1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Draft Talk

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dwhite, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I wouldn't mind packaging a 2nd + Harrell to move up in the draft if a targetted player is still there. Might get you higher in the 2nd round if a key prospect is available. Like Bell etc.

2. basketballholic

And Semi. Those are my four top choices. I'm pretty sure Semi and Bell are gone in the twenties. But I'd love to trade for both guys and still nab Mason and Bolden in the second. And I'd put all them in the rotation early and play them primary minutes early in the season to save my vets, get them good experience, and see which ones to position in the rotation for later in the season.

In fact, a second unit of Mason, Gordon, Semi, Bell, and Bolden would wreck passing our open three-point shooting system. And collectively they'd take up about $16 million of cap space.

3. rockets13champs

What I meant was to attach these 2nds on contracts to open cap

4. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Semi would be nice but that's a dream -- looking at mocks, I'd LOVE to take shots on Bolden and Anzejs. I like Motley and Anunoby too. This is a deep as hell draft

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Anderson is really the only contract that might need assets to be attached. I think this is a pretty deep 2nd round, I wouldn't want to trade either 2nd this year. I'd almost rather trade next years 1st or Harrell then our 2nds.