1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anime watchers out there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Marteen, May 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Sorry I missed this. You are going to completely disagree here, but you have to take it within context. Kind of like Wilt may have been playing against dwarf's but still had crazy records....Dragonball Z--- when anime first started making waves here was like the greatest **** in the world. I think it just has a special place.

These in no particular order are #1: FMA, psychopass, code geass, cowboy bebop, SOA (1st season),

One punch man/ Mob psycho I enjoyed just as much but I don't feel they earned that spot yet.

2nd tier: Akame Ga Kill, stein's gate, Erased, aldnoah zero, Black Lagoon, HOTD, Champloo, Fate/Zero, Parasyte.

Sure I'm missing some but there you have it. I know black lagoon isn't mentioned often...so if you haven't please watch it.

Yung-T likes this.
  2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Inexcusible, you aren't allowed to have that opinion about DBZ. Adjusts hipster glasses while complaining about how overrated it is.

I of course agree. It's like Super Mario Bros. or Sonic the Hedgehog are to video games. Plenty of games have come along that are better in almost every way imaginable, but you would have never cared about any of these other games if you didn't love those games so much in the first place.

Back in the late 90's early 00's, DBZ was appointment viewing, and I never would have wasted my time with Cowboy Bebop if not for DBZ. 16 years later I'm still tracking every season to look for some anime to watch.

3. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

I respect DBZ for how it got me into anime just like I respect Lil wayne for getting me into rap. I dont ever listen to lil wayne anymore. I realized he was overrated. Nostaglia member berries be damned.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I dun even remember what got me into anime....

5. joesr

joesr Member

Ninja Scroll, Escaflowne and the Record of Lodoss War

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Thanks for mentioning SOA, it's f****in crazy how so many people trash it.

Feel like this is solely a result of internet circlejerks.

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

When they were actually in SOA, it was awesome. Probably a solid 9 in my book.

But man did the quality fall off hard when they went to fairy world, or whatever in the hell is was in the second half

joesr, Jmcballer88 and DreamShook like this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The last half of season 1 was absolute garbage. When homeboy left the hospital, it was all downhill from there.

Jmcballer88 and sealclubber1016 like this.
  9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Man I just checked and you're right. Somehow remembered wrong and thought the fairy arch was in season 2.

10. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Yea I put off watching it for a long time b.c of that. When I did randomly one day it drew me in just like all the top other shows. After they left that world though it just became bad.

Jmcballer88 likes this.
  11. Jmcballer88

It was pretty good.

12. Jmcballer88

Just started Parasyte...

13. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Its a good show, kind of dark tbh.

Also watch the others I've listed there!

Jmcballer88 likes this.
  14. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

The ending was a bit of a letdown for me. Still a pretty good anime overall though.

Jmcballer88 likes this.
  15. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

no love for Gintama???
    top 3 for me

16. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Is it good?

Tried getting into it a few months ago. But the first ten episodes put me to sleep every time I tried watching.

17. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

I really like Knights of Sidonia on Netflix. Very fun and I just love a setting taken place thousands or even millions of years into the future.

18. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

well what really makes the show so great for me is how it does a good job of being a parody anime but at the same time when it gets serious, the storylines are damn good.

it starts slow but then it starts getting into gintoki's past and what happened to he and his friends' master. the comedy might not be for everyone though and thats my favorite part of it because i think its hilarious

DudeWah likes this.
  19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I absolutely hated it and stopped watching around episode 4 or 5, tell me how you like it.
    The main character was the most annoying one of any anime I've ever watched.

20. Jmcballer88

Im on episode 8 the main character is not bad. He gets much more badass around episode 6. Stops being a little bish.