1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Celtics trade #1 pick to Sixers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 16, 2017.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

maybe CHI is hardballing BOS. In that case bos can threaten to trade the number 1 to phi under the guise that it gets them more value in the future... meanwhile the offer of # 1 for butler is sliding off the table. Chi now has to think that maybe the # 1 is their best bet and agrees to the deal.

2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I disagree. It's likely they still Lowe but I think if they pull off a 5 all-star lineup that is the best challenge at beating the dubs.

Not only are they all stars they are all solid to great defenders besides IT. Specifically on the perimeter. Built to test against the warriors and any switch doesn't hurt you except for IT.

Isiah
    Butler
    George
    Hayward
    Horford

Is extremely sexy

3. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

He already has.

4. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Josh Jackson is a bit of a head case. I think there's a pretty big drop after Fultz.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Sign Gordon Hayward

Chicago gets #3(josh Jackson), Marcus smart, Tyler zeller, Jordan Mickey, the LA/Sac 1st, future Boston 1st

Boston gets Jimmy Butler

Boston gets Paul george

Isiah
    Butler
    George
    Hayward
    Horford

With a bench unit with
    Rozier
    Crowder
    Olynyk (resigned with rights.
    Zizic (comes over)
    (vet min signings)

6. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Hahaha, I wasn't exactly thrilled. I believe Fultz will be a stud. Hard to imagine Ainge being able to assemble a team that can beat the Dubs or even the Cavs. To make matters worse it now appears he just made Philly a Super Team for the future so long as they can stay healthy and continue to develop. Doesn't help that my uncle lives in Philadelphia and has been trolling me ever since the news first broke [​IMG]

#186 i3artow i3aller, Jun 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
    BigMaloe and Os Trigonum like this.
  7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Love the deal for the 76ers. Good time to cash in on assets.

Celtics? Not bad. But wait and see. Have to see how this plays out.

Just as I type this Woj bombed that Paul George plans to leave Pacers in 2018, prefers Lakers. So let that sit in. Pacers are on the clock.

BigMaloe likes this.
  8. basketballholic

I'm very concerned about Embiid's long term viability. If he can't stay healthy the Sixers are basically wasting a decade.

And secondly, if he does stay healthy, the Colangelos are going to waste the decade. They've lost every trade since Hinkie was booted.

**********************************************************************************

Guys, Butler is not Ainge's trade target. Ainge is planning on signing Hayward in free agency. Ainge's trade target is Anthony Davis. He's going to make a kings ransom offer for AD on draft night. If the Pels say no, he'll trade #3 and possibly other assets for more and better picks in future drafts. And he'll go to war next season with Hayward while continuing to dangle the asset pile for Davis. If the Pels don't bite, Ainge will go after DeMarcus in free agency next season and then he's got a huge pile of assets for somebody else.

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

4-1 series still...

10. Outlier

Outlier Member

Isn't fultz the draftee that said he wants to be mvp next year?

RocketsTruth likes this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I agree that Anthony Davis is Ainge's trade target. BUT, I don't think the Pels move him. I think it is more likely the Pels move Cousins at the trade deadline if their season isn't going well.

Vivi likes this.
  12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Agreed. Why on earth would the Pels trade AD right now?

What's more, all the Celtics did was get two likely mid to late lotto picks extra. WHich could be valuable if picks turn out well but might also turn into Hashemite Thabeets.

They could have offered a Kings ransom this year already which would have be included Fultz.

I mean if I'm the Rockets and considering trading Harden for example isn't prefer a Celtics package that was #1, Nets 18, etc.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yeah, if I was the Pels, I would want a Fultz centered package versus the unknowns on future picks.

I could see Ainge going after Cousins though at the deadline. Not sure what deal the Pels could get though with DMC heading towards FA that summer.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

15. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Honestly I wonder if the Knicks may kick the tires on a Porzingis trade given the landscape at the moment.

Porzingis would really fit in Boston and the Knicks who are still incredibly dysfunctional and have no real building blocks for the future other than a disgruntled Porzingis having to deal with the on-going Melo-drama, could get Lavar Ball / Fox & Monk in this years draft, try and dump Melo and pick up whatever young assets / picks for him, and next year just go full blown tank, have their own pick with a shot at Michael Porter plus one more pick (either the BKN pick or this new Laker pick from a trade with the Celtics).

Celtics come out with at least 1 possibly top 5 pick for next year but for now have IT-Bradley-Crowder-Horford-Porzingis-Jaylen Brown, plus the possibility of adding Hayward. Looks a hell of a lot better for the present and the future for the Celtics.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Btw this was fultz's workout

18. PhiSlammaJamma

Nothing about that 7 minutes was in the least bit impressive.

19. dmoneybangbang

Nevermind. I agree NOP will be in a good position with Boston.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member