1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to speak with CJ miles tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 30, 2017.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Tobias Harris would be a get. He's kind of a melo light in terms of play style .

BigMaloe, DonKnock, malakas and 2 others like this.
  2. Vivi

Vivi Member

I hope we can somehow make a 3 way deal with Ryan to Detroit, Harris to Atlanta and Millsap here...

Embrace the clutch likes this.
  3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm sure that Morey has been looking for a 3 way deal to unload Ryan, but he hasn't found any takers. I don't think this will be at all attractive to the Hawks.

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Codman just posted some speculation about Ryan being unloaded soon, with Atlanta, Chicago in the mix or something...lol, fingers crossed

5. saleem

Thanks bud.

Vivi likes this.
  6. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

7. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Ibaka confirmed

chievous minniefield and Zboy like this.
  8. saleem

I hope not. We can ill afford to be stuck with another long term contract.

9. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

He's out of our price range and I hear that he'll be locked in shortly.

Sidestory: Ibaka is a drama queen. He starts confrontation in locker rooms, especially with younger players who don't respect his legacy. He's not a guy you'd have dinner with as a teammate. If you want chemistry in Htown, say no him. Sure, he and James respect one another, but they aren't tight like James/KD/Russ (before he became Super-HeMan-RickyDavis-Chucking-TripleDoubles-AndShootingHisTeamToLosses...okay, harsh, but when I see him next to that scumbucket Steven Adams, I can't help it. You know that wig Steve wears smells like socks and a bowling ball that had Peter Griffin's fingers from a Popeye's Bucket in there.

Alright, I'm off for the night. More tomorrow.

Fingers crossed for a couple of guys to take us to that next level. And fingers crossed for the FreeBirds that need Htown for new life. EGO got new life here, SweetLou got some good months and James Harden is the ultimate FreeBird as a 6th man becoming an MVP.

Finally, Finally Houston is a desired location for free agents. 6 teams called my boy NeNe. Some with better offers. He loves the city, his teammates (esp. Trev/James/EGo) and said Htown, because I make these weak boys Lean. Okay, that was lame. Goodnight.

All Love

10. Asian Sensation

11. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Depending on the price I would take him easily over JJ Redick. He's a worse 3 point shooter but it's almost impossible to finish games with Redick unless you put Harden at the 3. CJM can play 3 positions on this team and will be very happy to stand in the corner and hoist 3's at a respectable clip. Neither CJM or Redick provide much in rebounding but Redick just doesn't fit well here (too many guards).

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Tobias can score.... harhar

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Holic is underground, planning another illogical argument for a playmaker.

#53 daywalker02, Jul 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

No one's confirmed obviously, but I remember reading that the guesses for the Orlando and Detroit targets are Vucevic and Tobias Harris respectively.[/QUOTE]

I think Elfrid Payton and Jeff Green are possibilities too. Both in Orlando and in his signature. That's assuming Go Green is Jeff Green. The AbelXO should be Elfrid Payton as the owner of that twitter handle is a famous musician with somewhat similar hairstyles.

saleem and daywalker02 like this.
  15. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

I think Elfrid Payton and Jeff Green are possibilities too. Both in Orlando and in his signature. That's assuming Go Green is Jeff Green. The AbelXO should be Elfrid Payton as the owner of that twitter handle is a famous musician with somewhat similar hairstyles.[/QUOTE]
    Good one. Jeff Green seems like he would be a let down. Over the past few years he hasn't loved up to the hype. Has the tools, but just can't get to that next level. Elfrid would be a good replacement for Bev. He is a very good defensive guard. Can't shoot, but that wouldn't be his role here as a backup PG. Plut him in when CP sits and play him with Harden.

Vucevic or Harris would be really good.

16. saleem

Is C.J. Miles a decent perimeter defender?

17. don grahamleone

Good one. Jeff Green seems like he would be a let down. Over the past few years he hasn't loved up to the hype. Has the tools, but just can't get to that next level. Elfrid would be a good replacement for Bev. He is a very good defensive guard. Can't shoot, but that wouldn't be his role here as a backup PG. Plut him in when CP sits and play him with Harden.

Vucevic or Harris would be really good.[/QUOTE]

I'm not claiming to know anything, just helping decipher the "codman code".

18. don grahamleone

Number 1000 ;)

19. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Miles could still be on our radar. Easily attainable with the non-guaranteed's if the bigger plan (whatever it is) doesn't materialize and would fit nicely as another backup wing. I'd be all for it.

Aruba77 likes this.
  20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member