1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] Iron Fist (Netflix)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jan 19, 2016.

1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I'm about halfway through now. I had to take a break from it just like I did with Luke Cage, but I still don't think it is THAT bad. Not Daredevil or JJ good but I like a lot of the supporting cast. Ward and his dad are GREAT imo. Other than Mahershala Ali, the cast of Luke Cage sucked. I would put it 3rd out of the 4 right now. I don't think Iron Fist himself is great but I don't mind him. Foggy and Diamondback were 100x worse for me

daywalker02 likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not that bad.

Joy looks decent. Colleen is alright. Harold makes an average villain.

DD had Wilson Fisk and Matt Murdoch. Tough act to follow. I would want to see Wing and Misty Knight form a duo and crime fight.

3. conquistador#11

anyone else got the feeling Iron fist was going to consume one of those limitless pills? for those who watch the spin off limitless show. that's who iron fist reminded me of, brian finch w/o the pill.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sir Loras and Bradley Cooper? I see now.

5. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Really enjoyed this show and hoping for a season two.

6. hvic

hvic Member

just finished Iron Fist and thought it was okay. I agree with other poster that mentioned they could of cast a better Danny Rand

Pen15clubber likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think we have not seen Sir Loras of High Garden's potential just yet. I think he can be better.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The ending was super stupid
    Oh big surprise evil dad is the true bad guy and he falls off the cliff . The suddenly the sister teams up with Danny's best friend from Kung Fu and plot to kill him?

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Halfway through.

I'm entertained.

Luke Cage was the only one I didn't like/couldn't finish.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

unlike.

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Really? Luke was way more interesting than this dude

12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Jessica jones sucked. Luke cage sucked. This sucked.

Only good one has been daredevil so far.

13. Nero

Nero Member

So wrong. JJ was awesome, and it's a supreme shame we have not yet had a Season Two. I know the Defenders is coming up, but her first season was great. Now, granted, that was largely due to it having one of the best villains ever. So we'll see how her stuff goes from here.

Ranking:

1. DD 2
    Both seasons of DD were very good, but Season Two, with the introduction of The Punisher, as well as Elecktra, took this one over the top. Berenthal was inspired casting, and he nailed it.

2. JJ
    Loved it. The writing and acting was great all around, and it was refreshing to see characters, who would have been throwaway characters in most shows, become actual fleshed-out people who would turn out to be important. Plus it was quirky, and the villain was the best I have seen, right up there with the best villains in movies, instead of just TV shows. The interesting thing was how much I like Colter as Luke Cage in this series - more on that below.

3. DD 1
    Took the whole idea of making a Marvel/Netflix 'street-level' TV show and ran with it, and hit a solid home run. It was a really good grounded way to introduce us all to realistic versions of many larger-than-life characters from the comics, particularly Kingpin. Got the chance to really watch the characters grow and change. Made me hungry for more.

4. Iron Fist
    I really don't know what they were thinking with this. This was SO far below the bar they set with DD & JJ. The only interesting character to me was Madame Gau. Ward and his dad became more compelling as the show went on, which surprised me, but overall the whole thing was a complete mess. I can't imagine that many of the same people who were involved in the productions of DD & JJ were involved in this at all. BUT, there IS hope for the future. Why? Read on.

5. Luke Cage
    Oh my God, what a wretched watching experience. First, it is clear that the people who made this series never watched the Jessica Jones series. At all. Not even one second of the time that Luke Cage was on screen in JJ. The Luke Cage in JJ was interesting, confident, dangerous, and intelligent. The Luke Cage in this series was none of those things. It's as though someone said 'Hey, I have a good idea! Let's make THIS series all about Black History Month of Harlem. And Luke Cage can be the tour guide! That'll be awesome!' Ok fine, they can make all the loving tributes to Harlem and Civil Rights they want. The problem is, in the process, they turned this guy into a gigantic p-word. I mean, they guy refused to fight, this was a superhero TV show and we spent most of our time with alcoholic Alfre Woodard and her brother, talking about corrupt politics and being a gangster. Whee. The casting was terrible across the board too. Hated the Misty Knight actress, hated Diamondback (seriously, did they really DO that? Dumbest story 'twist' EVER), hated Misty's corrupt partner, hated the M&M Wannabe Gangster guy.

Frankly, I hated Colter's performance in this as well. It was so disappointing after the cool awesomeness we saw from him and this character in JJ. Which is why I blame the writing, and the directing more than Colter. The directing? Oh my GOD, what were they DOING? Every scene, and I mean EVERY SCENE, was so excruciatingly SLOOOOOWWWWWW. You could drive a truck through the silent gaps in the dialogue. It was as though they realized 'Ok guys, we know we only have about 30 minutes of script here, but we need to stretch it into about 50 minutes, so, let's see LOTS of dramatic pauses, lots of thoughtful walking scenes where nobody talks, and lots of really slow talking! On three, BREAK!' And the writing? For most of this series, I couldn't even tell if this was a prequel to JJ or if it happened after that? The whole time it felt like an Origin Story, but then come to find out it all happened AFTER the stuff we see him do in JJ.

Just terrible. But, that is ALSO why I have hope going forward, both for Luke Cage and Iron Fist. There is no WAY Marvel and Netflix bring anything but their A-List teams to the Defenders. And because we saw Cage be awesome and cool in JJ, then I believe we can see that same guy again. So hopefully the big brains at Marvel and Netflix realize they really blew it with Iron Fist and Luke Cage, and basically give them a fresh start with better writing and direction next time. No more angsty nostalgia for Luke Cage, and no more angsty emo hipster hippie for Iron Fist.

Cross your fingers!

seclusion likes this.
  14. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Daredevil and JJ were fine. Luke Cage was fine for about 5-6 episodes. Iron Fist was not great. nothing appealing about the character. Hes a whiny b**** that's poorly acted and written.

hvic likes this.
  15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I concur 100% with this post.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Season 2 was released Friday if anyone wants to give the show another shot.

tinman likes this.
  18. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Colleen Wing fap

DreamShook likes this.
  19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Iron Fist doesn't even show up in the recently released on my Netflix. I had to go and search for it.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Maybe the expectations are low.