1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets acquire Jarrod Uthoff

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 29, 2017.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Just LOL.

I love the enthusiasm for a D-League guy the Rockets paid cash for as a nonguaranteed contract that is likely to get traded before the season starts.

But .... we all know tall white players here just make folks go nuts. I have no idea what it is, but there is just something about white guys.

And lets stop acting like Uthoff is a guy you've been scouting for years, and know so much about. I bet until yesterday 99% of the people here have never even heard of the guy, and just watch a couple youtube clips and now think they know a star when they see one... until the next guy comes around on the end of the bench.

But I hope you guys are right about the next Dirk Nowitzki we just scored for a wad of cash.

MoonBus, Wapzoe and cheke64 like this.
  2. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I really hope Houston is not pulling a 97 rockets and trading Everyone for us to have just 3 stars. Especially not to overpay Melo. Signing a modern day Matt Maloney is a Dumb MOVE! Get the three stars and see what aging Vet is willing to be part of something special. There are going to be ring chasers once our lineup is set.

hongxingli likes this.
  3. basketballholic

1. What do you know about him?

2. How much video have you watched of him?

3. What basketball skill(s) is Uthoff not as good or better than Ryan Anderson?

4. What basketball skill(s) is Uthoff as good as or better than Ryan Anderson?

When you can answer all those questions accurately and truthfully then come back and laugh at guys like me that have done their homework.

I didn't say he was Dirk. Because he's not. He's not as big, not as long. He'll never dominate matchups like Dirk can, did, and does. I said he's better than Anderson, he's an ideal fit for MDA, and he's plug-and-play ready for our rotation.

You're the same guy that told us that Terence was a good player and was going to get even better when I was telling you that he was a bottom of the roster player and would likely be out of the Association in five years. Of course, you laughed and mocked then too. Frankly your race jokes are stupid.

I have put considerable.time into studying Uthoff. And I'm not afraid to say what I know. Everybody on here is complaining about Anderson right now. Can't justify his contract. Can't do anything good but shoot. And can't even do that well for 41 home games. And you think it's outrageous for me to say Uthoff is better than him. You should be saying that's a given and tell me I'm not even out on a limb.

Instead you go the other way with some fake hypothetical dialogue that Anderson is the better player. LOL. Just like with your constant defense and promotion of Terrence, the joke's on you....again.

hakeem94 and Why not? like this.
  4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Bruh you got to quit bringing up Rubio lmao

I like his potential, seems like a Robert Covington type, that being said it's currently just potential. I would never pencil in potential over a proven player like you do but whatever. Would like to see what he's got on this team, but your're hyping up a guy who was likely acquired as salary filler later on.

5. basketballholic

Proven player? What did Anderson prove?

Give me potential any day over that kind of proof. Just silly. Lol. Goodness.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Anderson hasn't proven anything as a nba player?

Pure insanity.

I love Oliver like you love Uthoff, with that being said, Oliver hasn't proven he can do anything at the next level yet and I wouldn't say he's currently better then Anderson, same with Uthoff.

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

I love how Babadookholic names of these scrubs and talks about how they're ready to step in and contribute NOW.

The only way this guy is better than Anderson is maybe per dollar.

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Perhaps instead of playing Anderson the NBA will allow Uthoff and another white PF (not named Dmo) to play at the same time, for a total of 6 players.

Because that is about the only damn way he would better than Ryan Anderson and/or increase the chances of beating one of the best teams ever assembled the Warriors.

9. basketballholic

Doesn't matter what Oliver is or isn't in relation to Uthoff. They're two separate players. You can't lump both guys together and make them the same just because they are unproven.

Scouting is the ability to find and recognize talent and skills. Anybody can tell you that Kareem is a better player than Joe Barry Carroll. Its history. They could even tell you that after about 1985. But could they tell you that when Carroll was a rookie? Very few could.

Anderson has proven he can't defend any position effectively, he's an average rebounder, and he can't ssh something but shoot and at home he even sucks at that. That's Anderson. That's what he has proven.

Like I say, I've seen enough of both Anderson and Uthoff. You'll eventually come to the same conclusion. But it will be after the fact, not before.

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I wouldn't mind keeping this kid.

I see potential.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

lou
    one question: why did DAL give him away?

12. basketballholic

Can't explain that right now. But I think we're gonna find out shortly. CC?

13. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

they are stupid, and bbh is 1000 times smarter than them, at least for basketball talent evaluation.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  14. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Are you thinking of a Capela/Noel swap, with Noel potentially routed to a third team (such as Indiana)?

Slight aside - Uthoff's film is nice and I think he could be a rotation guy in the NBA, but we haven't seen him produce consistently at the NBA level yet. It's a bit extreme to say that he is definitively better than Ryno

15. basketballholic

I realize it's a bit extreme to say it. But......That doesn't mean it isn't true.

As to your question about Noel/Capela, I know MDA loves Noel. I know we were trying to get Noel at the deadline but the Mavs made a better offer. I know Morey was trying to trade for Noel when he was drafted. And now we know the Mavs handed us these two contracts for cash. And I know the Mavs liked Uthoff very much, had no plans to cut him loose, and were planning on him being in their top 7 this year. I also know one other fact that I can't mention right now that adds to this pile of facts substantially.

Now, based on what I know, I'm saying something is up with us and Dallas. Dallas has no reason to help us do anything. And if there is one team in the Association that wants to beat us and see us fail, it's Dallas. So, for them to be helping us at this time, knowing we've acquired Paul and we're trying to get George/Melo/others and build a super team.........there's something afoot between the two franchises. At this time I don't have further information other than one piece of information I'm withholding that is not related to the Mavs at least at this time, but I'm questioning time myself whether it could actually be linked to the Mavs. If I find out that it is linked to Mavs I may hint at it later.

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Haha. Someone is off their meds lately. I love it.

Congrats... you watched a whole three more YouTube clips than I did. Way to do your homework.

And yes Terrence Jones was the GOAT. Should have given him a max extension and be our starting PF today.

Seriously though... who do you think more gets PT this year on an NBA team this year... Uthoff, DMo, or Jones?

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

_holic off the meds again. This dude told us Kyle Whitljer who was D league material is better than Ryan Anderson. Josh Harrellson, Spencer Dinwiddie, DoMo etc

he loves him his scrubs....

18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

It's like the big conspiracy. Players AND teams seem focused on offering up something that can truly compete with the Warriors. None of those teams had to help us and yet ALL of those teams did. It's interesting considering we have been getting shat on for the last few years.

19. basketballholic

Wiltjer is better than Anderson. Did you watch the playoffs?

20. basketballholic

Tell you what. You state your opinion on the order of magnitude of each players NBA playing time next season and I will state my opinion and we'll see who is closest to being right after it's over.