1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Celtics trade #1 pick to Sixers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 16, 2017.

1. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

so I've been looking this guy up lately after all this talk, I mean three good first picks, that's crazy right?

anyways, this guy looks really nice. He reminds me of a poor man's Lillard with the handles, and curry with the pull-up. he can pass, drive and finish well too. his game is very polished. He can score from literally anywhere on the floor.

the question now is can he translate to the NBA? the ball, the three point line, bigger and better players, etc. i think he can. I mean the 76ers had so many number one picks. they invest so much time and money into scouting and tracking players by now, that I'm pretty sure they wanted this guy and we're willing to pay whatever it took to get them. I think they got it right.

fultz
    ???
    simmons
    embiid/saric
    okafor/noel

if they get a legit shooter (my guess is they will offer reddick the max) they will finally make the playoffs and start growing. they have a lot of young pieces i did not mention who could be solid back ups.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I don't see it that way. You can also say the 76ers don't do it unless Fultz is a tier above the #3. If Givony is correct and there is a significant drop-off from Fultz to #3, then imo, Ainge better turn this into another trade for an established star, or he's just missed on a #1 that he was hoping to get all this time.

Something like this could easily turn into a role-player pick.

3. lionaire

lionaire Member

I think Boston got fair value for giving up Fultz but my Celtics fan friends are NOT happy with this deal.

4. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

yeah isaiah thomas is still too small to be considered anything more than a third option come playoff time.

ainge is thinking he can cash in all of these picks into a championship in the next two seasons like they did before.

lionaire likes this.
  5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

#126 J.R., Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  7. Nook

Nook Member

We are saying the same thing.

heypartner likes this.
  8. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Woj corrected his tweet. Celtics didn't get much. Good deal for the Sixers imo

J.R. likes this.
  9. lionaire

lionaire Member

Wow nvm Celtics lost

10. heypartner

If it was the Rockets, I can pretty much guarantee you the vote would be >66% against giving up the #1 pick for anything less than an established NBA star like Butler, and even then ...

Looks like Ainge is only getting the #3 and one more protected future first. It's very dangerous to push a #1 pick in the NBA like that. This isn't the NFL.

11. Lightsnowaction

Wow, Celtics just formed a 76ers Big 3 and not sure what Boston is doing. Unless they like Josh Jackson alot.

12. heypartner

If Embiid plays, and either Simmons or Fultz produce close to ROY form, 76ers could make the playoffs and that pick is very mediocre.

Ainge is playing with fire.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  13. lionaire

lionaire Member

Agreed. I would rage and CF as a whole would be in complete and utter shambles.

Despite the update to the deal specifics I still believe they have the enough assets to deal for Butler or PG.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Gotta say I love this deal for the Sixers. Ben Simmons, Fultz and Embiid are all legit potential superstars of the future. I will make every effort possible to go when they play the Rockets here. I hope Simmons and Embiid can stay healthy.

On the Celtics side, it seems they will probably trade the picks for Jimmy Butler (or PG).

15. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Rumor is that Boston wants Jimmy Butler. They wanted to get an additional pick to send to Chicago for Butler. Not sure how true that is though. If Fultz' is the real deal, I think Philly wins this trade.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

@AdamHimmelsbach: The Celtics' overflowing backcourt also factored into their decision to pass on Fultz, sources say.

17. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

So im guessing you're mad as s*** right now

BigMaloe likes this.
  18. Rox11

Rox11 Member

So I take it Ainge trusts in Thomas, obviously won't stick with fultz moving forward

Has a bunch of picks to send to Chicago

Hopefully philly doesn't turn into an okc situation. Two pgs?

19. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

If the Celtics don't trade for Butler, then I don't see this going down very well for them. On the other hand, 76ers seem to be making moves. IF, and it's a big "if", Embiid stays healthy, this will be a VERY good team down the road. Could make playoffs this year.

20. Nook

Nook Member

Dumb...dumb... dumb... if Fultz is that good, there is no reason Thomas or Bradley should have impact on Fultz. For the Celtics sake, I hope Ainge just preferred Jackson as the best player in the draft.

Vivi and RasaqBoi like this.