1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

High percentage landing Paul Milsap to the Rockets according to ESPN

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KALIKULI, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i'm struggling to think about what the compensation would be. If anderson is a negative asset, that third team will require compensation, as you point out. it's hard to know what fair compensation is. It would seem that something akin to the value of a draft pick would be fair compensation, but we don't really have anything approaching that value, save for Capela and Gordon (and we should not be trading either).

I'm assuming the motivation for ATL would be generating a trade exception, right? But TO presumably would have had the same motivation on Tucker, and so far it sounds like they are not playing ball. Which means, as you also point out, they would require compensation, and it's really hard to know what that is.

So this is a long way of asking: do we have valuable compensation beyond Gordon and Capela (who we should not be trading)? Who do we have in Europe? what draft picks do we have left to trade? How much value does that 7 footer from Louisville we got last year have? Does anyone have a good handle on rockets assets not named Gordon and Capela ...or Ariza for that matter?

2. Houston_Rockets

OK, so the difference between us is that you believe that Milsap is as good/ has the same impact has Draymond, fair enought.

I think Green has Superstar level impact in the game, even tho his raw skill is not superstar like. To me if you want to compete, you need your third guy to have that much impact in the game, and to me Milsap doesn't.

And you don't want me to talk about Love, the most overrated superstar out there, and the big reason why IMO Cleveland doesnt compete with GSW

mockster likes this.
  3. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

Morey is stupid for trading all of our assets in the cp3 deal. Now we have nothing to package with ryno

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

You're just missing that we don't know how much he would be paid, especially here, if he would take 25x (which is what some reports were saying btw) it's a no brainer, it's 5M more than Anderson...worth every penny.

5. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Bingo. Millsap's defense and passing will always help us and being able to score 16-18 points while doing it is just a bonus. We're talking about a four time all-star that is used to doing the dirty work. That is a rare commodity that fits perfectly next to two superstars. We don't need another high usage guy that's a defensive liability.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  6. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

He would be our Draymond Green-type. You really need a scrappy guy on a true championship contending team.

7. icewill36

icewill36 Member

I don't think it's fair to blame love. Golden state is literally the most stacked team of all time. Not matching up well with one team doesn't mean he's no good. If Kevin Durant actually wanted the satisfaction of grinding it out and working for a ring instead of taking the easiest route possible then it's an even matchup that could go either way.

I agree about draymonds impact and milsap not being as good. I don't care that much we won't get him, but I'll be disappointed if we can't land Melo.

8. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Eh, if there a third team willing to take Anderson, I dont even think the Rockets entertain Millsap. I think they call NYC and tell them to ship us Carmelo Anthony.

That is assuming that they do not think Melo will not be bought out soon + sign with us on the cheap later.

9. amaru

amaru Member

They'd be dangerous.

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

They must be expecting KAT to move to center.

11. Coach E

Coach E Member

This is June 30th.

They already signed Gibson. Not happening

HakeemOnlyFan, amaru and mockster like this.
  12. mockster

mockster Member

Cash considerations?

13. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

So we have Bima saying Milsap is at least possible financially speaking.

Doc Rocket stating that Milsap's salary is about to "take off" (Rockets?).

We have Codman saying that's the "sticky stuff that grows on trees" (sap) is beautiful.

I mean this is all pretty thin considering the last official report was we haven't even spoken to Sap or Atlanta because we don't think we have the assets to nab him.

I would love more information because with Blake, Lowry, Ibaka, and George gone, Melo in a stalemate, and Hayward narrowed down to two (I believe?) teams, Milsap is the last big name left on the market so nabbing him would be HUGE for this team. But All official reports are saying he is Denver bound, really sucks.

amaru likes this.
  14. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Could be that it's all under wraps right now from Morey's team to try and make sure they can secure other FA's before getting to Millsap whom they've been in contact with? Just throwing a theory out there.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  15. mockster

mockster Member

Draymond green is defiantly a star like player, he's the ultimate team player though, he gives what the team needs. Only PF ik that one night can have 5 points 13 assist and the next night have like 30 points and 15 rebounds. He's crazy versatile in that aspect.

And his defense is obviously too notch

16. Houston09

Houston09 Member

Paul millsap would be a better fit for this team then Anderson, love.

17. mockster

mockster Member

Well he did get Chris Paul for it sooo.. lol

HakeemOnlyFan and bmd like this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

deserves its own thread. I'm serious

19. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Found a new acronym for this...IDIOT

It
    Deserves
    Its
    Own
    Thread

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

WHY DIDNT I SEE IT BEFORE!? It make sense! It all makes sense. EVERYTHING IS CLEAR!!
    [​IMG]

hakeem94, Ramo$e, ROCK3TM4N and 8 others like this.