1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[DC Cinema] Wonder Woman

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Mar 28, 2016.

1. jaru

jaru Member

Are you kidding me? comparing wonder woman to that garbage?
    This movie deserves all the Oscars. No joke.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

o_O

OmegaSupreme and Obito like this.
  3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Wonder woman had a very Captain America vibe to it. Maybe it was the historical setting.

4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Saw it last night. House was packed on discount Tuesdays at Cinemark.

It was alright. Maybe a 6-7/10. Watchable, but nothing great.

Gadot's acting was wooden at times, but I expected it to be. The final villain and last act were all kinds of WTF out of left field as power levels skyrocket to OP and lame CGI. I didn't expect them to go all Interstellar theme on us, either. Once Wonder Woman wins, then all the Germans decide to be bros again.

The best parts were definitely the first two acts. Themyscira was beautifully shot. Wonder Woman having to adapt to the world of man was good. But that third act was just typical DC OP destruction.

hvic likes this.
  5. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

DC characters are pretty OP with the exception of Bats & Green Arrow.

Imo the CGI in the last part could've been better but Wonder Woman & certainly the last villain, were portrayed accurately concerning their power.

Movie was great, not TDK great but great nonetheless. 8/10 for me, Gal Gadot is a perfect woman.

GRENDEL likes this.
  6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If a superhero movies is going to win "all the Oscars" this year, it's not WW, it would be Logan. That's not to say WW was a bad movie or anything, it wasn't, it was the best DC non-animated movie since the Nolan years. It's just not Oscar worthy IMO. Sure the director will be in the running for the sake of diversity, but if this was a Marvel movie, it would be just another solid addition to a long list of solid superhero movies with a little bit more love than normal due to the fact that a headlining female superhero was finally handled appropriately.

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

5/10 overrated

fba34 likes this.
  9. dmoneybangbang

Good movie. 7/10. The ending was a little bit silly.

Logan was the best comic book movie for me this by far.

10. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I thought it was fine, but nothing out of the ordinary. Every pitch was telegraphed and nothing about the plot was a surprise. I also felt the love story was totally unnecessary - the two mains' actions at the end would've made perfect sense without a love angle, but they inserted it anyway.

fba34 likes this.
  11. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Eh, I thought it all happened pretty organically and didn't seem forced. Nor was it really given that much air time. I almost think it would have been more unbelievable if they didn't address a love angle.

I'm going back and forth between 7 and 8 out of 10. My rating may be inflated by how bad other DC movies have been, but I definitely enjoyed it.

12. Cranberry_Juice

Steve Trevor is the real hero.

13. Roscoe Arbuckle

I might be redundant with this comment, but Gal Gadot was in a f***ing army. She is an absolute badass. I love Linda Carter, but this is an awesome recast.

Only because I'm old...

B-Bob and GRENDEL like this.
  14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

WW was good. Pretty lady strong. 7/10

It was set during WW1. Where was she during WW2, the much nastier war?

15. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

In the comics, the DC heroes were prevented from interfering in WWII because Hitler was in possession of the Spear of Destiny. They kind of have to have some plot device to keep them out of the war, otherwise, why would Wonder Woman, Superman, et al. allow the Holocaust to happen?

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Doing Rosie the Riveter **** but shooting rivets out of her sweet lips and hammering them home with her fists.

Not sure on "much nastier." More bloodshed, more death, and more horrific technology for sure. I guess that is nastier, yes. But WWI was somehow more hopeless and desperate, IMHO. People literally sitting around for days knowing with no doubt that they would die once ordered to charge out of a trench. etc etc. And the distance between what they expected (glorious, quick war where valor would prevail! Did we mention quick?) and what they encountered was as big as it could get.

Yaosthirdleg and Invisible Fan like this.
  17. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I agree, from everything I read about trench warfare it was worse than what happened in WW2. Trench warfare is just a literal meat griner of attrition. That not to say that anything in WW2 was rosy but WW1 sounds worse on a personal solider level.....

18. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

so the bad dude, ares or aris, was her brother??

Obito likes this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ares would have been her half brother since Zeus (in this re-launch of her character, not in the original comics) would have been the father of both. Ares' mother was Hera, Diana's mother was Hippolyta who in Greek mythology was the daughter of Ares.....but I don't think they carried that over into the comics. That said, if we go by that Hippolyta origin it means Ares was Diana's half brother and grandfather.

20. nono

nono Member

It was so so good at the beginning. Then it just dragged on. That Luddendorf guy was such a pointless character. I still really liked it.