1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Media Conspiracy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Daddy Long Legs, Mar 30, 2017.

1. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

i could watch this video all day

"this just an AWFUL matchup for the spurs"

-kevin harlan

Reeko and DonKnock like this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I started hearing that Harden didn't have a great game from ESPN and all I could do was smh. Harden carved up that spurs defense and didn't have to play in the 4th. When did 14 assists in a blow out win become mundane? It's cool.. hopefully Harden can do it again tonight.

#202 DreamShook, May 3, 2017
    Last edited: May 3, 2017
    BigM, Reeko, Daddy Long Legs and 3 others like this.
  3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

The media is ridiculous . If the series before was a bad matchup and this is a bad matchup ... Who the hell constitutes a good matchup lol ? Portland ?

It's not a bad matchup . We just played better , a lot better . The Spurs will probably play better next game , and we will have to stay at the same level or inprove if we want to take another game in SA. Furthermore , if SA starts playing well they aren't going to drop off . This series could still turn into a dog-fight

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

James Harden completed dominated in game 1 as much as I have ever seen someone dominate. He was prime Magic Johnson out there with a three pointer. People are sleeping on him, and that's okay by me. Crossing my fingers for another merciless beat down to shut these fools up.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Game 1 was lowkey one of the best playoff games of his career. The way he controlled the tempo and was diming guys up all night was a thing of beauty.

How damn good are u as a basketball player that u can drop 20 and 14 in 3 quarters on the road against a 61 win team and fools can actually open their mouths and say that u didn't have a great game??

RudyTBag, BigM, DonKnock and 2 others like this.
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Media Conspiracy. ;)

7. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

What's underneath is the media and clutch fans alike including myself really reminiscing the past rivalry. I love all of it!

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  8. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Who cares, its not like he averaged a triple double or is the best "2-way player" in the game :rolleyes:

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

JR Smith just attempted a 40 foot 3 pointer . . . Marv said it was from "WAAAYYY DOWNTOWN . . . That was practically a HOUSTON ROCKETS 3 pointer." :D

media conspiracy

D-rock and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

All Kawhi all the time! Kahwi could have the greatest playoff run of all time.

oh and Kawhi has no help..

11. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Kawhi currently has a TS% of .726% oh and 30.25 ppg.

12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/05/...n-opportunity-flat-game-3-against-san-antonio

In return home, Houston Rockets squander golden opportunity with flat offensive performance
    James Harden scores 43 points on 50 percent shooting, but teammates shot 18 of 60 from the field in Game 3 loss to San Antonio Spurs
    [​IMG]
    Sekou Smith NBA.com
    @SekouSmithNBA
    May 6, 2017 1:39 AM ET

HOUSTON — He didn’t have to say it for everyone else to know exactly what he was thinking, what he and the rest of the Houston Rockets were thinking.

Whatever opportunity they created in their Game 1 rout of the San Antonio Spurs earlier this week vanished Friday night at Toyota Center.

All season long James Harden and the Rockets have done their best to challenge the conventional wisdom that, as good as they are, they are simply not in the same class of championship-caliber team as the Golden State Warriors and Spurs.

Yet with a chance to prove it, they fell flat in a Game 3 slugfest the Spurs won 103-92, without future Hall of Fame point guard Tony Parker, who is done for the series after surgery to repair a torn quad earlier in the day.

The Spurs snatched home court advantage back in this series by winning their second straight game and leaving the Rockets, beaten to the punch basically all night, to wonder what might have been had they could scrap their way to what could have been their most critical win all season.

And they are not nearly as effective when they can’t get out in transition and take advantages of mismatches and cross matches that favor them. They lit up the scoreboard with 22 made 3-pointers in Game 1 of this series. They made a combined 23 in Games 2 and 3 and dropped to 1-5 on the season when held to 98 points or less.

“Well, they are doing a better job of getting back,” Rockets coach Mike D’Antoni said of what changed for his team in transition. “They did have 21 turnovers but we just didn’t convert them. We did get after it … but you know it becomes a slugfest. And you know they made big shots, we didn’t.”

The Rockets, for all of their offensive fireworks this season, are not made for a slugfest. Not when their big men get outworked by LaMarcus Aldridge and Pau Gasol in the way they did, protecting the rim and closing off all the angles for the easy shots that the Rockets drilled them on in Game 1. Not when Harden is forced into a role as a scorer first, second and third and a facilitator last (he scored 43 points but had just five assists). And certainly, not when Ryan Anderson plays his first 28 minutes without scoring a point and he, Lou Williams and Nene combine to shoot 0-for-13 from the floor and finish with three points between them.
    sadly, more at the link

13. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

14. Daddy Long Legs

plenty of media conspiracy since the trade. media love cp3 and hates harden.

how does the media conspiracy reconcile these interests when they talk about the rockets?

DonKnock likes this.
  15. Coach E

Coach E Member

They basically dodged it with a lot of talk about Phil being fired. Then did the whole "this is all because the clippers don't want to pay CP3 the max at 37, it was LA who said no."

Then for the rockets part it was "we don't know think they will be better, these guys are too ball dominate" or "still not even close to GS"

Amazing how espn can spin this. We made a huge trade, and became the 2nd best team in the NBA by adding a future HOF and top 10 talent, and they make it seem as if we got the bad end of the deal

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I promised myself I would never enter this thread again.

I'm here.

I failed.

17. Daddy Long Legs

im actually pretty curious to see what the popular media narrative is now. they will dodge it as much as possible during the season because most are terrified of giving a wrong predicition.

it really is interesting to see how they spin this. they hate harden but they love chris paul. does this make them hate chris paul or love james harden?

DonKnock likes this.
  18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Media really loves Chris Paul. I mean they REALLY LOVE him. I suspect they will simply Tolerate Harden and the Rockets.

I watched the various sports programming yesterday (after not watching at all since Game 5), They pretty much focused on the impact on the Clippers and not how it changed the Rockets (much). It was almost as if they were talking about CP3 independent of both teams.

DonKnock likes this.
  19. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Suck my bleep media:p

20. Daddy Long Legs

I hope they read dis

DonKnock likes this.