1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is it going to take to knock the GSW off?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Jun 12, 2017.

1. buzz1701

buzz1701 Contributing Member

Well Lebron James is a free agent. He probably would be the piece the Rox would need.

2. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

I mean, I like where your head is, but I think we just fundamentally disagree on how good the Warriors are. I think they are just about insurmountably good. I guess we could become a historically good defense, but why on Earth would we consider that a reasonable possibility? Deandre Jordan could become an elite free throw shooter, but why would you plan around that possibility? I hope that team management is taking a holistic approach to improving the team (offense, defense, coaching, etc...), but I don't think there are any amount of moves, changes, etc... that can be made to give us a 50-50 shot against the Warriors in the playoffs.

There's a legitimately good case for just throwing in the towel and building for the future, and plenty of people on this board are making that argument compellingly. After all those years of 5th-8th seed suckitude, I'd rather give it our best go since we have a top 4 team and top 5 player. It's my view that we should absolutely make whatever defensive improvements we can but that we can't gut the team of the guys I see as critical for giving this volatility approach a chance (Gordon, Williams, Ariza, Beverley) without replacements that can shoot at least as well.

3. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

[​IMG]

This should do the trick

4. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Local ratings dropped 15% on average this season. That staggering drop will be all we need. Mark Cuban dropped 43% personally, and I bet he'll have something to say about it.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

I would handle this on the court, literally, on account they are a monopoly. And win this with legal brainpower in the supreme court. Do we have top 50 lawyers?

6. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

In short, you need at least two MVP calibre players and two all-star calibre players to compete with Golden State. If you don't have that then your only other option is to hope they can't stay healthy, which is kind of a shitty thing to hope for.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

GSW is still undersized at the PF spot and the C is not a very good player.

You have to have elite guys there.

And lengthy, athletic defenders who can guard the 3 pt line.

They will still score but you have to slow it down, confuse them.

#87 daywalker02, Jun 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
    smoothie likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Ball that sucks talent?

9. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Great points but where has great defense gotten the Grizzlies?

10. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

You need a team that's strong defensively and can force turnovers, can dominate the offensive boards and has at least a top-ten offense.

When the Warriors lose, it's because they commit a ton of turnovers and give up a lot of second-chance points. If the Warriors are playing their A-game, they can't be beaten--so you have to have a team well set up to exploit them when they're playing careless basketball.

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

They don't have James Harden and MDA.

That's why I specifically said - NOT the low pace, JVG/Thibs style defense. I'm talking about a modern defense, based on being able to contain player/ball movement even in a high possession game.

The Grizzlies btw have not had a player better than Harden in the history of their franchise. I know I'm let down by Harden's late postseason performance, but let's not forget that we have a player who can win 40+ regular season games in the western conference regardless of who you put around him. Even if he's always going to be a playoff choker - something I don't personally believe - he is an all-world asset and the only reason we are one of 3-4 teams that should not rebuild.

MorningZippo and Rocket River like this.
  12. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

Not much of a chance imo. The Nba will have no competition for at least 3 years. Even if the Spurs land Chris Paul they would be lucky to win a game in that series. The Cavs won't beat them even though they have comparable talent because they don't play a team oriented style like the Warriors do. So the NBA has left us with one interesting series for the next 4 years and it ain't even that interesting. Awesome job Silver. I'll be watching even less NBA next year.

13. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Lebron , and Paul signing in Laker land. Followed by some other key free agents like Blake Giriffin. But that aint gonna happen just to down thrown the warriors.

Paul
    Lebron
    Ingram
    Russell
    Blake Griffin
    J Randle

That 6 would be the next redeam team and come take down the warriors.

14. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Or to make it easier, Lebron joins clippers, and maybe they resign everyone, and bring in some players like ibaka around Blake and Chris. who knows..

15. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

How about...LeBron James while we are at it?

16. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

Did you see Kevin Loves performance in the finals? Far far worse than the other Big Threes. He just disappears.

17. caneks

caneks Rookie

1st priority is to get rid of Morey. He's been building wrong foundation and does not show any future of possible championship for this team.

deshen likes this.
  18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Fire the whole NBA then, because they're in the same boat

19. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Turn Harden into Jordan and make Hakeem young again.

20. caneks

caneks Rookie

There are some teams that are in the right direction.

deshen likes this.