1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pat Bev on the trade block?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Jun 18, 2017.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

With no Pat Bev, who gonna do this?

[​IMG]

2. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

mm, as critical as I've been of Beverly in the past, unless we actually get an upgrade at pg, I don't wanna see him go. I also agree that his value is probably at an all-time high right now. If we're gonna sell, we'd get back more if we do so now.

I just don't see him getting that much better in the coming years. I still don't think his defense is where it was 2 years ago, and his playmaking is probably at a ceiling. He's improved the 3pt shot for sure though.

3. Embrace the clutch

Why wouldnt Detroit just make this offer themselves

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

This. But the irony is that you keep guys like Bev on your roster if you want to win a championship. you don't trade a Bev if you are in win-now mode ...which i thought we were. So i'm not sure what the details of the Bev trade speculation are, but i'd have a hard time believing it's draft-pick related. It's probably a package play for an over-the-hill vet ...and another 1st or 2nd round exit. SPLASH!

5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Morey won't pay him what he wants. He's gone. :(

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It always depends on what we get in return, but in general, I think it's a horrible idea. Patrick gives us heart, soul, and defense that we don't have without him. One of those three things is measurable in stats. The other two are not measurable and mean a lot. It is needed on this team. Other people might have those characteristics in a limited amount, but very few players in the league bring it on the level that Patrick Beverley does.

His offense is also passable and fits in with this team. It will be hard to get equal value in return for Beverley.

No Chance likes this.
  7. DeathStar

DeathStar Member

Philly could really use some help around the perimeter and have a ton a draft picks. Maybe they could send Bev, Lou and Ariza o Philly for a couple first rounder picks going to Indy and PG coming to Houston? IDK just spit balling over here.

8. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Don't believe they could convince him to stay. Bevs contract and ariza expiring helps their dicey cap situation for a mediocre team while improving the roster.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Dude he's not expiring.

10. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

He's already subliminally asked for more money. Is his last year team or player option?

11. steveng125

steveng125 Member

I think bev knows he will be packaged for cp3 or paul George. It has some truth to the rumors if pat is speaking on it

12. steveng125

steveng125 Member

LeBron would have won the championship this year with pat bev. All those missed rebounds pat would have been all over them.

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Nope. He hasn't asked for more money, he's not anywhere close to being a free agent bro. This is from that Astros interview that posters read into wrong.

joshuaao and RasaqBoi like this.
  14. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Naw... this organization already sold its soul to Harden... now they're giving up its heart...

15. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Something hairy for those Warriors under those sleeves.

We're not talking polo shirt short sleeves. Those sleeves are reaching the wrists and beyond everyday.

16. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

This much smoke has me wondering if CP3 and Hayward talk. Perhaps joining the Rockets for less money each.

They must recognize Durant is willing to take less money to keep that thing going.

17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

RasaqBoi likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Beverley is now eligible to sign a three-year, $31 million extension that would start in 2019-20.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  19. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

He hasn't asked for money, but his agent likely asked about his situation. Beverley is frustrated that he won't get an extension which means he likely will be dealt.

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Of course he's not gonna be happy.

He played great, almost getting to DPOY consideration, plus D'Antoni trusts his to handle the ball some and run pnr.

Of course he won't be happy of rumors he's getting traded.