1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade for Paul George?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dash, Jun 18, 2017.

?

Considering the risk, would you trade for Paul George?

1. Yes

159 vote(s)
    87.8%
  2. No

22 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yup but I would be interested to see if Kawhi would have been this good defensively when learning from James good Defense Harden and JBB harhar.

2. rockets13champs

George to Cleveland is inevitable. But I think we need to deal with it same way we did to Cp3 to lakers that got rescinded by stern and we got Gasol. We need to acquire love for Cleveland in that 3 way

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

4. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

You make absolutely no sense. 16/2/2 on 40% with a PER 13 is not borderline all-star, it's called chucking, and are you seriously going back 7 years to support your ridiculous argument?

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Because you sound like we said Allstar...... Borderline Allstar means he has a long way to make Allstar but still has the Potential.

This does not mean he is Allstar bench material.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Gordon

FYI His best season was 22.3 ppg 4.4 apg 2.9 rpg 45%FG 36.4% 3pt, 1.3 spg

He just needed to up his assists and rebounds IMO to get there.

#65 daywalker02, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  6. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

To be fair, Morey did steal Parsons in the 2nd rd that same year.

threepointshot3 likes this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Ayyy don't forget about the Rockets!

[​IMG]

BigShasta likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Totally forgot who that is.

9. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

since Les doesn't want us to tank, the only other option to beat the warriors is to gamble on PG and hope to sign CP3 this off-season. We'll be stripped of Ryan, Lou and maybe even EG and we'll have to lose Ariza and possibly Bev but unless we do that, we'll be wasting another year of Harden's prime.

D'antoni will be forced to play Zhou Qi minutes which will probably make a lot of Chinese fans happy though.

BigShasta likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dayum, I do not know how Bobby Brown looks. He chalked the Great Wall.

#70 daywalker02, Jun 19, 2017
  11. basketballholic

Starter-Anderson
    Young player - Harell
    Two first round picks - 2018, trade Ariza for a first

BigShasta and Fantasma Negro like this.
  12. hakeemthagreat

Huh? Actually that team didnt suck. They finally got out the 1st rd, but the next years had injuries, trades & unecessary coaching changes. They played hard & u knew they would do anything to win

But i think fans like you are why Harden's allowed to flat out quit every year & have little to know pushback from Rocket fans. Your care not about winning, your more concerned w/ him simply passing Hakeem on the scoring list (which means absolutely nothing in the end). You get more excited about him leading the league in triple doubles than him quitting in the most important game of the season. You cant build a franchise around a player who picks & chooses,when he wants to compete

13. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

What's the point of winning 55 games when Playoff Harden becomes James Frauden?

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

If Ariza/Lou(and maybe Montrezl) and a couple first rounders actually gets that deal done, you do it. But I have a bad feeling the Pacers will demand and get more than that.

My two main concerns with George are 1) he's likely to bolt after next season and 2) he melted down in the playoffs. Granted it was off the court unlike Harden who did it on the court. But he seems way too volatile to rely on to lead this team in the postseason.

15. Fantasma Negro

This

1. Dude if we can get him here and get CP3, I know those are huge ifs but we could win a chip. Chris Paul, Paul George and James together on one team can win a championship. So if George comes we win, if he leaves after winning a championship to go to L.A just so he can be in more commercials that he really is a **** head. 2. He melted down off the court and was a shitty teammate on the court, this seems to be the narrative for lone superstar players on mediocre teams, I'm sure that MDA and if they're here Nene and CP3 can get his head straight on the court as for off the court, I hear Cap has a secret VIP entrance at Dreams and V Live, maybe ****ing strippers that don't prick condoms will help his off the court issues straight

#75 Fantasma Negro, Jun 19, 2017
  16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Parsons is a disaster.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Why didn't Hayward get a jersey that fits?

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

He was great for us. He's been an injured disaster for the Mavs and Grizz, and that's not a strike against the Rockets or Morey. If anything it's another feather in his cap!

19. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

Well the Lakers have #13 retired...so I guess they're out the question...

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  20. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

No, I wouldn't trade for him because he's already made it clear that he wants to play in L.A. Why should we give up the farm on a one year rental??

Makes no sense.