1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pat Bev on the trade block?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

You mean to say... a team is willing to trade one of their role players, in order to improve the team?

How hasn't Clutch made you some verified triple platinum have your picture on the banner of Clutchfans.net type of big deal? You're literally a prophet.

I don't think anyone else here could've seen this coming if not for you.

2. basketballholic

Apparently they couldn't. Everybody pushed back when I told them we were shopping Bev heavily. What was hilarious was the tip I received came from a well-respected poster here with front office connections...lol.

3. Fantasma Negro

James, he's worn 13 his whole life
    [​IMG]

Paul George has only been wearing 13 for two years because he liked wearing 13 in the Olympics, before that he wore 24, so he can switch back:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

5. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Have you grown to hate James Frauden?

Jontro and Fantasma Negro like this.
  6. Fantasma Negro

Thanks for correcting me, he can take whatever is available, 24+13= 37?

BigShasta likes this.
  7. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Why can't anyone just wear #69? I remember David Stern wouldn't allow Rodman to do it.

Players need to start reppin the 91 number or 99.

8. Fantasma Negro

I don't know if his brand would survive, its barely hanging on by a thread with the stripper babies lol. Make him feel special, give him #1, Ariza is on the way out anyway

RasaqBoi likes this.
  9. Fantasma Negro

So I'm guessing you're not putting in on the CP3 to Houston Ipad?

10. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Trading Bev shouldn't be discussed without Morey having solid info that says his master plan will come to fruition. If he trades Bev and then his plan falls apart there will be blood.

BigShasta likes this.
  11. Fantasma Negro

For real though, he traded Lin and a first round pick basically for Trevor Ariza because the Bosh thing fell apart and then last year traded Beasley for nothing hoping that Ennis could be a secret weapon. Before he says yes to trade Bev, Paul George and Chris Paul better be in the ****ing room with him

12. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Honest question, if we added Paul George and CP3 while gutting the rest of our roster does that really put us in position to beat Golden State?

Personally, I don't think it does. Durant broke the NBA when he decided to go to Golden State and there is nothing Morey or any other GM can do to change that.

It pisses me off that Morey is dangling our fan favorite and heart and soul of the team just to act like they're "trying" to do something. Especially when we know that no move they can make is going to matter in the end. I would rather Beverley stay and retire as a Rocket than go through this ****.

When does this never ending turnstile of personnel eventually run it's course? This is a ****ing clown show right now, especially if we don't end up landing anyone of significance.

13. 1Deep

1Deep Member

I think the Warriors
    I think the Warriors Dominance has forced teams to a crossroad in terms of their decision making. You either blow it up and bide your time until the Warriors begin to slip or you take crazy chances and go all in to try to compete. I don't think Morey could convince Les to blow it up and start over if his life depended on it.

14. Tha_Dude

meh, **** it man.

delete

15. 1Deep

1Deep Member

I agree. Even more disturbing is the fact that we aren't exactly a great defensive team in the first place and the most dependable defensive minded guys we have would be the ones on the trading block.

I personally think you need to add more defense minded guys to compete with the Warriors because you're simply not going to outscore them. And you absolutely have to have depth or you'll get worn down.

Tha_Dude likes this.
  16. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think it's worth trying @Tha_Dude, i mean, i get what you're saying, but at this point it's about to go all in or rebuild imo, just staying there in the middle is kinda like wasting years.

And i agree with you, would suck to lose Pat, but i'm not sure we would be forced to lose him in a scenario where we get Paul and George, i don't think so, but basically everybody between the main guys would be gone aside Harden, Capela and one between Pat, Ariza and maybe Gordon (might be more difficult to keep EG but i think it would be possible salary wise if he's not the guy Indiana would eventually ask for, which is what i expect though).

17. Tha_Dude

I'm not saying we shouldn't try to land better players, of course we should. But, I don't like how Beverley is the first name to pop up on the trade block. I would prefer Harden's name come up on the trade block before Beverley, because Beverley represents old school Clutch City more than any other player since that time.

18. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

It sucks but you have to realize the reason his name comes up is because he holds very good value. He's a great fit on any team. Contenders would love him. Fringe teams would love him. Even rebuilding teams trying to build an identity and locker room culture would love him.

I don't think it's us dangling him as much as its teams want him. I do believe Morey would have no problem moving him for an upgrade. But he isn't going to move him just to move him for say capspace.

If he's traded I think it's likely because we are getting a huge talent upgrade. Let's also be honest. This was his best overall season, he's got a phenomenal contract with team control left, and he's often injured because of how reckless his style of play is. If moving him helps you net a star or a good asset that's needed to acquire that star, well as much as it sucks but goodbye Bev.

#158 BigMaloe, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    ROXonROXonROX and Vivi like this.
  19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah definitely, but i think most of us agree with you on this. I guess he would be moved only if strictly necessary (which would suck anyway, i feel the same), i think Anderson, Lou, Gordon and even Trevor would all be moved before Pat.

20. Newlin

Newlin Member

Haha. No. Bev is on one of the most team friendly contracts in the entire NBA. We need picks to unload Anderson.

justtxyank likes this.