1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2017 NFL Draft/1-12] Deshaun Watson

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 27, 2017.

?

Do you like the decision to trade up & select Deshaun Watson?

1. Yes

90.8%
  2. No

9.2%
  1. texian

texian Member

Big arms are overrated. Teddy was accurate short/intermediate and made quick decisions.

Peyton Manning, Joe Montana had some success with same. Brady had years where he dinked & dunked his way to a ring.

stevel likes this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He did some dink and dunk, but he didn't really have much success as a QB before he got hurt, he was looking REALLY busty even before his leg shattered under the stress of a random 5 step drop in practice with no one around him. I get that some had him hyped as the next Joe Montana or Aaron Rodgers and it's hard to walk that back so there's a desire to try and re-write history (not saying that's what you are doing), but the Vikings had better QB play out of Sam Bradford. So while it's true that QB's can have success with noodle arms, Teddy wasn't.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Can't say Teddy would have been Derek Carr level but he would have been much better than what we've been dealing with (if it weren't for injuries).

In his sophmore season he led the Vikings to a 11-5 record (first in the NFC North) and first round playoff (damn near win against the juggernauts of the Seahawks if it weren't for Blair) lose and that was with a receivers class that was led by Stefon Diggs, Charles Johnson, and Cordarelle Patterson...... not much outside of Diggs.

As much as that douchehole above likes to claim everyone had him HOF bound we knew his limits. He was a work in progress QB that made great reads and moved the ball down the field. Derek Carr has had great weapons on offense since his sophomore season highlighted by Amari Cooper and Michael Crabtree and it looks like they only continue to grow.

No one was ******** on Clowney when he was injured calling him busty, but it's cool I'm glad we have a pro-bowl DE/OLB that we can (hopefully) count on being a HOF like JJ Watt one day.

Oh and to say Sam Bradford was better is a disgrace, what exactly was it that he lead that Vikings team to last season... (8-8) while forfeiting their first round pick this past draft for him. Jacksh*t.

Alas, we have Watson now... so I say some people need to let go of the past and let it be... especially now that we have a black QB of our own on our hands that has a chance to be much better.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I like that most of this is factually inaccurate. There were tons of people here calling Clowney a bust when he got injured, there were tons of people here saying that Teddy Bridgewater was the next Aaron Rodgers or Joe Montana, Bridgewater NEVER showed that he could have been "much better" than what we've dealt with the last several years given that he was an interception machine, saying Sam Bradford was better is just a factually accurate statement so saying that's a "disgrace" makes you look stupid, and best of all your "now that we have a black QB of our own" comment shows exactly what you think is important when it comes to QB's.

I honestly hope that one day you can rise above this kind of thing and become a better poster.

texian likes this.
  6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Are we still arguing about Watson's exit velocity? Jeeesh, let the kid get some reps with pro coaches and pro developers please.

K-Low_4_Prez likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And just for fun, I'll post your boy Bridgewater "in a nutshell"

TD - 28
    INT - 21
    FUM - 11

That's 29 games....Bradford had 20 TD's in 15.

Seriously kid, I feel like you are just trying to get attention with this stupidity.

8. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Let's just move on from the sideshow bob and just talk about how weak Watson's arm velocity is... I mean that's another great reason as to why someone can't be a good QB.

Right Tommy!

[​IMG]

Bäumer, Fulgore and tmacfor35 like this.
  10. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Deshaun Watson scissor kicked Angela Lansbury.
    He drives an ice-cream truck covered in skulls

NotInMyHouse, stevel and FLASH21 like this.
  11. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

this is gonna sound stalkerish but

my cousin lives next door to him in the galleria area. He just moved in. Saw him on the elevator last night, said whats up. He was surprised I knew him.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

RockHEAD rule.

vinsensual, Plowman and RasaqBoi like this.
  13. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Creepy pics or didn't happen

Creepy Crawl likes this.
  14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Did you tell him you thought he sucked?

Plowman and RasaqBoi like this.
  15. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

He had a Latin girl with him. Pics will come next time.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Deshaun Watson: I’ll be ready when Texans need me

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/07/12/deshaun-watson-ill-be-ready-when-texans-need-me/

MadMax likes this.
  17. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There might not be a change.

18. mick fry

mick fry Member

Savage will look like the first professionsl qb since the Schaub glory days, Watson will be trade bait by year 3.

19. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

[​IMG]

NotInMyHouse likes this.
  20. raining threes

How many black QB's have won Lombardi's?

I think Cam can break the trend.

Watson not so much. Hopefully I'm wrong.