1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pat Bev on the trade block?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Jun 18, 2017.

1. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

The very first sentence.......

BigMaloe likes this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am rocking my Rockets Bev shirt right now, do not want him traded, he is the heart and soul of this team. But you just know they don't want to pay him the big money he will command in a couple of years.

DD

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Conclusion: Pat Beverley reads Clutchfans.

Richie_Rich, BigMaloe and The Cat like this.
  4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Some interesting news came out today.

1. Bev openly admits that he's aware of the cp3 rumors and that he could/would be shipped out.

2. Paul George has informed the Pacers he intends to opt out next summer and won't stay in Indy.

First thing that strikes me is that this cp3 thing is more than rumor. This thing has some legs. From a coaching perspective cp3 fits like a glove with MDA, but why come here just for that and harden? Sure your prob better off in houston than the clippers but your still not a threat to beat the Warriors.

But that leads me to number 2. Cp3 must have some indication or knowledge that houston is trying to not only bring him in but also add another star with him to join Harden.

Paul George maybe?

We know Morey would take that gamble, plus his value is at an alltime low and he's on a very reasonable contact in terms of matching salary for trade purposes. I find it hard to imagine Paul George if traded here around the draft, cp3 not following shortly after once free agency begins. I also find it hard to imagine Paul George not resigning in houston long term if he's on a team with harden and cp3.

Adding Paul George (trade) and cp3 (FA) is a lot easier than signing cp3 and Hayward this offseason.

I'm no cap guy but I would imagine you could keep one of bev, Lou, Ariza or possibly Gordon while adding Paul George and cp3.

5. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

If we are trading PBev, we are going to be super team, or I'd be disappointed. 1 year rental for PGeorge would be great because he may inclined to play more than 1 year on a suped-up team than a Westy-type team.

6. T for 3

T for 3 Member

He or his people saw the tweet or whatever it was that started the rumor. I don't see how anything else can be inferred from it. Unless you want to get excited and stuff, which is cool. It would be really unprofessional if something serious was on the table. I'm sure Bev knows that.

7. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

If we have to move Bev to get CP3, I'm all for that. I like Bev and his passion, but skill wise he is not consistent enough to make a difference. If we could upgrade any other position and keep him that would be good, bottom line is we HAVE to upgrade the talent level to have any real chance to win a title. CP3 on this team would be an upgrade. I'm sure Morey and Les have a plan to get players.

8. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Windhorst said on the radio just now that he's expecting Houston to try for PG. Indiana really wanted EG in the off season. Said Harden, CP3, and PG is possible, rockets retain PG's bird rights.

9. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Bev vs Harden would be interesting

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Not really.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

J.R. likes this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

Lord, please!!! Let my Rockets prayers come true just this 1 time.

34to11, YaoMing#1 and Jayzers_100 like this.
  14. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I love Bev but holy shet. This puts us up there with the Warriors

Stormy1234 likes this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Pat be trollin'. :D

16. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Didn't pg say he preferred the Lakers?

If that's true then it makes no sense for Indy to trade him here seeing as they could get a better haul from the Lakers.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nope, still couple MVPs and 1 FMVP in Iggy off the pine less. GSW got 4 Allstars

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bev is going nowhere.

EG+1 for PG
    Ryno, Lou, Trev dumped for CP3

Chris Paul
    James Harden
    Paul George
    ??? (Dork Elvis)
    Clint Capela
    ---------------------
    Bev, Nene, etc.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

...and the supposed thinking is "Don't trade for me, don't send away good assets, I'll just sign there in a year." ...so the Lakers reportedly aren't offering much right now.

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

What better haul? If the Lakers know that he'll just come there in FA then they're not giving up anything of really high value.

If I know that there's a good chance that I can get something for free, why would I offer up $50 for it?