone that watches the Wizards.

11. Garner

Garner Member

That's such a shitty contract to have to match. Enjoy mediocrity, WiZARds.

12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

If Porter improves on his last season slightly (and he has improved every single year), and then just gives them that for 4 years, he's worth over $20m. He is going to continue to get better, this is a guy who is at the early part of his prime. Not a big deal. They'll match the offer and then dump someone else. Porter is their new starting PF.

They need to dump Mahinmi urgently though. I would give someone Oubre and Mahinmi for an expiring. They'll be fine.

Vivi likes this.
  13. theh

theh Member

sham god

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

LOFs everywhere are praying Washington matches. Otto Porter death threats could follow. Stay tuned.

15. malakas

malakas Member

so Wizards out of revenge for this offer will tie up BKN's money till the 12th of July by delaying the process.

amaru likes this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

otto has improved into a solid 3 and D wing. he's not a franchise player though and has a lot of work to do if he wants to be that type. he definitely benefited from all the attention wall/beal got and played well off of them. if he's going to improve, the nets isn't exactly the ideal place to do it with such a horrible team.

17. Chamillionaire

Wow. He can't really create for himself or others. He's a glorified spot up 3&D like an Ariza when he was with them.

John Wall is a hoss.

amaru and Pen15clubber like this.
  18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

lolol what? He's the definition of a valuable complementary player. WHen you have him next to John Wall or James Harden he looks really good. When you have him next to Jeremy Lin - porboably not so much.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You have a lot more faith in him than I do.

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

"Glorified"

He shot .43 from three last year and 57% on 2s. He had a true shooting percentage of 63%! He was one of the most efficient players in the entire NBA.

Trevor Ariza doesn't even dream of numbers like that.